Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The look Rush gave the notebook at the end has me thinking that he suspects (and is probably right) that the blues merely reset Chloe's changes, not undid them.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      The look Rush gave the notebook at the end has me thinking that he suspects (and is probably right) that the blues merely reset Chloe's changes, not undid them.
      most likely, i had the impression the were experimenting and had little idea what they were doing

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        most likely, i had the impression the were experimenting and had little idea what they were doing
        i think i'm more concerned with what they plan on doing with the information that they got from her on Destiny.

Comment

The space battle stuff was cool; probably my favorite thig about the ep. The character stuff was kinda blah to me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            Indeed, I had a similar interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
              i think i'm more concerned with what they plan on doing with the information that they got from her on Destiny.
              That one seems obvious. They are going to try to take over Destiny. Its been there goal since day 1
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                That one seems obvious. They are going to try to take over Destiny. Its been there goal since day 1
                Shouldn't be too hard if they kept Chloe on their leash. Just have her shut down the shields and FTL systems from within, then board away.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard if they kept Chloe on their leash. Just have her shut down the shields and FTL systems from within, then board away.
                  They were probably in condition to do that with all the drone firing
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    They were probably in condition to do that with all the drone firing
                    But they were still heavily damaged and they know that Young's not gonna let Chloe out of his sight right away. If Chloe immediately tried to override the bridge again, she'd just get shot dead and then Destiny would destroy the alien ship. They had no choice but to fall back from that engagement, regardless of what they did or didn't do to Ms. Armstrong.

Comment

But they were still heavily damaged and they know that Young's not gonna let Chloe out of his sight right away. If Chloe immediately tried to override the bridge again, she'd just get shot dead and then Destiny would destroy the alien ship. They had no choice but to fall back from that engagement, regardless of what they did or didn't do to Ms. Armstrong.
                      I don't think I disagree with you if I am understanding you correctly. The Blues did not try to take over Destiny because they were in no condition to with all the damange they had incurred from the drone,. Never mind whatever they did to Chloe.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Everything about the episode worked: The demise of the Ursini, outwitting the Drones and the command ships, the action, the tension, the return of the Smurfs... My favorite part was seeing the command staff working together and with Lt. James, Volker, and Brody stepping up.

Edit: Watching this episode, especially with how everything worked, was a sad reminder to me that SGU went before its time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Syfy's SGU site has a recap available.
                          Blog Twitter

Comment

the entire episode was nothing short of awesome. while the resolving of the drone thing was a little too easy IMO, it kinda payed off with an excellent story for the rest of the episode.

squee moments:

the ships dropping out and the Chloe thing reminded me of Trial and Error, same air, same feeling that it could all go down wrong pretty fast.

Scott delivering Chloe. reminded me of Pathogen with the Wedding thing. loved it. loved how she floated in the air when the changes were undone.

the various battles. so much sweet, tasty awesomeness. loved the IFF trick.

as to CHLOE.

how do we know she IS changed? how do we know the Blues treated the source of the changes and not merely the symptoms? all they really needed to do was somehow surpress the gene expression of the changes.

awesomeness:

Greer pointing at the crystal tray with his gun. good choice, obvious choice but i was happy that the marines were intelligent enough to aim for the weak spots

the Command Ship dropping out and deploying Drones. my god that was so uberly awesome. *squee*

Chloe being delivered. again similar to Trial and Error and it really makes you feel rewarded for watching that episode. you're not forgotten, fan .

the Blues are awesome as always. my god SGU gives us awesome aliens .

sad to see the Ursini go. considering how easily the ship was disposed of by the Drones, it was clear they were beyond desperate. it gave bitter feeling to it, kinda like how the Ursini had many dreams and they all got vaporised. the only thing that remained was regret.

i loved the concept of 3 races in the same patch of space. we had the Ursini in their ship, the Blues in their ship, and us, and the command ship.
                            perhaps two Blue ships were disposed off to easily but that's nitpicking.

the entire episode filled me with delight, it was a feeling i haven't felt in a long time. few shows have the ability to give me that awesome feeling. which makes the cancellation even more bitter.

9 episodes left. 9 times this feeling of happyness and joy, 9 times a bitter pill as we count down.

BSG, thou hath a show that can be named alongside thee

Comment

My hopes for a sexy hybrid have been crushed. Theres nothing left.

Comment

Most epic quote ever:

"this is my moment. don't contradict me" - Chloe to Scott.

it made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X