This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    i loved the concept of 3 races in the same patch of space. we had the Ursini in their ship, the Blues in their ship, and us, and the command ship.
    Didn't even think of it. Very cool.

Originally posted by Petra View Post
    I just hope Chloe's still a hybrid and still changing and the Blues simply removed more obvious physical symptons or set her back a little to lull everyone into false sense of security.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that would happen. There's usually consequences, even consequences to consequences.

Keeping it short... Loved the episode. There's been better ones, but this one was pretty sweet too. Interesting to see different side of Rush. Wonder how long it'll last.

Also, the visuals! Can it get any better than that?? Seriously, it was stunning, esp different shots of Destiny taking fire.

9 to go.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      Also, the visuals! Can it get any better than that?? Seriously, it was stunning, esp different shots of Destiny taking fire.

9 to go.
      this episode really was gorgeous! i too love watching destiny battling from all different angles, they get really creative with them!

Comment

My eyes got teary when the Ursini sacrificed themselves. Only time that ever happened on SG-1/SGA is when the Asgard died.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          how? they're with too few for proper continuation of their race plus the ship they have is a little bit too small for proper living space. plus there are MANY drones out there.
          I don't know, I'm not a writer Maybe they should want to make sure they really were the last of their kind and there were no other survivors before killing themselves? All I know is that suicide seemed lame to me. *shrug*

Originally posted by MacCarron View Post
          (I mean...just trying to compare "the Blues" with the Goa'Uld, the Replicators, the Ori and the Wraith is madness)
          Yes, it is. Although I suspect that for me it's for different reasons than for you.

the weird feeling that every galaxy they travel through is basically empty or long dead (for all we know IRL they might be, but in theory a sci-fi show should answer the whole "are we alone" question with a "hell no" just like they'd been doing in SG1 and SGA)
          Why?

and phenomenal stuff like a million-year-old Alteran shuttle interface talking to aliens coming from who knows how many billion lightyears away from the milky way......IN ENGLISH.
          Huh? Do you mean the communication from the Blues who've been following Destiny for the better part of the year and after kidnapping Rush and Chloe had plenty of opportunity to learn English?

And isn't that very Stargate-y anyway? Remember the Nox?

And a random guy jamming and hacking drones that apparently wiped out a civilization in 2 minutes with an ASUS laptop.
          Sounds exactly like McKay, doesn't it?

9 to go.
          Positive spin: there's STILL 9 awesome episodes to go.
          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
          sigpic
          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Now THAT was how an SGU episode should be !!

N.C

Comment

Absolutely! Personally I can't wait for Twin destinies ( double trouble! ), alliances and Seizure.

Comment

I think Alliances will be very interesting.

Comment

No matter how awesome those 9 will be, I'd like to keep the final episode as far away from me as possible.
                  sigpic

Comment

No matter how awesome those 9 will be, I'd like to keep the final episode as far away from me as possible.
                    Think of it this way: You're still getting another episode for every 3 aired so far. We've still got 25% of the entire show's run to go.

Comment

SG-U gets it together and gets cancelled.

This is not fair! ARRGGHH!

Comment

TPTB try a different direction after 15 seasons and 2 movies of the same and half the fandom turns on them.

A lot of things aren't fair.

Comment

the weird feeling that every galaxy they travel through is basically empty or long dead
                          Which was also seen on SGA in the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way...

talking to aliens coming from who knows how many billion lightyears away from the milky way......IN ENGLISH.
                          Lucian Alliance not included no aliens in SGU have actually talked in English. Being able to speak the language and send text written messages are 2 different things. They studied Rush & Chloe and through that they gained at least a rudimentary understanding of the language. The previous show's never explained how practically every alien spoke fluent English.

And a random guy jamming and hacking drones that apparently wiped out a civilization in 2 minutes with an ASUS laptop.
                          It was Rush & Eli, they worked together on the code. Though tbh McKay would of gotten it in 1 minute.

Comment

Awesome episode was awesome

More pew pew than I needed, but sooooooo many questions. Is Rush really suddenly Mr Nice Guy? I doubt it very much. Is Chloe really cured? I doubt it very much. (Okay, both of those "doubt it"s could be replaced by "hope not"s...) The only character I felt was lacking was TJ, but she wasn't given anything to do other than put on bandaids and give Chloe a little pep talk, so I won't hold it against her. Park, on the other hand, simply ruled. < So much so that colour was needed.

Loved it.

Off to watch again now.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think Rush's change is entirely pragmatic in nature. He's realising that he gets a lot more out of the crew when he treats them a certain way, and I think he also knows he's going to need them on board (in more way that one) in the future.

Comment

I found this episode to be an okay reintroduction from SGU's long layover. The appearance of the blues, like most things about this episode didn't surprise me. Why? Because they were in such a bad spot from the last episode that they didn't really have any choices. So, I didn't really feel any tension, nor was there much to surprise me. Although it is sad to see the Ursini join the Asgard in that great beyond. Hopefully next week will better.

Comment

Working...
                                X