This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    can i ask how this episode is like unending? i'm a little confused.
    Yeah...I don't see it either...so I'd enjoy the enlightenment.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      And how an earth did Wray out live Chloe, Matt and Eli, she must have had a very good diet .
      While Wray definitely wasn't the youngest, it's not that hard to believe that younger persons died due to different reasons - accidents or diseases. Or that tea of hers is one powerful stuff.

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
      It was awesome, but not THAT awesome. SGU is still the worse than SGA and SG1 even after this 2 part episode. It raised SGU a bit, but not enough to surpass SG1 and SGA.
      IMO of course.
      Just like your opinion is that it's not THAT awesome, Ben's opinion can be that it was THAT awesome.
      sigpic

Comment

the ending scene.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Two little things that kind of bugged me:

There were repeated earthquakes on the planet while the 'away team' (including Park) were down there....and they never addressed that this is one of Park's big phobias (as we learned back in Darkness). That was a pretty big missed opportunity IMO.

The other thing was that TJ, who is a medic and not a doctor, was able to identify ALS just by a couple of symptoms? Um....how? Combat medics aren't exactly trained in genetic disorders/diseases, are they? I suspect this was to do with the TJ background subplot that got cut out of the previous episode, but without that background it seems a bit....unlikely here.
          well maybe she new that some one else in her family had suffered from it.
          ----------------------------
          You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I concur
            Not I.
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdIBp2Taqc

the ending scene.
              Beautiful, moving, thoughtful. (((SGU)))
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
                Who is to say they can't just start the next episode with all of the Novus people already dropped off?
                Dropped off where?

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                I was slightly disturbed by Eli's look of EPIC FAIL when he realized he and Barnes ended up together that continued up until the commercial break.
                Maybe its cause he just couldn't imagine seeing himself hook up with her?

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                At the end of this episode, I quite literally yelled "DAMN YOU GOD"

I'd like to kick Syfy in the proverbial nuts right now
                I'd like to do worse.. but am too afraid of going to jail for it.

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
                And no, Volker won't feel guilty after finding out that Rush stuffed styrofoam into the air scrubbers. Fixing problems like that is Rush's job. You don't get a parade for doing your job. And lets not get the impression that Rush split the atom. He cut up some material and stuffed it in a tube. The Destiny is filled with mega geniuses, and there's no doubt that someone would've found the new filter.
                It is also the other scientists job to be thinking like that. BUT whom else besides rush was working on it? NO ONE!.
                As to someone else figuring out the foam thing.. Since we had to leave due to the planet getting massively unstable, where would we have gotten it from, IF and when someone else thought of it?

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
                Lets not forget that Rush spends most of his time belittling, ridiculing, and cockwalking all over the rest of the scientists on the ship. So no one should feel a single second of guilt when one of them reminds him that he's not the end all, be all of brains brigade.
                D
                How many times did Mccay belittle/ridicule others on Atlantis? How many of them praised him when he saved their butts?

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                Good taste, mom!
                agreed. Other than some trek (orig series), and the occasional film, my mother can't stand scifi.

And to me, the best Episode ending i have ever seen next to meridian and heroes!

Comment

I had mixed feelings about this episode. At first I wondered why so much time is being spent on what went on with the 'descendants' when we could see more of Destiny and unraveling the mystery of its mission.

On thinking about it I realised how brilliant this episode was. SGU was always about the people, how they fared in triumph and adversity. It is truly a wonderful epilogue in every way to the series, it sums up the experiences of those mismatched unprepared people by showing us the monumental achievements they made, and how by working together, each realizing their potential they created an astounding civilisation.

What I also found fascinating is the fact that they only uploaded a 'third' of Novus' archive, it will only give them a glimpse of what they could achieve, the rest is up to them and their future is going to be different. It's sad that we won't see how they would add their experiences and knowledge gained to that archive. The moment with Rush and Volker was interesting, here was a man who never had a chance to be part of the creation of a brave new world, just as Rush wasn't. None of what they may do in the future could have any impact on the outcome of things, for once Volker was on an equal footing with Rush and could say what he did.

Rush's total indifference to the history created by the other Destiny crew only reinforces his obsession with Destiny and its mission. That 'past' is irrelevant to their situation, they still have to live on Destiny, not join the 'past'. Repairing the Destiny's life support system with salvaged parts from the doomed technology he found on Novus was an apt reinforcement of his views of concentrating on the present and the 'mission', but it could be said that the crew of the Destiny reached through time to help those of this timeline’s Destiny to survive. Sci Fi at its best!!!

This episode summed up the people part of SGU and gave a satisfying end, in that it gives all those of Destiny renewed hope and a sense of closure to the series. The remaining episodes could now, after this episode, set up the possibility of great things to come when the Stargate saga continues, as I'm sure it will, there are too many stories left to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Dropped off where?
                    The planet that Destiny can get to quickly that will take 200 years for the evacuees to reach.
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                      Yes, the ending of this episode certainly was all those things.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
                        And how an earth did Wray out live Chloe, Matt and Eli, she must have had a very good diet

How about she didn't have any kids.Kids do stress ppl out a lot and will definately wear you down.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdIBp2Taqc

the ending scene.
                          *cries*

Every time.
                          sigpic

Comment

hey i haven't read all 11 pages here but did anyone happen to notice if they took any clothing/uniforms from that bunker? i dont recall seeing it but maybe someone else did?

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                              hey i haven't read all 11 pages here but did anyone happen to notice if they took any clothing/uniforms from that bunker? i dont recall seeing it but maybe someone else did?
                              Didn't notice, sorry. Only things that were shown was that thing Greer ate and air filter stuff. If they did get clothing, then hopefully we get to see 'em or at least hear a mention in the next two episodes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                                How about she didn't have any kids.Kids do stress ppl out a lot and will definately wear you down.
                                I wondered that too but:
                                Women generally tend to live longer than men.
                                In a society without modern medicine or antibiotics it wasn't uncommon for women to die in childbirth.(Wray apparently didn't have children)
                                Camille's character is probably about 40's with Eli, Chloe Scott Ect in their mid-20's
                                so if they died at 70-Wray could be about 90 in that last scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X