Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    The Last Man was one of my favorite SGA eps. This episode felt like that but obviously more character driven. T.J.'s story was very similar to Keller's. Except T.J. is still going to get sick. So very powerful stuff.

I think "The Last Man" blows away "Unending" for many different reasons, this episode is right up there with "The Last Man" for me, so good job with this episode to the producers.
    I liked "The Last Man" a lot more than "Unending" actually. As for "Epilogue" I liked it and "Common Descent" quite a bit, especially seeing how everything played out with everybody's descendants.
    sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who didn't like it?
      I think your are alone. I loved it!

Comment

I liked the episode. But I don't think it is "best episode ever" material.

Comment

You're free to not like it, but your opinion can be heard just as much in the general episode discussion instead of opening your own thread... Ho hum.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            You're free to not like it, but your opinion can be heard just as much in the general episode discussion instead of opening your own thread... Ho hum.
            But please sir, I want some moar
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              I hated season 1 and liked the more conventional SG1 and A (along with various ST incarnations and BE) and really enjoyed the episode. Having Wray say that proverb at the end to tie up that loose string was good tv.

The only bad part was Varro surviving a 30 foot fall onto a concrete floor. right......
              My girlfriend fell out of a fifty-foot tree and is perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                But please sir, I want some moar
                More? MOOOORRREEEEE?

Well you can't have it.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

This whole story arc dealing with the dialing earth via the sun has been amazing~
                  The past 2 eps have been some of the best story in startgate and could see some sort of mini series spinoff from it (if it could ever happen)

It is sad to see it come to an end soon

also to the writers...
                  Season 2 (and end of season 1) has been amazing - It is feel way more stargate-ish
                  Also sad to see it end soon

The show keeps getting better and better!
                  The last ep will be hard to watch

Comment

I liked it. But felt a little manipulated. The writers twisted my heart! I guess thats their job though
                    sigpic
                    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by ithinkitsmagic View Post
                      It seems a lot people on here really like Epilogue. Am I the only one who didn't like it? I found it sappy and played out. Take me somewhere new. I know, they took me to the edge of the universe, how new do I need? I want story lines completely foreign to the franchise. Not the same old situations with new people and context. I mean, cheese and rice, did we not see this kind of theme in SGU Time, SG1 Unending and SGA The Last Man.

Maybe it had potential, but they dik*ed around with episodes like Cloverdale and The Hunt and lost the opportunity to play it out properly.
                      Nope I didnt like Epilogue either.
                      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I didn't like it either. Maybe because it focuses way too much on boring couples like Young/TJ and Scott/Chloe.
                        Everything in this episode felt like it was done before, where a team finds a planet which so happens to be facing imminent destruction the moment they land (walk through the gate, etc).

I was curious who Eli ended up with, and I may have cracked a smile with "Get off my lawn" Brody.

Comment

Originally posted by ithinkitsmagic View Post
                          It seems a lot people on here really like Epilogue. Am I the only one who didn't like it? I found it sappy and played out. Take me somewhere new. I know, they took me to the edge of the universe, how new do I need? I want story lines completely foreign to the franchise. Not the same old situations with new people and context. I mean, cheese and rice, did we not see this kind of theme in SGU Time, SG1 Unending and SGA The Last Man.

Maybe it had potential, but they dik*ed around with episodes like Cloverdale and The Hunt and lost the opportunity to play it out properly.
                          Alas my friend, I think you are alone!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            on concrete?
                            Yes, someone at Coventry university jump of Priory Hall building, about 15+ stories high, and he survive, broken legs, crushed lung, multiple other broke bones, in a coma for several weeks I but he survive, so I fine it perfectly reasonable that Varro survive such a fall.

An to the thread creator, yes I think you are the only one who do not like it.

Comment

I thought it was okay. The only person that was actually logical throughout the episode IMO was Rush, which annoyed me to every extent. Eli and the others were too busy seeing the historical documents, which if compressed immediately would have been transferred before the loss of power, instead of finding SUPPLIES TO SURVIVE.

Rush actually found a viable "carbon filter" and brought on board as much as he could stuff into the elevator. Viable air for the next 50 years (assuming each container in that elevator had at least 1 of those filters in it).

I thought it was hokey that Young came down to the planet to come to TJ's side. Seriously, it was a recording, that showed that she would not even start to see symptoms for another 5 years and wouldn't die until "a few years later". For a intensive purposes she was fine, but putting more people at the bottom of that pit on top of a fault line filled with magma was a better idea, yeah, thats smart.

And about the data on the ships, they know when they left, they know the top speed of the ships, and they knew the course, Eli "mathboy" CAN figure out where they are plus minus half a lightyear. Sensors can take over after that. Just saying "welp, we didn't get the data, you're boned" is stupid. Showing the math and science to work out problems is what I like to see, its ingenious solutions and "real world" applications of the math you learn in school saving the day.

Comment

When i was 14 years old, i fell out of a monster of a tree, around 60 odd foot.

Hi, how are you?

Awesome episode though, just awesome, if you dont like it, then i think youve gone the dark side of Stargate.

But seriously, at least they survived the initial rumblings, built their own Ark's and flew off into the unknown, in a way, emulating their Ancestors

Gotta love Poetic Justice

N.C

Comment

Working...
                                X