No announcement yet.

Ginn and Mandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What they need is a shape-shifting android body...

Comment

I think its some kind of security measures the ancients have taken to restore accidentally lost people.
      This is probably how they used to get them back and put them inside another clone body may be.

Comment

Maybe Eli and Rush could upload themselves to the ships computer or maybe the entire crew lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jjesusfreak01 View Post
          I may be wrong about this, but I believe there was a separate colony of Azgard that had fixed the problem of diminishing returns with their clones after the main colony had blown themselves up.
          That was the Pegasus asgard, and nope.. they also suffered the diminishing returns issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
            What if we have anohter double from an alternative time line. And two extra female crew who somehow endup brain dead, and Ginn and Mandy problem are slove.

A double body of chole , TJ , Wray or Dr Lisa Park.
            That's not how "brain dead" works. If you uploaded the AI of Ginn or Amanda Perry into a brain dead body, the brain would not suddenly regain function.

Comment

Unless one of them takes over Cloe permanently, keep them as AIs. It's not like they are going to take all the useless people (Cloe and I'm sure 20 others) and let the girls pick new bodies.

Comment

An even more interesting question here.

What if they *could* upload and re-download into the same/different bodies.

AP had access to the medical library almost immediately after upload, what could Rush do with that information at his bec and call?

Upload himself and try and memorize Ancients understandings of physics and Stargates and figure a way home/to do awesome stuff/find what bits of Destiny do what?

Failing that - just ask AP?

I get the feeling we have been given SGU's version of the repository of Ancient knowledge/ the Ancient version of the Asgard core.

I suspect it would take Ginn and AP time to work through the amount of data stored, but this raises so many possibilities which i hope they use in season the..e..e....the movie!!!!! ... ...

Aw forget it.

N.C

Comment

2 more questions I came up with, one while driving home from work yesterday and the other was "revitalized" while reading Nth Chevron's post...

1) If they were to do the new bodies? would they (the story/TPTB) continue with the "stone usage" appareance gimmick, (meaning that we see the actress playing the original character but only see the "body" in a mirror shot) or would we just get the "new body" actress to reprise the role kinda like they did with "Weir" by bringing Michelle Morgan back and working it in as "that was the only program accessible" plot

2) Had they not buried Ginn's body and had it still on board... WOULD it have been possible to somehow revive it? I mean A) she was strangled (normally resulting in a broken hyoid [correct me if i'm wrong but i *think* that's the bone in the throat.. been out of touch with Bones and CSI lately! haha] bone) plus, it had been a somewhat long period of time... would decay have been an issue or would there have been some way to "store" her body somewhere in the ship?

My words aren't processing for me like I want to at the moment so hopefully you guys will understand what I'm trying to say here..

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                    2) Had they not buried Ginn's body and had it still on board... WOULD it have been possible to somehow revive it? I mean A) she was strangled (normally resulting in a broken hyoid [correct me if i'm wrong but i *think* that's the bone in the throat.. been out of touch with Bones and CSI lately! haha] bone) plus, it had been a somewhat long period of time... would decay have been an issue or would there have been some way to "store" her body somewhere in the ship?.
                    Being how long it has been since then, unless we had access to a Gou'ald Sarcophagi, or that Ancient healing cube, i seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                      2) Had they not buried Ginn's body and had it still on board... WOULD it have been possible to somehow revive it? I mean A) she was strangled (normally resulting in a broken hyoid [correct me if i'm wrong but i *think* that's the bone in the throat.. been out of touch with Bones and CSI lately! haha] bone) plus, it had been a somewhat long period of time... would decay have been an issue or would there have been some way to "store" her body somewhere in the ship?

My words aren't processing for me like I want to at the moment so hopefully you guys will understand what I'm trying to say here..
                      We encounterd a few Alien Races that could do that, though on Destiny I dont belive its possible. The Ancients had Healingpowers on their own, therefore the need of Medical Equipment is probably limited.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          We encounterd a few Alien Races that could do that, though on Destiny I dont belive its possible. The Ancients had Healingpowers on their own, therefore the need of Medical Equipment is probably limited.
                          Keep in mind the Ancients that we've encountered with those healing powers have been more recent. Ayiana was left behind on Earth about a million years ago when Atlantis left for Pegasus, long after Destiny was on her way. Isn't it possible that the Ancients who built Destiny weren't quite as near ascended as the others we've encountered?

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                            Keep in mind the Ancients that we've encountered with those healing powers have been more recent. Ayiana was left behind on Earth about a million years ago when Atlantis left for Pegasus, long after Destiny was on her way. Isn't it possible that the Ancients who built Destiny weren't quite as near ascended as the others we've encountered?
                            You have a good point there. I was always wondering why Destiny has no Systems that are even near the Atlantis Tech that can be controlled through thoughts at times. That kind of proofs your Point that they might not have had those abilities back then.

The only Ancients we ever met were evolved to the point of Ascencion, everyone else was long dead.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Since the Destiny is so old, who's to say the tech that requires ancient dna to interface with it, was NOT made till well after it launched?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Since the Destiny is so old, who's to say the tech that requires ancient dna to interface with it, was NOT made till well after it launched?
                                I think there is a difference between the Atlantis Tech that needs the DNA marker to work and a regular Neural Interface. Clearly Destiny can have a look into everybodys heads so why cant they give commands through thoughts?
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X