Would you want to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    I think I would yes. Better to know so you can live the rest of your life to the fullest possible, rather than potentially piss it away.
    Or do both, depending on the prognosis
    sigpic

Comment

as much as my human curiosity will want me to find out about my own future i would rather not know.

Comment

I'd like to know.
        sigpic

Comment

So, seriously... no cure for ALS? I would imagine with all of the information in the Asgard Core we would have been able to cure most diseases at this point. I would think with all of their cloning issues and such that the Asgard would have had perhaps an even greater knowledge of genetics and medicine of all kinds than even the Ancients. And even despite the difference in human and Asgard physiology, not that there's likely a great difference since they were once very much like us, they mentioned on several occasions how they had a great knowledge of human biology. I would imagine that even some of Loki's knowledge made it into the Core. My point is that (probably) Asgard Core + Stones = cure.

Comment

Why would anyone want to know? Unless the answer is 'grow old and die in the arms of your soul mate', then you won't like the answer. Given the dangerous position these people are in, it is most likely that they won't grow old gracefully.

Finding out that you die due to some illness/infection at an early age is certainly not going to help you to live your life to the fullest is it. You will be simply counting down the days til you die. Now wouldn't that be nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
              So, seriously... no cure for ALS? I would imagine with all of the information in the Asgard Core we would have been able to cure most diseases at this point. I would think with all of their cloning issues and such that the Asgard would have had perhaps an even greater knowledge of genetics and medicine of all kinds than even the Ancients. And even despite the difference in human and Asgard physiology, not that there's likely a great difference since they were once very much like us, they mentioned on several occasions how they had a great knowledge of human biology. I would imagine that even some of Loki's knowledge made it into the Core. My point is that (probably) Asgard Core + Stones = cure.
              How do you know the Asgard even had ALS? let alone they called it the same thing. its the same reason we are having such hassle using the Ancient database to find info out on ZPMs...

Comment

Wray got to find out that there was going to be a lot of places for her to go dancing if she would choose to do so...

Spoiler:
                As in, "dancing on your grave"

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

I'd definitely want to know. I could write as much knowledge down as possible that could be useful to my functions on the ship, hook up with James and make some babies, and also throw myself into stasis to stop the progression until a cure could be found. I'd come out of stasis to keep tabs on how my many children are progressing at some sort of regular interval as well.
                  Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                  Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                  Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                  Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                    Wray got to find out that there was going to be a lot of places for her to go dancing if she would choose to do so...

Spoiler:
                    As in, "dancing on your grave"

regards,
                    G.
                    Least its not dancing on the ceiling!

Comment

Working...
                    X