Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my award winning thoughts to a server error!!

Then again, that's a good sign; lots of comments going on about this series ending.

Oh, well. I'll just say I'll miss Stargate: Universe. It made a believer out of me from mid-season 1, and been faithful since.

I suggest the PTB use the unused scripts (if any) to create a continuing novel series that completes season 3, and more. This was an exceptional season and a powerful last episode. The Stargate at the ending - priceless.

Fare thee well, Stargate Universe, and Stargate. We knew you well, and will remember you well.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I am 19 and Stargate has been an amazing show. I have been watching it my whole life (It Seems) and I have loved every minute of it. This Is one of the most thought out and intelligent Science Fiction shows I have ever seen. I will never forget the shows (SG-1, SGA, and SGU) nor the Characters.

Although I hate that I didn't get to see an SGA movie, and I wish I could have seen another SG-1 movie, And I would have loved more SGU... I do find this A Good ending to the series.

When I found out that Gauntlet was going to be the last episode, I was expecting a huge cliffhanger. But that isn't at all what SGU Provided.

I am satisfied with the last 17 Seasons of Stargate Shows, and I look forward to the day when Stargate will return. But, until that day comes, I will relive, again and again, the beautiful story that is STARGATE.

With a tear in my eye, I look at Stargate and I say...... Goodbye.

(For Now)

Comment

It was a good show. I didn’t care for the way Col. Young hung his head down and folded his arms in the stasis pod. It reminded me of a funeral pose suggesting a finality I’m not ready to accept. Destiny looks big enough that there could be additional stasis pods elsewhere onboard maybe in an unexplored section of the ship for Eli to discover. The unanswered questions IMO leaves a positive feeling of hope. I’ve grown to like many of the characters and will miss the.

Comment

I liked the mirroring of the opening shot of Air (which is a favourite of mine) with the powering down and Destiny flying off into the unknown.

Rush calling Eli "Mr. Wallace" was a nice little gesture of respect, too.

What a shame it had to end

Comment

This basically marks the death for the channel for , me. Are there some ok shows that I could watch on the network, if nothing else was on another channel, sure, and their will always be reruns. But I am also kind of thinking in principle of it, where those Rectonauts running SyFY have run the network aground, on Smackdown, and quantum kitchen. I say that they want to let Stargate, Die, fine. I say Let those cancerous rectonauts just go ahead and kill the whole organism, and let something newer and frankly better take its place.

Sorry I am just tired of it, why should we , any of us, support this crappy network, one more day? Whats left? a whole Slew of Asylum flicks, Leeching off the toejam of much better movies based on name alone? These are the people SyFy have CHOSEN to do busness with. They arent after imagining bigger, they are after the next Buck they can leech every red cent out of and move on to the next victim, just like a vampire, just like a cancer.

I say let them die. I am sure others will saym oh but what about sanctuary, and eureka, Oh well neither of them would have been here had stargate not blazed the way.

And please dont get on here and say that stargate had to die that some new series might live, whatever. .

It might be different If their were even a twinge on the Horizion, but their is NOTHING, about as nothing as the Senario on the show, demonstrates on the horizon.

Im done supporting that crappy network. But hey I have pretty much given up on television anyway, this is just the nail in the whole coffin.

Pretty good finale I guess they had some clue that they wouldnt be renewed, as this works out as a finale anyway.

Comment

Have to agree with the sentiment that it's not a bad ending to the series, given the cancellation. A lot can happen in three years. Perhaps in Season 3, Eli would have awoken them early, or maybe they would have awoken in the next galaxy; who knows? I think JM or someone might detail what was planned for the beyond, which would be interesting in one sense. In some ways, I am a bit saddened, but it in other ways, I felt the overall style and tone of the show wasn't what I really wanted in Stargate.

But that's leading into overall thoughts, and this is a review of the final episode of SGU.

I pretty much felt the stasis pods were going to be used in order to allow Destiny to skip the drones; I felt that scenario was fairly obvious. They were going to need to put the crew in storage for some reason.

And it is my man, Eli, who comes through. He's been one of the most likeable, well-rounded individuals in the whole series. Sane, smart, humorous, and useful. He may be the everyman, but he is also the most relatable on the entire ship, and it is his performance that I felt made everyone else look less than smart. It is a pity. Sure, I understand TPTB wanting to get a bit away from the "we're a happy family that all gets along and works for the good of us all" mindset of SG-1 and Atlantis, but I felt they got too far away. Or perhaps the concept just doesn't work in the Stargate Universe. I was disappointed that too few people showcased rational sense.

Too much crazy, and not enough sense.

And again, I find myself musing on the series as a whole, instead of the episode, heh. What can I say? There weren't any glaring errors or holes, and the music montage was short (and they haven't had one for a long while now) so I let that pass. I suppose the only thing, really, are the drones. Destiny has been through so many galaxies already, and must have seen battle after battle... so why is it suddenly these drones which can do so much damage?

But I'll let that go, too. This season finale, which also turned out to be the series finale, worked as a decent capper. SGU had it's good moments and bad, episodes that rank among my favorite and moments of stupidity that made me question it's value. At the very least, it was an interesting entry. It was the last series I had been following on TV, and that is at least saying something.

Cest le vie.

Comment

Contact Syfy and tell them that you are going to give them a billion dollars and then only hand over 50c and scream "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!?"

Comment

Gauntlet came off as an appropriate ending, though I think Epilogue was actually a better type of ending.

Clearly the writers knew that they had to work a final episode of the season that could also work as a "good bye".

The possibility of them being in stasis for thousands of years really does put the whole Stargate franchise in perspective - it might take many years before the Stargate concept springs forth another production. Likewise Telford's comment about grey hair.

It was also right that Eli would be the one left at the end. The story line depended upon his discovery so ultimately he is the most fitting cog wheel in the machine of the arc.

Comment

Great episode. Great show. Great franchise.

Thank you, cast and crew of Stargate SG1, Atlantis, and Universe for making 14 years and 17 seasons of one of the best scifi sagas of all time.

Comment

This was a very intense episode.

And it was planned well.

Comment

What an amazing way to end it all. I'm still reeling. I'm so proud of Eli.

http://www.robotplunger.com/2011/05/...ll-not-engage/

Comment

It was a very emotional goodbye for me to Stargate, and I must say Season 2 definitely stepped up after I almost quit SGU after Season 1, loyalty to the series is all that got me through E12-18 in season 1.

Was very touching, very well timed cliff hanger/sendoff, and all around both it and Epilogue would have both been find finale's, but I like this one better. It's more "Farewell for now" then goodbye for sure, and the crew's comments on "3 years, give or take, if we wake up at all" were very heartfelt and real world applicable to the entire franchise.

Comment

If the dome had been fixed and the plants had been replanted, Eli could have survived. He actually could have set up his own ship interface and controls if he had the time.

Comment

Not a bad episode at all.

I do hate the nagging question of whether he made it into the pod or not....but....such is life I guess. Although, that little smile on Eli's face at the end....was it a smile that said "I just figured it out" or something else?....Hrm....

R.I.P. Stargate

Comment

Hmm, my feeling is this:
                                1. The smile on Eli's face is palpable at the end.
                                2. He *is* the ancient descendant on the ship.
                                3. He doesn't need a pod because he can sit in the *chair*, and be absorbed/protected by destiny.

In three years he wakes up Rush and the others from their stasis, and they use the chair to get him back out of the Destiny, and thereby discover the truth about his heritage. Then again maybe not...

Otherwise, a fine end to a good show .

Comment

Working...
                                X