Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after 15 years or what ever it is this is how it ends i got so bored half way through i went and washed the dishes

Comment

no it wasnt all guns blazing, high tempo ending with characters in mortal danger...it was an fairly obvious enough solution to a majorly daunting prospect. It wasnt a des ex machina like we're used to in stargate it...for that reason the closing 15 minutesish (bear in mind the action up to then, 2 command ships destroyed!) had to be about fixing the stasis pods and slowly shutting everything down. Added to that is the prospect of a season and ultimtly series ending...how would you have played it??

Comment

I hate how the life support system is always a huge power hog in sci-fi shows. Life support should barely take up any energy at all compared to the other systems.

Even if they did need that tiny little drop of power, they still have the suits and the shuttle. Eli could use those to sustain himself for more time.

Comment

Was I the only one who noticed that how the Command ships and their drones forced Destiny out of their galaxy and made the crew go into hibernation is a perfect analog as to how the network forced SGU of the air and put the whole franchise into hibernation?

Comment

Originally posted by MrEvers View Post
            Was I the only one who noticed that how the Command ships and their drones forced Destiny out of their galaxy and made the crew go into hibernation is a perfect analog as to how the network forced SGU of the air and put the whole franchise into hibernation?
            I agree with you. There is a message in the episode. I'm very sad. I cried while they entered one bye one the stasis pods. I loved this show. Loved Stargate and I will miss it very much

Comment

I was a definite critic of the show but season two really come into its own for me. The whole storyline of meeting their descendants was brilliant, best series of episodes that SGU produced imo. Really gutted to know ill never find out what happened to everyone, from the journey of Destiny as a whole and not knowing how the final episode itself played out after Eli put Young into the stasis pod. Definitely sad to see it go.

Comment

Completely agree with you guys. There was an obvious message. Will definitely miss the show and series.

Comment

Also annoyed at the exact number of stasis pods. Given the number of residences they were NOT using.

Also thinking that the shuttle and/or hydroponics bay could be used to be the life support for Eli. While watching the final scenes. What they always needed was time to actually explore the data stored on destiny anyway. If the faith aliens had enough info about the shuttle on the shuttle to remanufacturer it to factory specs. You just need access to it (which they have) and time to learn and/or understand it. Plus they have the novan tech notes (1/3rd of it anyway). Which was apparently good enough to hold off the drones for a couple years according to the paper.

Speaking of which did anyone notice if Wray was wearing a new outfit? So many things we'll never know...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                    Also annoyed at the exact number of stasis pods. Given the number of residences they were NOT using.
                    Given that they only just found these statis pods, whose to say there aren't more located on the ship that hasn't been explored. If I were designing the Destiny, I would make certain I didn't place all my status pods in one central location. Too much chance of damage to area taking out a possible lifeline for intended Ancient crew.

Don't be limited by what you see on the screen; use your imagination. Part of the appeal to SGU was not everything was answered at the end of every episode. Story arc's; mmm, good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                      My comment after the episode was over was... 'Seriously?????'
                      What was that????
                      I was so thrilled after epilogue and this is what I get now???
                      I got bored during this episode and nothing was emotional like many people say. Only the last part was. The part after everyone was in and Eli was alone.
                      What ending is that????
                      They wasted a whole episode to get inside the stasis pods.
                      As much as I wanna know what happened next, I don't think it would be that good. It's not worth the wait.
                      That doesn't mean that I don't want more. I want more stargate. If it's SGU, I'll deal with it just like I did the last 2 years. If it's something else, then it's will be much much better. Any type of continuation for SG-1, SGA would be a lot better. And maybe I'll like a new SG show, who knows.
                      Anyway, it's enough of off-topic stuff. I like how they got closer to Rush and Eli has changed to the best. I pity Parks, but for some reason I'm not that interested in that story or Greer's irritating care for her. I have a feeling that the stasis would heal everyone. I still wanna know more about scott and his son. I want to know even more about TJ, but I think that the stasis might heal her, even if it's not possible or convincing, just like everything else in SGU.
                      I can't believe they destroyed a shuttle. They're gonna need it again later and these drones WILL be back. Does that mean that they send the second shuttle to get destroyed???
                      No logic and no considering the future. Just because the series is over, doesn't mean that they shouldn't consider the future.
                      The whole idea is stupid. First time I disagree with Eli.
                      That mineral that they got from the planet to fix the stasis pods should take more time to extract and to cut.
                      Stargate used to make every thing right and it was convincing. It changed in SGU and it was the worst in this episode.
                      I just wish that they either fix it so that it gets picked up again on any other channel or even make a new one, not to mention the old shows.
                      These things should have been discussed with O'Neill not Tellford. I wanted to see the old SG-1 in this episode, it would have made this episode interesting other than that meaningless episode with lots of wasted time.
                      I was only happy because I'm not gonna miss SGU, but the sad thing is that I'm gonna miss the franchise, what Earth will become, updates on SG-1 and SGA. :'(
                      I completely agree. Although I probably liked SGU a little more than you by the sounds of it, essentially a whole finale consisted of them getting in the statis pods and deciding who would take the last one. I have said earlier that if it did come back for Season 3, this finale would do nothing to boost the numbers for next season. It was back to the worst of most of Season 1 for mine, and the only sad part was the fact that it was the end of Stargate, not so much the end of SGU itself.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        ... essentially a whole finale consisted of them getting in the statis pods and deciding who would take the last one.
                        Yeah, and Romeo and Juliet is just a teenage romance.

Each episode is just 42 minutes, which means they have less than 42 minutes to try and tell a story, or progress an existing story. That they crammed in as much as they did and still made the episode feel like an exit (which it does) impresses me.

Comment

As promised, I will be fielding your questions on Gauntlet, the SGU series finale, as well as any SGU-related queries you may have. So, start posting.

Later this week, in addition to providing answers to those questions, I’ll also shed some light on the script for Gauntlet
                          , what we had in store for the show’s third season, and what the heck the SGA movie, Stargate: Extinction, was all about.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...c-book-series/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                            Except that that did not happen. They never said they were precisely eight short. They said (thanks Callie for the transcrtipt):

VOLKER: Well, as you know, we’ve been powering up all the stasis pod corridors and it’s been ... it’s been going pretty well up until now. But, uh ...
                            YOUNG: Well, what is it?
                            VOLKER: It’s the last section. It must have taken some damage, possibly even before we came on board the ship. We can’t bring those pods online, so we’re not gonna have enough for everyone.
                            BRODY: The damaged pods put us eight short of the total we need.
                            Later, Eli says...
                            WALLACE: We repaired the eight pods, but one of them was more damaged than we thought. It came online with the rest of them, but when we ran final checks, it just ... died. We might be one short.
                            They didn't say how many were damaged, just that some of them were damaged and they were, therefore, eight short.
                            Last edited by Lahela; 11 May 2011, 02:04 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

All things considered, it was a near perfect end. Thank you, Stargate Universe, for this great ride. You'll be greatly missed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Tears in my eyes :') Great (temporary, hopefully) finale to SGU and the Stargate Franchise as a whole. 1997-2011

Comment

Working...
                                X