No announcement yet.

So what was up with the purple fruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe seemed to be a big fan of purple fruit's effects. Wray concurred.

they may have tasted "awful" BUT.....

all i can say is the way it was presented on screen was that the purple fruit's redeeming quality was a unique chemistry with females that was able to provide a feminine sensation - most likely erotic in nature.

...down there.

... or perhaps all around

Comment

Here is what I figured: The writers wrote this segment to garner the response it has. For most men it would seem sexual in nature, but for all we know it was just some really awesomely scented hair conditioner. It was a bit of creative writing that let the fan's imagination run wild while having a little fun at the expense of Eli.

Comment

My bet would have to be either the writers just added it as a little thing to put in to get people talking. OR it is something sexual as both Wray and Chloe don't seem to be saying in a relieved way that it will stop menstrual cramps or anything but rather in a genuinely excited way. But hey, as long as they enjoy em.

Comment

probably sexual

Comment

Something to do with sex I think.

Comment

Why just sex.. Some food as more of an effect on women (emotional etc) than men.

Comment

seriously guys this one is obvious. Something concerning women's sexual something.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm honored to be the only person here who could keep his purple fruit up.

Comment

It could have held a compound that affected womens physiology for heightened sense of sexual awareness.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                      Is there a visual reference to said fruit? (of the fruit itself?)

My guess was that it had something to do with feminine hygiene, not anything to do with the eating factor. Or a reference to that time that Brody got smurfed. Was that only a Kino webisode? Kino 24. Or not, that was the purple potato, which isn't a fruit.
                      I was actually thinking that it was a reference to the previous Kinosode. In one of the early ones, the purple fruit/vegetable/whatever could be used as a dye in a practical joke on Brody.
                      sigpic

Comment

Then Elii would have gotten it.

Comment

From Josephmallozzi's Weblog
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

E writes: “Could you tell us what was the purple fruit about? There’s been two threads about it on GW, they’ve both been pulled because the discussion got very guttery and the third thread is barely surviving.”

Answer: That damn purple fruit. What the hell WAS it good for? We asked Rob this question (he wrote the script for Common Descent) and he simply shrugged and claimed he didn’t know. There was considerable speculation in the writers’ room, none of which can be repeated on this blog.

@SupremeLegate
                          Apogee Institute
                          Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

*high fives JM for answering*
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok so there's the answer, there is no answer . If I had to venture a guess... since Chloe is in a stable relationship and Wray is not, it's probably something reasonably harmless, feminine hygiene seems like a good bet.
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

There is also the possibility that it was simply a joke, due to the shape of the fruit.

@SupremeLegate
                                Apogee Institute
                                Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Working...
                                X