No announcement yet.

problem in the epsiode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my friend is a catholic, and in her 40s. seriously, i think she'd make those Earth Creationists brains hurt with half the rubbish she comes out with
    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
      my friend is a catholic, and in her 40s. seriously, i think she'd make those Earth Creationists brains hurt with half the rubbish she comes out with
      O_o I'm Catholic...what rubbish are you referring to? (gets k'woosh ready).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        O_o I'm Catholic...what rubbish are you referring to? (gets k'woosh ready).
        the rubbish she comes out with is stuff she pretends is acceptable - as long as you're one of the faithful.

i've followed catholicism in my past, even though i'm not into it now. trust me, this woman has - at best - dubious ideas about it

i don't tar all with the same brush though, because i know she's an extreme case
        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
          the rubbish she comes out with is stuff she pretends is acceptable - as long as you're one of the faithful.

i've followed catholicism in my past, even though i'm not into it now. trust me, this woman has - at best - dubious ideas about it

i don't tar all with the same brush though, because i know she's an extreme case
          I'm intriqued...what specific rubbish?
          sigpic

Comment

*curses - just typed a big reply but stupid browser did stupid things*

Am I not correct in thinking that genetic research has shown that the entirety of the human population is descendant of a very small core group out of Africa?

Anyway, if we look at the kids born to the first generation of settlers that we saw (Chloe/Scott - 2; TJ/Young - 2; James/Varro - 3; Barnes/Eli - 1 (or more); Park/Greer - 7) and consider that there could have been another 30ish couples breeding, it's well within the realms of believability that they avoided problems of interbreeding.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              *curses - just typed a big reply but stupid browser did stupid things*

Am I not correct in thinking that genetic research has shown that the entirety of the human population is descendant of a very small core group out of Africa?

Anyway, if we look at the kids born to the first generation of settlers that we saw (Chloe/Scott - 2; TJ/Young - 2; James/Varro - 3; Barnes/Eli - 1 (or more); Park/Greer - 7) and consider that there could have been another 30ish couples breeding, it's well within the realms of believability that they avoided problems of interbreeding.
              I saw either earlier in this thread or another similar thread that there were 80 crew members...which would mean 40 couples producing off-spring.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                I saw either earlier in this thread or another similar thread that there were 80 crew members...which would mean 40 couples producing off-spring.
                That would be the genetic diversity thread, wich pretty much dealt with this subject.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  That would be the genetic diversity thread, wich pretty much dealt with this subject.
                  TY...I knew I saw it somewhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor View Post
                    I didnt see any genetic disfigurements or disablitities so im thinking that they decided not to think that one through enough.... its disgusting but other than that it was a pretty good episode...lol i couldnt get the thought of the incest out of my head watching it
                    Might be that only the "normal" looking ones get out in the sunlight, while the others were driven underground to mine and such. Didn't someone mention "Morlocks" in this episode?

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                      We came from somewhere.

Besides, when you reproduce for survival and not recreation, each family probably had close to two digits worth of kids.

Also, marrying and having kids with 2nd or 3rd cousins is completely acceptable when it comes to genetics. Getting with a 1st cousin is pushing it a little, but still isn't unheard of.

I think I remember one of them saying they had 9 kids and 15 grandchildren. That's not abnormal when you reproduce for survival.
                      Actually that's not even unusual (well 4 or 5 kids anyway) when the husband works and provides for his family. Our current society force the women to work to pay the husbands taxes and the end result is far fewer children.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                        I think it was a bit unfortunate they didn't implement some mass breeding policy. From a communitarian perspective there is no good excuse for first generation fertile females like Wray not reproducing. She should really have taken one for the team.

Again from a communitarian perspective it's very unsetteling to see such discrepancies in reproduction rates, I mean who did the offspring of Greer and Park end up having sex with exactly??
                        Wray is at least 40 to 45 and has been suffering from malnutrition for the past year. It is likely she isn't fertile.

Comment

remember their has to be a large enough population to prevent incest and genetic degradation ussually close to 500 for that many generations and last time i checked they're wasnt even close to that on destiny alone so yes everyone of those people on novus could actually call each other cousin
                          It would be hundreds of years before the offspring would need to marry those of ANY blood relation. If there is any sort of peer pressure at all they won't even need to marry 3rd or 4th cousins. You should probably read a little more and post a lot less.

Comment

the reason wray idnt get pregnant was because she'a lesbian their aint much point in talking about her getting pregnant she didnt want to
                            sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                              It would be hundreds of years before the offspring would need to marry those of ANY blood relation. If there is any sort of peer pressure at all they won't even need to marry 3rd or 4th cousins. You should probably read a little more and post a lot less.
                              I agree...
                              sigpic

Comment

the reason wray idnt get pregnant was because she'a lesbian their aint much point in talking about her getting pregnant she didnt want to
                                I think we've already established that being a lesbian neither stops you from getting pregnant, nor stops you wanting to.

Comment

Working...
                                X