So now even less great travel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    No, I am sorry. It just seems weird to me that I can actually write something intelligent for a change. ;P
    That's a bit harsh, isn't it?
    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
      That's a bit harsh, isn't it?
      I take it from another viewpoint. If I dont expect myself to write something intelligent, I wont be dissapointed if BS comes out in the end. Also it makes the Joy even bigger when People actually agree with you.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

We don't know much about the command ships though. They could be capable of manufacturing drones quicker than Destiny could ever hope to destroy them. They had five allied ships last time they beat a command ship. If you could call them that. Seed ship plus Destiny, and 3x Blues. 2x Blues didn't make it to round two. And the Seed ship perished in round two. Of course why the drones didn't show up in Twin Destiny's? Dialing from inside a star to earth should have been a pretty major sub space event.

Gate travel skippage would have sucked had there been another season. And they'll likely still use them to draw them away from their descendants. If there's enough remaining content. But I agree to some extent. It's the lack of scenery on Destiny that otherwise made the show a hard watch for some folks. You can only do so many scenes in the mess and on the bridge. And with everyone still wearing the same clothes as season 1... Can you say old hat. Year old underroos, that's gotta be a plus when working the ladies... Let's go back to my place, the bed sheets are a million plus years old, but I've got a window...

Comment

We don't know much about the command ships though. They could be capable of manufacturing drones quicker than Destiny could ever hope to destroy them. They had five allied ships last time they beat a command ship. If you could call them that. Seed ship plus Destiny, and 3x Blues. 2x Blues didn't make it to round two. And the Seed ship perished in round two. Of course why the drones didn't show up in Twin Destiny's? Dialing from inside a star to earth should have been a pretty major sub space event.

Gate travel skippage would have sucked had there been another season. And they'll likely still use them to draw them away from their descendants. If there's enough remaining content. But I agree to some extent. It's the lack of scenery on Destiny that otherwise made the show a hard watch for some folks. You can only do so many scenes in the mess and on the bridge. And with everyone still wearing the same clothes as season 1... Can you say old hat. Year old underroos, that's gotta be a plus when working the ladies... Let's go back to my place, the bed sheets are a million plus years old, but I've got a window...

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            I take it from another viewpoint. If I dont expect myself to write something intelligent, I wont be dissapointed if BS comes out in the end. Also it makes the Joy even bigger when People actually agree with you.
            As a great man once said; ''Aim low and avoid disappointment''
            Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
              Of course why the drones didn't show up in Twin Destiny's? Dialing from inside a star to earth should have been a pretty major sub space event.
              Perhaps their sensors got baffled by the sun's fields..

Comment

I still enjoyed the episodes that didn't involve the gate, so no complaints from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                  Of course why the drones didn't show up in Twin Destiny's? Dialing from inside a star to earth should have been a pretty major sub space event.
                  Maybe Destiny's gate is shielded somehow? So the drones are really detecting the gate that Destiny is dialing and then tracing it back to the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                    Maybe Destiny's gate is shielded somehow? So the drones are really detecting the gate that Destiny is dialing and then tracing it back to the ship.
                    I think the Sun masked the Stargate Event a little bit.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      I'm sorry that its "what you didn't what." However, as another poster stated...I don't foresee this as being much of an issue with the show coming to an end.
                      personally, i have to agree with the OP - the lack of the gate is... disappointing.

other sci-fi shows stick to the title - B5 takes place on B5, red dwarf on a ship called red dwarf....

star wars is about... surprise surprise, a war in the stars.

star trek, journeying through the stars. even on DS9, the station was where a lot happened, but the journey was brought to it in the form of visiting aliens, and when thy got the defiant up and running they could head out for a spin whenever they wanted.

in stargate: sg1 was about the team (and seasons 9+10, iirc, were supposed to be SGC - but syfy wanted 200 epis in one show, and blocked the name change.)
                      atlantis took place on atlantis.

universe takes place in the universe, sure, but thats a pretty broad concept. and the stargate isn't a major part of the plot - it's a sideline, when they remember to dust it off every few weeks. we rarely see the gateroom, and we almost never get shots of the gate - even in the background. atlantis - even where they weren't actively using the gate - established that it hadn't hopped off one of the piers, by flashing past it.

it's hard to call the show 'stargate' when the iconic gate isn't visible. when the entire command crew seem happy to congregate in the applecore, the bridge, or the mess hall, and only pop into the gateroom on their way between scenes (off-camera) to make sure it's not hopped out an airlock, the show loses the 'stargate' title, and retains 'universe' - a rather vauge concept, with lots of space we don't seem capable of getting at.

of course, it's only one issue - but it IS an issue which could easily have put many people off the show, leading to the cancellation.

i do agree that with only 3 episodes left, it's not a big deal anymore. it's just a shame that the titular character was shoved into storage often enough to contribute toward us having only 3 epis left.
                      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

In this show its more about the characters for season 1 and 2, the story would probably have revolved more around the gate more in season 3, season 4 and 5 would have been majority, wise about the ship.

We really cant bash it when the whole story isnt even finished !

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          In this show its more about the characters for season 1 and 2, the story would probably have revolved more around the gate more in season 3, season 4 and 5 would have been majority, wise about the ship.

We really cant bash it when the whole story isnt even finished !

N.C
                          I agree...it took a lot to get me to watch the 2nd half of the 1st season...but I'm glad I did...and I enjoyed season 2.
                          sigpic

Comment

Makes me wonder how many eps for S3 were slated to use the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Makes me wonder how many eps for S3 were slated to use the gate.
                              Based on the previews for the last three episodes, I'm pretty sure this issue would have to have been resolved within the first one or two episodes of season three.

Comment

Maybe not but I'd hate to think of the idea that they won't use it as freely as they'd should/could for the remaining episodes. And anyway even outside of that, this plot device was wrote when they thought that there would be a 3rd season.
                                New season = New galaxy.

I don't see any potential problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X