Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2e18 Epilogue is my personal "official" SGU finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    I can see why you and others may feel this way.
    Had "Epilogue" been the franchise finale, I would have been alright with it. I'll be watching the other two, but it all could have stopped with that last scene and I would have been alright with that. Put "Unending" and "Enemy at the Gate" to shame.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by coolhwip View Post
      I either lurk or hardly post..but...I felt like I had to post after watching epilogue - this is what I choose as my finale for the show.

Not watching the last 2 episodes, not anytime soon anyway.

(...)

I don't know if anyone feels this way, but I just thought I'ed share.

Its been a great ride while it lasted.
      It was! And I know how you feel.

Myself, I'm going to watch the last 2 episodes, but due to RL stuff a bit later and for the next 2-3 weeks I'll be able to pretend that Epilogue was SGU/franchise's end and, well, epilogue. It's so good and has such fantastic 'closure feel' that I can't begrudge you nor anyone else the desire to end your affair with Stargate here, on such a high note.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Had "Epilogue" been the franchise finale, I would have been alright with it. I'll be watching the other two, but it all could have stopped with that last scene and I would have been alright with that. Put "Unending" and "Enemy at the Gate" to shame.
      Exactly!
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

guys, epilogue wasnt really an ending at all. it was history being told. A proper ending would involve destiny and something about the ancients. 2 episodes back and novus meant nothing to us.
        sigpic

Comment

I think everybody thought the same thing at the end of Epilogue.

A great open ending with some closure. It would have been a perfect ending for a series which didn't know it was canceled before writing the finals episodes this season. Still I'm glad to have other episodes as "bonus". It will probably show a glimpse of where SGU could have gone storywise in season 3. I will like it if they introduce something that look like a game changer showing us the possibility of SGU. For example, them getting face to face with another Destiny-like vessels (or planet) inhabited by other people (ancients? aliens? humans? Furlings ) or stuff like that.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I do think Epilogue would've served great as a final episode, if it was decided the crew of the Destiny were never able to get back to Earth...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              I can see that...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                Being a great fan, how can you not watch the last two episodes of this great series/franchise?
                I never said that I wouldn't watch them at all, I had said that I wouldn't watch them anytime soon. Its just annoying as a sci-fi fan the amount of shows that end prematurely on us. And there were shows that were only a few season long. This on the other hand is an entire franchise that is almost a decade and a half! I'ed probably get really cranky and I really really hate the feeling of getting left hanging, by anything/anyone. But that is just me. And its gonnabe a cliffhangar ending so..

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                makes no sense to me. they gave closure to alternate reality characters. its like flashforward.
                I don't know if there were alternate reality characters; my understanding is that weren't they the "original" that were when they tried to dial earth? The ship copy that destiny picked up was the Novus "original?" destiny wasn't it not? And this "original" rush that went back in time (he's from the future, so makes him the predecessor which is the 'original' to me) with a shuttle and prevented the future ones (current?) from dialing etc. So in some ways, isn't the current destiny the alternate reality one? That is how I choose to see it anyway.

Comment

Well, if you want to think of it that way, neither is the original. The originals died in Time.

Comment

makes no sense to me. they gave closure to alternate reality characters. its like flashforward.
                    Lost practically did the same thing. Personally I thought it was an unmitigated disaster, but some liked it apparently.

Comment

guys, epilogue wasnt really an ending at all. it was history being told. A proper ending would involve destiny and something about the ancients. 2 episodes back and novus meant nothing to us.
                      Just like wormhole drive said nothing to us before "Enemy at the Gate". It wasn't mentioned before, was it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alien encounter View Post
                        its kind of sentimental thing. as he said its been with him since he was a kid, may be not watching the last episodes gives him comfort that, it is still there. continuing .....
                        Well is NOT.

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Yeah, had nothing to do with OUR Destin crew, but i have to say that if the real Destiny crew had to end like that in a series finale it would be awesome...

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Just like wormhole drive said nothing to us before "Enemy at the Gate". It wasn't mentioned before, was it?
                            This really isn't the same thing at all, because they're two different things.
                            Wormhole Drive was just a sudden plot device, whereas this alternate timeline thing is the plot itself, which is the result of events from a previous episode even.

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                              Yeah, had nothing to do with OUR Destin crew, but i have to say that if the real Destiny crew had to end like that in a series finale it would be awesome...
                              the writers dont have the guts to do that. they always resort to alternate reality whenever they want drastic change to characters without affecting the story; season 2 has become much more SG-1ish its ridiculous.
                              sigpic

Comment

the writers dont have the guts to do that. they always resort to alternate reality whenever they want drastic change to characters without affecting the story; season 2 has become much more SG-1ish its ridiculous.
                                Well, season 2 wasn't supposed to be the end of the series, so they couldn't have done that and keep the show going.

Comment

Working...
                                X