Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    When i was 14 years old, i fell out of a monster of a tree, around 60 odd foot.

Hi, how are you?

Awesome episode though, just awesome, if you dont like it, then i think youve gone the dark side of Stargate.

But seriously, at least they survived the initial rumblings, built their own Ark's and flew off into the unknown, in a way, emulating their Ancestors

Gotta love Poetic Justice

N.C
    Never realized that until now...
    sigpic

Comment

not the best episode mainly because i dont care about a bunch of dead people from an alternate reality. maybe i wouldve cared had the show not been canceled. the visuals were great and lots of funny stuff. the best thing about this story arc is that i have no idea how it will end or what to expect.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
        not the best episode mainly because i dont care about a bunch of dead people from an alternate reality. maybe i wouldve cared had the show not been canceled. the visuals were great and lots of funny stuff. the best thing about this story arc is that i have no idea how it will end or what to expect.
        Already been established...there is no alternate reality...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          but they are from an alternate reality.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            An alternate time-line is an alternate reality you know...

Just because the "real" Destiny crew has never been to "Alt Destiny's" time-line, doesn't mean it's non existent. The fact that we are routinely showed the lives of Alt Destiny would seem to indicate that there is an alternate time-line, and by extension, an alternate reality worth showing.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              You're free to not like it, but your opinion can be heard just as much in the general episode discussion instead of opening your own thread... Ho hum.
              This reeks of the "If you don't like it, go somewhere else!" mentality. I found the episode decent, but I find nothing wrong with people starting a thread to find out purely if people liked it or not. Try not to be quite so defensive when someone doesn't like something you do.

Comment

Mhmm.. I don't know.. I liked it. I liked certain parts a lot ( elevator music ftw ) although there is something about it that I liked a bit less.. I just can't figure it out.

I think it might simply be the knowledge that they filmed it at some colonial outdoors museam thing, which tampered it's feeling of realism that I've had so far ( with stuff like planets, which feel completely alien ).. the flashbacks where their buildings weren't so neat and sofisticated yet ( like the huts of treeleaves ) felt more real.

What put a bit of a damper on my enthousiasm was the very last shot of the advanced city. If it had looked like the shots of the city at the end of 'common descent' it would have been awesome. However the modellers chose to put those little patches of grass between the buildings that made the city look like little boxes instead of real.

I dunno.. some minor nitpicking I guess. I really did like epilogue, but I liked common descent more. The flashbacks were handeled a bit better there, a bit cooler and more authentic. I liked epilogue though, no regret watching.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                  I thought it was okay. The only person that was actually logical throughout the episode IMO was Rush, which annoyed me to every extent. Eli and the others were too busy seeing the historical documents, which if compressed immediately would have been transferred before the loss of power, instead of finding SUPPLIES TO SURVIVE.
                  They had teams doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    They had teams doing that.

While Rush's pragmatism was typical of him (and I commend him for it), all of them have their own interests and desires for knowledge and understanding so it's not so far fetched that some of them would place more importance in learning what happened yesterday than fretting about tomorrow. It's just human nature.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't hate it, nor did I love it. I did enjoy the episode and felt it was one that was an improvement in the writing.

It's funny how the writing seems to improve when there's a cancellation.

Comment

It might be a case of "trying too hard," remember this show was getting bashed left right and centre before the pilot had even aired.

They should have just ignored them from the start and tell the story, THEIR story, the way they wanted to.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                          A coworker's husband was an ironworker who fell 50 feet when his harness broke while welding. He survived and, although he broke his neck, he's quite able to walk around and function fairly normally. It's definitely possible.
                          We had a guy break both his collar bone and shoulder blade from falling from his 2nd story window in the barracks INTO dirt. So i don't think that is much relevance.

I didn't like it either. Maybe because it focuses way too much on boring couples like Young/TJ and Scott/Chloe.
                          While i too felt it dawdled a little too much on the kino footage of the decendants first few decades. IT was interesting seeing how they progressed.

which if compressed immediately would have been transferred before the loss of power, instead of finding SUPPLIES TO SURVIVE.
                          Eli had already compressed them.

And about the data on the ships, they know when they left, they know the top speed of the ships, and they knew the course, Eli "mathboy" CAN figure out where they are plus minus half a lightyear. Sensors can take over after that. Just saying "welp, we didn't get the data, you're boned" is stupid. Showing the math and science to work out problems is what I like to see, its ingenious solutions and "real world" applications of the math you learn in school saving the day.
                          That is true, they could try and track down where those ships are at.

While Rush's pragmatism was typical of him (and I commend him for it), all of them have their own interests and desires for knowledge and understanding so it's not so far fetched that some of them would place more importance in learning what happened yesterday than fretting about tomorrow. It's just human nature.
                          True. There was imo a lot of important things they could have learned, but without clean air to breath for the foreseable future, how would they have survived 10 more days, let alone longer to make use of it??

Comment

ithinkitsmagic,

Originally posted by ithinkitsmagic View Post
                            It seems a lot people on here really like Epilogue. Am I the only one who didn't like it? I found it sappy and played out. Take me somewhere new. I know, they took me to the edge of the universe, how new do I need? I want story lines completely foreign to the franchise. Not the same old situations with new people and context. I mean, cheese and rice, did we not see this kind of theme in SGU Time, SG1 Unending and SGA The Last Man.

Maybe it had potential, but they dik*ed around with episodes like Cloverdale and The Hunt and lost the opportunity to play it out properly.
                            Yes, you are the only one. I really enjoyed this episode.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

It was schmaltz, but it was good schmaltz.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X