This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r81984 View Post
    Healthy for stargate? that makes no sense.
    It just hurts the franchise to kill of a series after they fired all stupid writers from the first season. It was just getting good.
    The franchise was starting to outgrow itself. A break can be a good thing.

I'm not saying it is healthy, only that it could be.
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Great ending, although I never felt the Eli connection (as representing me). Understandable that he would be the last person on Destiny.

I will miss Stargate. There is no other franchise like it. I feel like there will be a hole left in my viewing pleasures. Thanks for the great fun over the years, Cooper, Wright, and Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        We've known it was going to be a cliffhanger since December......
        I knew it was going to be a cliffhanger; I just can't believe that's the ending. To me it was more heart-wrenching then Incursion Pt 2 and Lost City.
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
          I knew it was going to be a cliffhanger; I just can't believe that's the ending. To me it was more heart-wrenching then Incursion Pt 2 and Lost City.
          I didn't really find either of them heart-wrenching. We knew the Asgard would help Jack or the info in Atlantis would, and I seriously doubted Kiva et al would kill out heroes.

'Gauntlet' was... wow. I need some time to process and write a full review. Wow.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Post #50. My timing is officially amazing.

Also, I find it amazing that there are 146 members currently browsing this thread...

Anyway, my short response (perhaps I'll do a longer one later):

I was one of those "middle-of-the-road" people throughout season one and the first three or four episodes of S2. Some episodes I loved, some I absolutely despised. When news of the cancellation broke, I was a bit disappointed, but not especially surprised.

Then came the final stretch. Starting from the mid season finale, suddenly SGU was good. And I mean, really, really good. Had me practically glued to the screen when it aired every night. Even made Mondays something to look forward to.

And now it's gone. Over, point of fact. Seems... impossible, doesn't it? But, if it had to go out on a cliffie, I'm glad it was this one. True, we had all of zero threads wrapped up, but this wasn't supposed to be a finale. That last shot of Destiny felt fitting.

Gauntlet, in a word, was amazing.

I only wish there were the hope of it coming back.

Comment

I am very sad to see it go. They should keep making it and just put them straight to dvd. I liked the hole it started with Eli so it'll end with him. Tears came to my eyes so sad I hate when they cancelle a show that I love. Now in honor of the END of stargate time for me to get my tattoo. Stay tuned for picts.

STARGATE FOREVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                3 years is just about when the sga movie will come out and we've got a way to gate them supplies
                SGA and SG1 moves were scrapped indefinitely. There will not be an SGA movie without a MAJOR turn around by MGM.

Comment

so if there was a season three would it be set immediately after Gauntlet or would it be three years later?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    so if there was a season three would it be set immediately after Gauntlet or would it be three years later?
                    Well, unless they show how Eli solves the whole... death thing for an episode, or spend an episode focusing on Sharon and Eli's mom and Scott's kid and *gag* Telford, I'd say they'd have started the next episode with everyone waking up.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      interesting question

Comment

All I am going to say is wow........I love the ending due to the way they left it wide open to be picked up again.......as we all keep hearing that probably isn't going to happen but the opening is there............My wife and I are beyond annoyed at the way they left Eli........I mean again it's open that he may or may not survive.....but Eli was our favorite character and not knowing if he survives or not is going to kill us......Granted if the show never comes back we technically do not know if anyone survives but that is besides the point!

But I do agree with what a lot of people say. I do like how the show has come full circle with the ship going into hibernation in a sense.

This being the probable last episode of Stargate as a series is very hard for my wife and I. In a sense it is part of the reason we got together in the first place. It was on the first night that we had met. We were sitting watching tv when she passed by Stargate SG1, she stopped right on it saying "OOO Stargate!"......I knew right then I was going to like her ;-)

Buit we have had Stargate in some way or form since we have been together......now there is no more....I'm not sure how much longer our marriage is going to last :-P

Comment

It is kind of messed up though that regardless of past events The Langara dudes are just ready to let these people die instead of let Earth give them supplies & send more people there. If it was Langara that discovered The Destiny & it was Langara people that had people stuck there then they would certainly ask Earth for help. Earth should just say **** Langara

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                            It is kind of messed up though that regardless of past events The Langara dudes are just ready to let these people die instead of let Earth give them supplies & send more people there. If it was Langara that discovered The Destiny & it was Langara people that had people stuck there then they would certainly ask Earth for help. Earth should just say **** Langara
                            the The Langara's have all the right in the world to protect their planet.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

you know we saved their asses twice. 1st time was from the attack by anubis in Homecoming and the second when they decided to test that dang naquadria bomb on one of the rival countries and it almost caused a chain reaction. yeah we may owe them due to the fact that we tried to dial destiny but in reality, Jonas quinn should've been the one to conduct the negotiations on the langaran side.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                                Post #50. My timing is officially amazing.

Also, I find it amazing that there are 146 members currently browsing this thread...

Anyway, my short response (perhaps I'll do a longer one later):

I was one of those "middle-of-the-road" people throughout season one and the first three or four episodes of S2. Some episodes I loved, some I absolutely despised. When news of the cancellation broke, I was a bit disappointed, but not especially surprised.

Then came the final stretch. Starting from the mid season finale, suddenly SGU was good. And I mean, really, really good. Had me practically glued to the screen when it aired every night. Even made Mondays something to look forward to.

And now it's gone. Over, point of fact. Seems... impossible, doesn't it? But, if it had to go out on a cliffie, I'm glad it was this one. True, we had all of zero threads wrapped up, but this wasn't supposed to be a finale. That last shot of Destiny felt fitting.

Gauntlet, in a word, was amazing.

I only wish there were the hope of it coming back.
                                I was the same way not really into the "new" stargate. I was mad that they cancelled both sg-1 and Atlantis. But after watching this last season it really grew on me.

If you look at it though the story could work perfect. If some cast can't return then "oops". Their particular pod malfunctioned. Also if they look obviously older then destiny realized that it was losing too much power and instead of completely shutting down the pods instead slowly dropped the level of suspension to allow them to age increasing energy life and keeping them sustained and alive.

Would work for a returning seires or movie. You know that within three years they would have negotiated something to be able to use Langara to dial destiny so thus they could bring new members on board. McKay or Carter Maybe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X