X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!
    sigpic

Comment

I felt something similar in Twin Destinies. Not Irony but metaphor where most of the people would evacuate the ship to go back to the comforts of Earth but some stayed on for the adventure but in the end they were all forced to evacuate. The parallel to what went on with the fans where a bunch wanted the comfort of their old shows and those of us that wanted to stay on for the adventure had our show taken away anyway.
      I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
        I felt something similar in Twin Destinies. Not Irony but metaphor where most of the people would evacuate the ship to go back to the comforts of Earth but some stayed on for the adventure but in the end they were all forced to evacuate. The parallel to what went on with the fans where a bunch wanted the comfort of their old shows and those of us that wanted to stay on for the adventure had our show taken away anyway.
        Interesting way of looking at things.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
          Hey maybe we'll all go 2000 years into the past and... aw shucks. We'll need to invent electricity, CRTs, cable, the Sci-Fi channel/Sky One, houses, couches...

Bleh. Too much work.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I went to the main page and didn't see any announcement.
            It's right at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
              It's right at the bottom.
              Thanks...someone posted a link to the announcement....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                Heck the whole fighting in the village to get the settlers out while shooting at the the light fighters and taking one drone. I totally got flashbacks to the first episode of Atlantis
                Expecially that one villager getting blown away, and Scott (shep) shooting with his back turned, and the drone (dart) getting downed.

Interesting way of looking at things.
                That it is.. Very metaphoric.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                  The fact that this episode was written and shot well over 6 months ago, and it happens to air the day after the announcement, I would definately call that irony.

Irony - The use of words/images expressing something other than their literal intention.
                  Well, that couldn't have been more patronising if you'd tried. Cheers for that. I know what irony is thank you very much.

For example: I am amazng at speling. That was ironic. The gate being destroyed just as the franchise comes to an end is metaphorical.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                    Well, that couldn't have been more patronising if you'd tried. Cheers for that. I know what irony is thank you very much.
                    I wasn't being patronizing, I was quoting a line from Futurama, I'm sorry if you took it as patronizing.

Comment

I was totally feeling that too. The drone melted into a dart in front of my eyes and I couldn't stop smiling for a couple of minutes.
                      Also: Scott -> Shep works for me

Comment

Shep is Shep, any parallel drawn between him and a lowly LT is pure coincidence

N.C

Comment

OT linked question.. What were those 2 guns Greer and Scott used?

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                            Did anyone else see the irony, that just one day after the official announcement that the franchise is dead, we see a Stargate (something that before was nigh indestructible) get destroyed right before our eyes?

While speaking of that scene, let me just say it was AWESOME. I'm not one of those people who wants the Stargate to be used in every episode, but to see the SG team rushing to get the villagers through the gate and save them from impending doom . . . . It brought back memories of Goa'uld Death Gliders and Wraith Darts, if that's not classic Stargate then I don't know what is.
                            These are prototype gates - they likely are not made of naqidah, and are also likely of poorer construct than the ones the ancients were building in our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              OT linked question.. What were those 2 guns Greer and Scott used?
                              I think they were HK G36

http://www.carnwyffa.u-net.com/GUNS/G36.html

N.C

Comment

Ta much!

Comment

Working...
                                X