No announcement yet.

Whats your take on TJ, Varro, and Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shes gonna die anyway, so she'll probably wanna get her wild on with some Lucian Alliance dude. plus he saved her life. Young is indeed in trouble, too bad that we will never see that tension.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      im glad she didnt fall for that thug. im sure hes a decent guy, but LA dont have snakes inside them controlling them and they arent infected by a bug; they are people who chose to murder and kill for money and power.
      thug?

the LA took advantage of a power vacuum, and while they obviously have a way of doing things, it's also obvious that they don't all kill just everyone. that woman who led them at first was relatively peaceful, killing only if she was given a reason to. ginn was taken to be a scientist, but being completely honest: it's probably a lot better a life than she would have had if she didn't go with the LA.

varro is clearly capable and competent, but he knows how to work with others too. unlike the guy who killed mandy/ginn, varro is prepared to co-operate with earth. he's also willing to put his, and the lives of his own team, on the line for TJ - though how much of that is personal and how much is for the greater good is unclear.

i'm not a fan of varro, but i respect and appreciate how the character has been portrayed, since he could so easily have been used to enforce the whole idea of the LA being the modern goa'uld. they're not - the goa'uld seemed to kill as often for the pleasure as they did to take care of threats - and regularly as a punishment. the LA, as an organisation, are protecting themselves - the failed bounty hunters seemed to survive a long time, despite their clear ineptitude. sure, they chucked a bomb at the pentagon - but there's good reason for them to consider earth a threat, since we've bombed a few of their cosa shipments, and generally made a nuisance of ourselves. to me this would suggest an organisation that can be cruel, yes, but not needlessly cruel. some members have a greater tendency toward violence, but they still held back from killing for the sake of killing.

take a look at any government, army, or indeed any organisation in the world with power. there's plenty of people in them for power, to abuse any position they get - but the organisation as a whole isn't usually accused of being thugs.
      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
        the LA took advantage of a power vacuum, and while they obviously have a way of doing things, it's also obvious that they don't all kill just everyone. that woman who led them at first was relatively peaceful, killing only if she was given a reason to. ginn was taken to be a scientist, but being completely honest: it's probably a lot better a life than she would have had if she didn't go with the LA.
        I have to completely disagree with you on the notion that Kiva was "relatively peaceful, killing only if she was given a reason". There was no reason to kill her own scientist just because he didn't know some of the answers she wanted, yet she had him killed. She cold-bloodedly shot and killed Cpl. Rivers on Destiny just because she could. She was completely willing and prepared to kill TJ (a pregnant woman) just because she could. There was nothing whatsoever peaceful about her. She would willingly have killed everyone on board Destiny just so she could get control of it. That kind of behavior doesn't seem peaceful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I have to completely disagree with you on the notion that Kiva was "relatively peaceful, killing only if she was given a reason". There was no reason to kill her own scientist just because he didn't know some of the answers she wanted, yet she had him killed. She cold-bloodedly shot and killed Cpl. Rivers on Destiny just because she could. She was completely willing and prepared to kill TJ (a pregnant woman) just because she could. There was nothing whatsoever peaceful about her. She would willingly have killed everyone on board Destiny just so she could get control of it. That kind of behavior doesn't seem peaceful to me.
          however, these are all people in the way of her goals - and who are obstructing her to some extent. even her own scientist was slowing things down and making mistakes - he was used as an example for others.

she didn't kill just for the sake of killing. peaceful may be the wrong term for her, but she certainly wasn't butchering people for no reason other than because she could. in fact iirc she offered to let the crew live if they handed over destiny without a fight.

as a soldier, she needed to get results as fast as possible - but she was prepared to talk if it was a viable option, and gave her a better chance of success. it just didn't happen as easily for her as it did for varro.
          Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Both men are ultimately pretty good guys. So personally, I have a hard time deciding which one should end up with TJ.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Both men are ultimately pretty good guys. So personally, I have a hard time deciding which one should end up with TJ.
              No, no hard time at all. Young! Okay, that's the little shipper in me talking. I'd imagine TJ has other things to worry about now, than which guy to pick.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                however, these are all people in the way of her goals - and who are obstructing her to some extent. even her own scientist was slowing things down and making mistakes - he was used as an example for others.
                Still not an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                X