This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    There's nothing irrational about disliking a completely unappealing character.
    And I'd improve my reading comprehension if I were you.
    Elyse is a horrible actress in SGU. It's not all her, because the part is horribly written, but the fact remains that she's by far the weakest link in the cast. Exactly which rule am I breaking by pointing that out? Get off your soapbox.
    I'll do and say what I want. No one is forcing is you to read.

I never said you broke a rule but calling someone a bad actor is getting close to the insulting of cast. As for irrational an appaling is pretty vague
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I like Chloe and Scott, there i sayed it!

PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I'll do and say what I want. No one is forcing is you to read.
        Maybe you should take your own advice, then?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I never said you broke a rule but calling someone a bad actor is getting close to the insulting of cast. As for irrational an appaling is pretty vague
        They're actors. They're paid to do the job. If they suck at it, then they suck. It's as simple as that. What, are we all supposed to join in song and dance and eat candy and rainbows and praise everyone? Some people just suck at their job.

And if unappealing is pretty vague for you, let me put it this way: I only have two emotional responses to the character - anger and annoyance. She's not even someone you love to hate. She's someone you just wanna see dead. She's Cally, though perhaps sans the cabbage smell. Filler. And most Chloe defenders will only say they wanna keep her around because she's eye candy. Oh, THAT's a fine reason.

Comment

They're actors. They're paid to do the job. If they suck at it, then they suck. It's as simple as that. What, are we all supposed to join in song and dance and eat candy and rainbows and praise everyone? Some people just suck at their job.
          Not at all. But their should be a little more tact in how you say it. To say an actor can't act is a lot different then critquing it of what you dislike.

And if unappealing is pretty vague for you, let me put it this way: I only have two emotional responses to the character - anger and annoyance. She's not even someone you love to hate. She's someone you just wanna see dead. She's Cally, though perhaps sans the cabbage smell. Filler. And most Chloe defenders will only say they wanna keep her around because she's eye candy. Oh, THAT's a fine reason.
          And from an episode point I find that a tad irrational. I say you need to consider the point of the episode and story before writing off a character. The part about Chloe fans seems a little generalized
          Jelgate is right

Comment

but it's so drawn out that I'm like "well, whoopdy-do, just airlock her already!".

^Therin lies the malaise of SGU methinks. Everything about it is drawn out.
            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Just what is irrational about it? She's the most annoying character in the series
              I'm sure if her character was all over Eli that would make her a lot more popular with many of you folks.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                I'm sure if her character was all over Eli that would make her a lot more popular with many of you folks.
                I couldn't care less about her and Eli.

Comment

Red, take your happy pills.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Red has some point about acting... I mean: to me, each SGU acting must be compared to Rush, which is undeniably the most badass and mofo character in the show, and Carlyle plays it mint - the closer to him in awesomeness, the better. Greer is up there as 2st to him, while Chloe is really down there as last... c'mon, even secondaries like Brody way are better played.

Want a crude list? Here it goes:

1st - Rush
                    2nd - Greer
                    3rd - Young/Telford/Eli
                    4th - Brody
                    5th - Camile/Tamara/Scott
                    6th - Chloe

Maybe she's not as bad as the character is meaningless at first and forced right now. Hope her mutation has an impact in what she is, and the acting change for something else.

"I was an apathic misplaced person before, but now I'm an apathic misplaced mutie!"

C'mon writers, change her personality in face of the circumstances! Throw Elysé a bone!
                    One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                    sigpic
                    Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                      Red has some point about acting... I mean: to me, each SGU acting must be compared to Rush, which is undeniably the most badass and mofo character in the show, and Carlyle plays it mint - the closer to him in awesomeness, the better. Greer is up there as 2st to him, while Chloe is really down there as last... c'mon, even secondaries like Brody way are better played.

1st - Rush
                      2nd - Greer
                      3rd - Young/Telford/Eli
                      4th - Brody
                      6th - Chloe

Maybe she's not as bad as the character is meaningless at first and forced right now. Hope her mutation has an impact in what she is, and the acting change for something else.

"I was an apathic misplaced person before, but now I'm an apathic misplaced mutie!"

C'mon writers, change her personality in face of the circumstances! Throw Elysé a bone!
                      Something that is completely based on opinion. I for one think while a good actor in talent Cartyle is overrated. The opinion of the character was never the point
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Carlyle is a good actor, but so are the others on SGU. Each actor had his/her moment to give glory for his or her character.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post

1st - Rush
                          2nd - Greer
                          3rd - Young/Telford/Eli
                          4th - Brody
                          6th - Chloe

Throw her a bone? I really like Elyse and I'll admit she is a hoot on the DVD commentaries. But based upon your own ranking of acting talent isn't it interesting that the #2 guy on your list gets less stories, less character arcs, less character-oriented storylines (aka a personal life) than any of the other main characters? Throw Greer a ******* bone already. He deserves it. Elyse/Chloe has gotten probably three times the onscreen minutes than Jamil/Greer has gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Red, take your happy pills.
                            I just got drunk instead.

Comment

All quiet on the Stargate front as the cast and crew head their separate ways to work, enjoy the holidays, and await word on a potential third season. Meanwhile, post-production continues (as Kerry, our post-production coordinator will frequently remind us) with Day 1 Mixes of Deliverance and Twin Destinies, and a Day 2 Mix of Alliances on deck. And, given the way the schedule looks to be playing out, I’ll probably be receiving delivery of the Day 1 Mix of The Hunt at The Imperial Hotel in mid-December.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                                Does everyone on this forum wear a red t-shirt that says "YOU ARE HERE"? That would explain a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X