• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They ended it too early
    sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Indeed, it was never the sort of show where you could just drop in, it needed the first season to get its stride, it also didnt need the stupid mid-season break thing then do in the USA, season 2 really started to shine, few weak episodes but over all probably my most missed series...

Comment

Season 3 would have been so awesome, I'm sure. Too bad it never happened

Comment

I don't know why but I never posted here during the Rewatch. Maybe it would have felt final if I wrote out my thoughts? Who knows.

For a final it was pretty average. There was some minor fights with the drones but that was nothing new. Although changing the shield and the kamikaze runs was something different. Using the shuttle to blow up the command ship was a nice f you moment.

Rush: You've come a long way from that videogame slacker I met over a year ago.

Eli: Thanks, you've been pretty consistent.

LOL

And then we come to the best/worst part of the ep. Everyone is in stasis but Eli. The ship is slowly shutting down section by section. A symbol that Stargate as a whole has come to end the music gets me every time :'(

We see a smile cross Eli's face as he realises what an amazing journey he has been on. I think? And we see the Destiny fly off into the sunset...........stars.

I'm very late to the going away party. But I had a great journey watching the shows again with you all. And that my fellow Gaters is the final ever episode of Stargate. :'(

The trip will take 3 years. So I expect a movie to be announced in 2014!
          sigpic

Comment

2015, Eli will have done something to fix the last pod that created an issue with power and the ship will have had to have slow down a bit to make the jump between galaxies.
            This will also create questions at SGC about why they haven't been back in touch, an agreement with the Kelownans (sp) will be sorted out and with the help of the guys at Atlantis a semi-stable wormhole will be established and we'll finally get an SG1/SGA/SGU cross over movie where everything that was previously unexplained or left unanswered will be answered and then we'll get a 3rd season

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
              2015, Eli will have done something to fix the last pod that created an issue with power and the ship will have had to have slow down a bit to make the jump between galaxies.
              This will also create questions at SGC about why they haven't been back in touch, an agreement with the Kelownans (sp) will be sorted out and with the help of the guys at Atlantis a semi-stable wormhole will be established and we'll finally get an SG1/SGA/SGU cross over movie where everything that was previously unexplained or left unanswered will be answered and then we'll get a 3rd season
              In our dreams, an alternate reality or we're in some hallucination and season 3 going on season 4 along with a movie is happening while we're stuck in the illusion of life without any more SGU!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                WE can hope!

Comment

There is always hope..

Comment

Niice!! SG1 SGA SGU crossover is something i always dreamed of. Maybe not always..5 years ago i didn't even know about the series...poor me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Its all over, time to sleep. Really enjoyed this series, by far the best of the stargates for me.

Comment

That it was.. That it was. It really makes us wonder how much better it could have gotten had they NOT cancelled it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          That it was.. That it was. It really makes us wonder how much better it could have gotten had they NOT cancelled it.
                          Oh yes, it was just getting into its stride, the last 3 episodes were great examples of the potential this show had for some great storylines. What mysteries Destiny still had to reveal....... *sigh*

Comment

Well finally watched the last episode last night from the rewatch that was started sometime last year, or was it the year before, its been so long and I put it off knowing it was the last one...

Well, thats it, its the back end of 2013, we've heard nothing to the contrary, cast have all moved on to other things, a few of which I watch (Once upon a Time, Supernatural, plus The Blacklist with the original Daniel Jackson in), other than Emmerich doing his every other year "I'm planning a movie" speech we've heard nothing on the SG front...

Comment

And with the fact that MGM sold off all the sets, the likely hood of our favorite show coming back are less than a snowball in hell..

Comment

Thats as close to zero as you can get then, given I dont believe in hell lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X