This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    I think the difference is that there are people explaining why they gave it a 10 in these threads, while I'm yet to see anyone even admit to giving an episode a 1 let alone offering any sort of reasoning for it.
    i'd say, yeah, so???

Honestly, to play the devil's advocate here...someone says 'i gave it a one because.....' they stand a very good chance of being verbally set up on for bragging about giving it a one, or being too negative or whatever.

Personally? I think it's pretty dang petty and silly to spend your time going around knocking down polls on a show you don't like out of....whatever their motiavation is. but it's their time to spend that way and we don't have a rule against it so.....move on and ignore them.

statistically, their handful of votes really do nothing for the overall rating of an episode.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I’m either too new a member here or the poll is closed for voting. As I stated earlier I would otherwise give it a 10 because the episode showed us what could happen to the crew if they eventually settled on a planet somewhere. In doing so the episode rounded out many of the characters and we got deeper glimpses into their personalities. It would have been interesting to have seen an older Rush and what his contributions might have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
        one problem sgu has had all along is the women are all defined by their relationships with men (or without men as in Camille's case)- this episode just continued that attitude. a woman is more than her personal relationships with a man. merely how I veiwed the ep.
        i agree i personally feel sgu has lacked a woman who could be considered a role model like sam/janet and elizabeth.
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
          i agree i personally feel sgu has lacked a woman who could be considered a role model like sam/janet and elizabeth.
          I disagree. While imperfect (as all SGU characters are), I think Camille Wray could easily be considered a role model. In my mind, she has "stepped up to the plate" over the last 2 seasons, growing to be a good advisor and even maybe friend to Col. Young, and someone you can depend on.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            I disagree. While imperfect (as all SGU characters are), I think Camille Wray could easily be considered a role model. In my mind, she has "stepped up to the plate" over the last 2 seasons, growing to be a good advisor and even maybe friend to Col. Young, and someone you can depend on.
            I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
              I second that.
              Thirded. She's an outstanding character. Although I also think that Park, Chloe and (to a lesser extent) TJ and James have also become much stronger than they were at first. Not to mention the minor female characters like Palmer (for her one ep) and Barnes.
              sigpic

Comment

Chloe has surprised me, and that is a good thing in a fictional character!
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

My only beef with Camille is that she is HR and I’m not a big fan of Human Resources in general. I get a kick when her “let’s negotiate rather than fight” methods have backfired and caused major foul-ups. She does portray the maddening HR mindset well though.

Comment

My favourite episode of all SGU season 1 and 2.

AMAZING
                    .:.
                    My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

Comment

a big NINE!
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

this

Comment

This was one of the better episodes
                          sigpic
                          LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                            you must admit that all along sgu has had a difficult time with their female characters!
                            I don't agree. I think it's funny how some people think Chloe has just been following Matt around when if you really watch you'll see that He is the one doing the following. I guess some assume that just because he carries a gun, he's doing the leading. Chloe has proven her independence early on; she had no fear of going against Wray and defending young. And she even went against Scott to do what she thought was right. Wray may have been a little paranoid that the ship would become a military state just like Rush was paranoid that someone would take his personal crusade away from him. Park stands along side any of the scientists with her command of planetary science. TJ has always been willing to take charge when necessary. I've never define any of these characters based on male counterparts but that's the way my momma raised me.
                            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

10! Best episode yet

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                                10! Best episode yet
                                I concur!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X