Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did 'Epilogue' prove that SGU doesn't need Rush to produce great episodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It proved to me that Rush is nothing more than dead weight and is not needed.

"It must burn you that we went on without you and survived." To paraphrase the quote.

However, I still don't believe he should be just tossed out to the wolves.

His biggest mistake was in the claim in the first season that he was the leader of the mission. That alone is what led to a lot of mistrust among the people.

But, I don't blame him for his attitudes towards people. The only friend in the world he has is Chloe. Everybody else treats him like crap.

Comment

Well Eli never went out of his way to cause Rush problems, Eli just let the man act how he usually does and Eli found him to be not worth very much time.

I think Eli is kind of torn between 2 father figures, Young, for obvious reasons, and Rush, despite the mans shortcomings on manners and the like, took Eli away on something he had dreamed off for god knows how long, is the only one who is at least on the same level as Eli intellectually, Rush has encouraged Eli, even turned to him for help even though Rush probably died a little inside when he did. Rush is also the highest ranking science guy there, and Eli's vocation takes him more toward science than military so i think thats why Eli still regards Rush with some respect and admiration.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
        I think it was Rush's preference if you recall his conversation back to 'Light':
        Rush: Colonel Young, If by chance you were thinking of choosing me as one of the two, please don't.
        Young: Why?
        Rush: This ship, coming here, was my destiny, my life's work was to be here, not trying to survive on some rock with a bunch of strangers. In fact, you can take my name off the lottery all together.
        Great call back... Makes me wonder if he had the chance, would he have gone down to that planet during the evac?

His biggest mistake was in the claim in the first season that he was the leader of the mission. That alone is what led to a lot of mistrust among the people.
        Being he DID meet oneill in the expanded Air Pt 1-3, but we didn't see ANYTHING said between the 2 about him being in charge to contradict what he told the crew, how was it a 'claim'?
        For all we know, Jack DID make him in charge..

But i do admit, it did show the crew could do well without him. BUT that was planet-side.

Comment

He's no RDA though
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
            It proved to me that Rush is nothing more than dead weight and is not needed.
            Especially if the crew doesn't feel like breathing air or anything.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Especially if the crew doesn't feel like breathing air or anything.
              Quoted for brilliance.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Too true. Most seemed more interested in the data, than breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Too true. Most seemed more interested in the data, than breathing.
                  Agreed, someone had to actually go and find what the crew needed desperately to survive in the time to come. Rush did the logical and grown up thing, the rest where too busy scurrying over their diaries! Like hey Chloe can you help us get some supplies? Oh no its ok Matt, look I found my Diary!
                  sigpic
                  LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                    He's no RDA though
                    your point? RDA stopped caring about SG-1 around season 6
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                    X