Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2e18 Epilogue is my personal "official" SGU finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    Rush was probably a popular Name on Novus. I find it hollarious.
    It was? I thought the two young kids looked away when Rush walked by because they thought he was a demon or evil spirit...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
      Hey Ma, i'm posting in another "lets bash SGU coz it doesnt meet our personal approval so we must spread the word of our irked'ness because we have no other way to throw toys out of our pram "

Sincerely,

N.C
      the episode was okay but its not the great episode people claim it to be. It was more of a "stating the obvious" kinda episode; "lets drag this thing a little more", "lets make something that has no bearing on whatever we come up next" kinda episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        It was? I thought the two young kids looked away when Rush walked by because they thought he was a demon or evil spirit...
        Yes, but he has his own followers who view him has their Savior.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          Yes, but he has his own followers who view him has their Savior.
          Guess I missed that part or subconsciously blocked it out.
          sigpic

Comment

This episode was exactly what SGU needed, i was planning not to buy SGU's bluray (not matter how much i has enjoyed the show) but it changed it all.

I'll just swap things around and imagine this is the way Destiny's crew finished. (About the other one (our crew), i'll still watch the last two episodes but i'll consider them the same as moebius's SG1 who stayed in the past, their story is told and they did nothing important afterward).

To me, it felt that the Young/Rush = Getting home VS Solving the mystery was resolved in a very nice way. In the end, Camille who was in the middle "won" and the mystery isn't that important, the journey was.

As for the few other hanging threads SGU has running (the alien with TJ's baby, the blue aliens...), they can join the Re'tu and Daniel's granddad aliens in the instesting but will never be seen again aliens files.

In the end, the only two unresolved things that still bothers me about the stargate franchise will be the fate of Pegasus' Asgard and Todd's fate, but i'm sure Joe will tell us what he has planned for them once SGU is done.

For new no matter how the "true" finale is, Stargate ended for me with a bang, with the people of Earth (via Novus) starting to colonize other planets, and truly becoming heirs to the Ancients.

Comment

LOST and BSG showed us how important the journey over ending really was. and the fan reaction was extremely positive. I cant wait to watch 3 more seasons of a journey to no where.
              sigpic

Comment

I king a agree/desagree with that. Agreed for BSG, except for the stupid "let's leave all tech behind" which made the journey seem a bit less important, but for lost, i can't, i still feel cheated 11 month after the finale and have sworn never to go near anything Abrams again^^

But i have given my opinion in the lost topic already and don't want to derail the topic.

SGU was really the next logical step in the stargate universe. Once you've incapacited/destroyed every enemy that could threaten the universe and earth has the most powerfull tech in the galaxy, i think it's logical you have to make the show a bit more about the characters.
                And to quote another scifi show, SGU did that better than voyager ever did in star trek. Voyager had its moment, but was always magically repaired after every episode. I really hate those people calling it a franchise sabotage, since it's obvious to me TPTB put a lot of work into the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                  LOST and BSG showed us how important the journey over ending really was. and the fan reaction was extremely positive. I cant wait to watch 3 more seasons of a journey to no where.
                  Are you kidding? Lost was a journey to nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                    Are you kidding? Lost was a journey to nowhere.
                    ...oh please gods of sarcasm... please enlighten them.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't want to go that road again on a SGU topic, but i'll explain quickly why i agree with him.
                      Lost season 1-5 set up a fantastic island mitology. Season 6 dumped that and was much more about the parallel world mystery. This parallel world turned out to be the afterlife, in which the island is under water for the sole purpose of tricking the viewer in episode 1, in which Desmond can get in and out with electromagnetism, in which people can be born and die (how does this make sense).
                      The final episode resolved mostly on that, they did a beautifull reunion of all the cast into the afterlife, it was fantastic, and it worked for the producer, since most people forgot about all the Season1-5 plot that were slowly dumped in season 6.

Now, i'd be happy to discuss this further, but if we do, let's head to the lost topic^^ .

Comment

Originally posted by Python View Post
                        Oh yeah. I'll be watching the last two, but this was definitely the final episode.

It was bad. It was dumb. But it also had a message in it that life was bad and that life was dumb. You pull through and make something regardless. It could have been worse, I suppose. It really depressed me.

The way Eli was talking about being able to detect a ship, large powerful ship, traveling between star systems, as an impossibility for Destiny. What? They have access to the bridge and discovered a computer that can affect the crew's minds directly, upload their minds, and scan the entire universe for the possibility of an intelligence at its beginning... and it can't detect a stupid ship a few light years away?

Show's over.

Thank you for reminding me of that!

I'd personally like to think of "Time" as the last episode.
                        Big powerful ships with very little EM being given off? Not broadcasting any signals for all we know....
                        If they were easy to detect, GOOD BYE NOVUNS via'la drones....

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                          ...oh please gods of sarcasm... please enlighten them.
                          Well, first off, there's the matter that they could have tacked that ending onto pretty much anywhere in the series' run, it wasn't exactly built off of anything that actually happened in six seasons. It either felt like A. The writers got to the end, couldn't decide a good way to end it, so they went generic or B. They decided to make this ending years ago and just wrote whatever the heck they felt like until then.

Comment

To me, it felt that the Young/Rush = Getting home VS Solving the mystery was resolved in a very nice way. In the end, Camille who was in the middle "won" and the mystery isn't that important, the journey was.
                            IT was interesting that she, who has seemed to be always between them 2, was the last survivor..

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Oh...heck no! Well, I was gonna use another "H" word...but ya know. Anyway...just no!
                              Glad you liked my fanfic! :-) Greatest ending ever.
                              Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                              Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                              Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                              Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                                Well, first off, there's the matter that they could have tacked that ending onto pretty much anywhere in the series' run, it wasn't exactly built off of anything that actually happened in six seasons. It either felt like A. The writers got to the end, couldn't decide a good way to end it, so they went generic or B. They decided to make this ending years ago and just wrote whatever the heck they felt like until then.
                                you just described SGU in a nutshell. That was my point. While LOST and BSG had well disguised their intentions for how the story progresses to the end; SGU bears its flaws naked in the open without a care in the world. At least LOST and BSG had all the events in it connected or linked to each other as one would expect from a serialised show which in return would make the ending a culmination of all that happened before, but SGU is not really trying to let the viewer in on whats going on. No plotline is linked; the blueberry aliens or the planet builders for example had their roles diminished quickly without a conclusion that explained their motivations or how they were related to the "mission". And then in Epilogue, a classic SGU episode that barely added anything new to the storyline or any consequences, had Wray talk about "its the journey not the ending speech". Life's a journey kinda phrase, not a good phrase to be put in a movie or a story because you have to 'show not tell'. No one wants to see a character to superficially say that about themselves; its so cheesy it doesnt even register. "happily ever after" comes to mind. Basically the moral of the story or message in my opinion shouldn't be blurted out by a character but conveyed through images or events. But of course all they did was show characters hooking up out of boredom ending the mystery of how 100 people became millions in 2000 years lol I would have never guessed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X