This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would take a week using Destiny.
    Destiny could reach the planned planet in 10 days.

Comment

Wow. As with most of Season 2, absolutely loved this episode. It's a story I feel only SGU can do. Loved the progression of the Novus people and seeing all the relationships. Felt really bad for Varro and I was like

Spoiler:
      "Noooo!!!!" when he fell. Hope we find out if he survives before the end of series.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        200 years is reasonable when your NOT going faster than light.
        In fact 200 years is quite optimistic. Does anyone know how long it'd take to get to the nearest planet from Earth, using a rocket? Several hundred years I'm guessing, and Alpha Centauri is like 4-5 lightyears away?

Comment

This really was a superb episode and a fantastic continuation to the previous episode. I really loved it and can't wait to watch it again. It makes me sad to know that the show got cancelled, however, there were just too many bad story lines / episodes compared to the really good once and that brought the whole thing down.

Even though the stone communication was a good idea to stay in contact with earth, I really did not like any of those episodes that made use of it. Yes it provided a lot of new story line ideas, but those once just didn't captivate my attention as much as the once where the crew were left on their own and had to survive by themselves.

Epilogue was brilliant and it did not even feature the stones or a Stargate for that matter! The episode was beautifully filmed with a fantastic story line and superb CGI. That last bid with the village changing into a town, changing into a city was the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Wow. As with most of Season 2, absolutely loved this episode. It's a story I feel only SGU can do. Loved the progression of the Novus people and seeing all the relationships. Felt really bad for Varro and I was like

Spoiler:
            "Noooo!!!!" when he fell. Hope we find out if he survives before the end of series.
            Spoiler:
            promos for the next episode 'Blockade' show us he's walking again and joins everone going offworld.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
              Did anyone notice the statue of Young at the beginning when you see the shuttle come to a landing? Look at the statues right breast pocket and you will see the name "Young".
              Yea I was like look theres a statue of Young. It reminded me a statue of Jayne from firefly.
              sigpic
              LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                In fact 200 years is quite optimistic. Does anyone know how long it'd take to get to the nearest planet from Earth, using a rocket? Several hundred years I'm guessing, and Alpha Centauri is like 4-5 lightyears away?
                Well, we'd better get on that then!
                sigpic

Comment

Nice episode and i like the ships too.
                  Kevin Morgan

Comment

ok so iv been a big stargate fan for a good number of years and i just had to make a account and say 'Epilogue' was god damn good show. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Sham View Post
                      ok so iv been a big stargate fan for a good number of years and i just had to make a account and say 'Epilogue' was god damn good show. Peace.
                      Welcome, hope to see you more often.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                        Yea I was like look theres a statue of Young. It reminded me a statue of Jayne from firefly.
                        [singing] The Hero of Youngstown, the man we call..... Everett.

Comment

Liked the episode until Destiny inexplicably couldn't track down those Novan evacuation ships en route to their new destination.

It would also have been cool if Young & Co. had found a way to integrate their rescued descendants into Destiny's crew. The ship's huge and they definitely could use the help, but no.

6/10
                          sigpic

Comment

What can i say other then typical SGU story arc.

Again they buildup a story that could have gone on for the rest of season 2 and well into season 3 or even last for how long the show was intended to run but again they fail because they turn this into a soap. Why make a whole episode about who ended up with who, seriusly who gives a rat ass about that, they just found out that their counterparts from another destiny had build a entire civiliation and that Young, Rush and Eli was the main fokus.

Why not use this storyline to build on the drones or how they found them, or even better build on the relationship the two cities had and their belifes.

But i guess i should have known better and not have had my hopes up because just look at all the other episodes and what has happend, there is so many things they could have build on and expanded to last more then just one or two eps.

So all in all a very avg. SGU episode and explains why sgu is gone after the last two episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacdru View Post
                              What can i say other then typical SGU story arc.

Again they buildup a story that could have gone on for the rest of season 2 and well into season 3 or even last for how long the show was intended to run but again they fail because they turn this into a soap.
                              actually to be fair about it, the novus story couldn't have gone on for so long as you suggest.

destiny has a mission to go forward, young feels he has a mission to get people home if possible, and if not then he's prepared to work with destiny's mission. sooner or later, assuming the they'd have had to make a decision - progress forwards, or settle down. progressing forwards may, potentially, yield a means to go home - while it's unlikely that novus has anything that can help, and settling down would mean giving up.

you've mentioned elsewhere about how they haven't integrated the novus survivors into the crew - well they weren't dumped off anywhere, that i noticed. they couldn't be left on novus, and they didn't know where novus was planning to settle. their own colony world doesn't have a gate any more. they're on board destiny for the moment, and foreseeable future.

how the drones found them was already covered - in common descent, eli and rush both stated the gate was used as a tracking mechanism. there's not much more that can be said than was said - gate = massive power in subspace, easy to track.

building on the relationship of the two sides (we don't know how many cities there were) isn't going to do anything at all for SGU's overarching storyline, nor is it going to develop the characters in the eyes of the viewer. i'll agree that i'm not sure how much of the latter was done anyway, however as it is the viewer gets to see 'what might have been.'

as for who ended up with who - volker died before that could happen, and TJ didn't last long. in volker's case, it shows what he would have suffered, while in TJ's case there's probably a future storyline that was planned down the road that would have taken in her disease. when and how is anyone's guess, or even if, however there's at least one possible story that could be developed - and it's even relevant to the actual crew, rather than their random and numerous descendants.

SGU has, imho, made a good few mistakes along the way - but cutting novus 'short' isn't one of them. even if the crew had been able and willing to stick around for a half-season or so with it, viewers would have become a little restless, wondering why destiny's mission is suddenly non-existent.
                              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

The whole Novus thing was awesome. Still, this episode would only be a fitting end to the Novus-SGU series rather than the new timeline we have since S2E11. I just can't wait for Rush to win. And the conversation between Rush and Volker... I bet that a minute later Rush was in his quarters, crying.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X