Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordinary. Gave it a 6. Who cares what happened to the AU destiny crew? I would have preferred if they show us the modern Novans instead.

Comment

Ok guys

Enough of this 'trolls' crud.

First, people are entitled to their opinions. And it is honestly beyond rude to attack - even anonymously - someone for not voting what you think they should have voted.

Second....I counted seven people - as of tonight - that voted the show 5 or less.....and at least ten times as many that gave it 6-10..so really? You're gonna get snotty about that? You're going to get at them for 'voting before it even started' (which isn't even possible since the thread isn't open until the last few minutes, I know, cause I opened it)...and how many of you gave it a 10 before you even saw the ending?

Really, the folks that like to come in and blindly give it a 1 out of whatever their motivation is, it's no different than those that blindly give it a 10.

I have looked at who's voted for what - we admin can do that if we want - and while I have seen a pattern in the 1 voters, I've seen a similar pattern in the 9 and 10 voters.

Hello pot, thy name is kettle.

So, maybe instead of snarking at your 'trolls', how about y'all just ignore them and spend your time with your last few episodes enjoying your show
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would give this one a 9.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Really, the folks that like to come in and blindly give it a 1 out of whatever their motivation is, it's no different than those that blindly give it a 10.
          I think the difference is that there are people explaining why they gave it a 10 in these threads, while I'm yet to see anyone even admit to giving an episode a 1 let alone offering any sort of reasoning for it.

Comment

Oh, this is a difficult one for me. Part of me wanted to see more about the mysteries of the Destiny and its mission as we near the end. Whilst we got a great story about how the Destiny crew survived and thrived without the Destiny, it's not what I really expected, but then that's just me.

I still have to give it a 9 for the storytelling,wonderful acting and the superb imagining of the city and the life the Destiny's crew's descendants created for themselves. I could have given it a 1 for not going the way I would have liked, but that would not acknowledge the crafting of a good, rounded and entertaining episode.

Comment

I think the ending of this episode would have fit the series more than the cliff hanger we will get.
              A beautiful insight on what would have been...but wont be since the team will go on with the mission. Or is the mission the journey itself?
              Thats what i loved about this show, everything is a big mistery.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                I think the difference is that there are people explaining why they gave it a 10 in these threads, while I'm yet to see anyone even admit to giving an episode a 1 let alone offering any sort of reasoning for it.
                Last I looked it wasn't a requirement to justify how you vote in a poll. People want to give it a 1...well more power to them as it is a choice on the poll.

Anyway, I gave this one a 7/10 in an earlier post.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

11/10

Funny, great drama and action what more could I want.

More please .

Comment

They put women back 100 years...shame on them! 2/10
                    All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                      By showing natural childbirth? Newsflash, there are plenty of us nowadays that have babies the old fashioned way, it isn't that bad! (Well, maybe it is, they say you forget about the pain . . .)

(Otherwise, I have no idea what you are referring to.)
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Umm, their constitution, their system of government, the foundation for their entire society going forward was written by a woman. A hundred years ago women weren't allowed to vote and were about a decade away from making a single change to the constitution. So I'm not sure what you mean.
                        I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Anyway, I give this one a 10. I loved how it had them risking danger to preserve a record that may have no immediate strategic value; it had a deeper value. And after years of seeing so many stargate episodes about death and destruction it was nice to see one about life and growth. I'm shocked that some on the comments at the home page are saying this episode wasn't sci-fi. I understand that people who don't watch/read science fiction might have misconceptions but people within the fan community not understanding what science fiction is just baffles me.
                          I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Do you mean that the focus was on women having kids instead of having their own lives?

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                              By showing natural childbirth? Newsflash, there are plenty of us nowadays that have babies the old fashioned way, it isn't that bad! (Well, maybe it is, they say you forget about the pain . . .)

(Otherwise, I have no idea what you are referring to.)
                              I'm guessing she means showing all the women doing 'women's work', which to be honest irritated me a bit too. Then again we saw James shopping wood IIRC, and didn't really see anything else that could be really considered 'men's work' so I suppose we could give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                I'm guessing she means showing all the women doing 'women's work', which to be honest irritated me a bit too. Then again we saw James shopping wood IIRC, and didn't really see anything else that could be really considered 'men's work' so I suppose we could give them the benefit of the doubt.
                                But we see TJ doing medicine, and later we hear (but don't see) that Camille Wray was mayor, so I don't see a problem. I would guess that everyone did a bit of everything, up to a point, and certainly planting and gardening are no more "women's work" than they are "men's work" - in agricultural societies, they are everyone's work.
                                sigpic
                                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                                X