Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubba hubba!

Comment

1.I suppose that Eli could have just maybe tried a suicide escape with the Shuttle in FTL.
      2.If the chair would take too much power, then the alternate plan is to take a LOT of Kinos and start recording. Eli could basically record(in speech) everything he knows. It would take two weeks, yes, but he'd get it finished. He'd say every memory, everything he ever remembers thinking. I know it may take a long time, but still, he could try. When the Kino Eli is finally finished, he'll take a Shuttle and fly it away from Destiny in FTL. Take all food supplies and go, Eli. The Shuttle life support would sustain him. Or try to survive on the Shuttle docked to Destiny with all the supplies. Or just ditch the idea and go fix the pod.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I think eli has a bit longer than just 2 weeks, he could turn off the gravity 2 give him some more time, and when destinies life support starts to fail he could go to the shuttle to use it's life support, and if he took a space suit with him he could even go back and fix the pod aftawards, and if it did come to the very end the communication stones would have some power left so he could say his last goodbye's to his mother, and then switch back before the other person dies too

Comment

Eli Wallace is way to good to die. Well, too bad. (Can someone tell me how they're gonna get life support online after exiting the Stasis Pods)
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Eli Wallace is way to good to die. Well, too bad. (Can someone tell me how they're gonna get life support online after exiting the Stasis Pods)
            With the current plan, it's believed that Destiny will make it to the next galaxy, and find a suitable sun to recharge in on autopilot before anyone is awaken from stasis.

Comment

I would think it would do so.

Comment

I think Eli smiling in the end means he's figured it out and is quite proud of himself for doing so, and for stepping up to responsibility. And also the fact that Young and Rush are trusting him with theirs and everyone's lives. He's finally growing up! Don't think he'd be smiling if he wasn't sure of his coarse of action.
                sigpic

Comment

true, he smiles big and quickly, like a joke he thought of [or a solution]. but his expression changes either to a mix of hope and pessimism.

reminds me a little of 'unending' when cl mitchell points and says "what about that!" .... not to suggest the FTL itself can help --- its just the direction hes looking [or the deck is where he has enough light to work and use the least power, wheel everything in there for convenience].

the ending music btw, LOVED it. Destiny sails on ...
                  Last edited by greenguywithlasereye; 21 May 2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                    I think Eli smiling in the end means he's figured it out and is quite proud of himself for doing so, and for stepping up to responsibility. And also the fact that Young and Rush are trusting him with theirs and everyone's lives. He's finally growing up! Don't think he'd be smiling if he wasn't sure of his coarse of action.
                    It is good that Eli has stepped up, I don't know if I agree with the fact that he fixed the pod. His eyes had bags and showed some signs of exhaustion. So if he did fix it great, but if he did not he could survive in the shuttle no? Bring some planters in with the seeds and some food. Eventually he would be able to grow his own food and make his own O2. the water would be harder, rashoning would be needed. What he would do with his time..... the data base for both ships, read them and figure out plans of attack for there problems. Also he might bring the stones, and just leave a note when switching. This way he could talk to McKay, Carter and others if needed.
                    sigpic

Comment

also what about using a suit in rotation with the shuttle?
                      sigpic

Comment

I came across mgm.com blogs a few weeks ago. As I'm going through the blog posts and rewatching the seasons in addition to the season 1 Kino episodes, it gives me another perspective of things outside of just the episodes I never saw nor read before. This is one such a post.

=======================================

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/blog/2497/index.html

=======================================

A Bit Late for Winter Formal
                        By Eli Wallace, Nov 16th, 2010

A Bit Late for Winter Formal

I don't want to hear it, Millbarge. So, just save your jokes and your sarcasm, please. We all know how snarky you get with your unending silence and non-replies. Just please, do me a favor. Go to whatever store is near the Pentagon, buy a nice frame. Don't worry, I'll pay you back (depending on what the exchange rate is whenever I finally make it back.) Put this picture in it, and send it to my last known address. No need to write anything long-winded. Just tack a post-it on the outside for my mother. Tell her: I'm happy.

Comment

I really liked how Eli stepped up (I might have cried *shifty eyes* nah that was more for the end of the franchise that has been around since before I was born) but I have confidence that Eli will fix the pod in time, he's a smart kid so he'll fix it I for one believe in him
                          Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

I really dislike the whole idea of a cliffhanger ending like this to a show.. that being said I thought the Eli scene at the end was well done. I've only watched the episode once but the little smile on the balcony, for me at least, could be taken as a knowing "I've just realised how to fix it" or a bittersweet "I'm toast but look at the wonderful things I've seen and at least my plan is saving my family".
                            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Watching the ending myself when Eli was on the Observation Deck that his smile was a sign possibly of, yes he knew what to do, or he possibly just was accepting his fate.

There is no doubt though that the thought of the neural interface chair crossed my mind when he stood there smiling when the camera paned around to his face. I was thinking the same as many of you before. But as for shuttling out from the Destiny while in FTL, that wouldn't be possible would it? From my thoughts here the shuttle would be vaporized when it leaves the ship's shields.
                              Am i right or am i mistaken?????

I do still long and wish that they would release any information or if i can find any leaks of what the upcoming seasons were going to be doing or about since the show was canceled. It is kinda depressing, being that i was so into this series like none before and now it is over with this GINORMOUS Cliffhanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                                I really dislike the whole idea of a cliffhanger ending like this to a show.. that being said I thought the Eli scene at the end was well done. I've only watched the episode once but the little smile on the balcony, for me at least, could be taken as a knowing "I've just realised how to fix it" or a bittersweet "I'm toast but look at the wonderful things I've seen and at least my plan is saving my family".
                                Tis a pity we never will learn whether his mom was finally better or whether her and Wrays lass got along.

Comment

Working...
                                X