No announcement yet.

Spare part and tools at Novus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before the people on Novis died out could they have had the technology to dial Destiny from their planet? Even if Destiny was some distance from them?

Comment

stargeek,

Originally posted by stargeek123 View Post
      Even Eli could have taken his Iphone with him. Imagine with version of the Iphone they could have been on by now.
      First, as others have pointed out it will take a very, very, long time for Novus to have the capacity to build tech like an Iphone even if they have one and someone who understands how it operates. Second, there's no guarantee Novus is rich or even has the materials necessary to reproduce something like an Iphone, or if it does that those materials are nearby and easily accessable to a society that will be using pickaxes (as best) to do its mining for quite a long time.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

About Rush, he did not go to the colony, there no Kino footage of him as far as we know, he always avoids Eli attempts to film him.

It not hard to imagine that with all the other names in there history having faces attach that Rush with half the crew hating him evolve more as a legion and myth hated and feared by one side love by the other over the centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
          Sorry if I have missed the point, but people don't see these figure as demonic. They see them as historical figures. I don't know anyone who would look at them and fear them for any other reason than genuine fear, noting mythical of demonic. Unless I have missed something or your point??
          The point was, people's view changes through history, even with knowledge known.

And I think that it is a possibility one or two of them could have taken a lap top with them. Though I did just do a re-watch and the only piece of tech I could see them taking through the gate was the Kino and remote. At the most they may have taken a flash drive or something in their pockets, but I don't know.

Is there any way to do a 3 way kind of stone communication?

If they picked up the extra stones from Destiny, I like the idea of them leaving one of the pad things and a stone or two with the folks on Novus if they find anyone so that they could contact people on Earth and talk about heir technology.
          I could have sworn i saw a few backpacks..

About Rush, he did not go to the colony, there no Kino footage of him as far as we know, he always avoids Eli attempts to film him.
          True, there is that..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            The point was, people's view changes through history, even with knowledge known.

I could have sworn i saw a few backpacks..

True, there is that..
            Yeah but we never think of a real figure as some mythical person do we? unles obviously some mythical figures DID actually exist and now we just assume they were mythical, but I suppose we can't get into that.

And no, I just rewatched because I thought they had packs and stuff but I didn't see any. Even the bag Eli had with him at the start of the scene was put down and not picked up again. Only people to have anything storage wise were the military and that was only things like their jackets, no bags or packs or anything.

Comment

Traylormatt,

If they picked up the extra stones from Destiny, I like the idea of them leaving one of the pad things and a stone or two with the folks on Novus if they find anyone so that they could contact people on Earth and talk about heir technology.
              And talking to the Romans/Chinese/or other civilaztions 2000 years ago about their technology would have helped the newly stranded crew, how? Additionally, until the Stones are discovered by the SG teams how will the stranded crew on Novus communicate with Earth even if they have the stones?
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Ser,

I meant today. So say if there are people still alive and well on Novus today. Not 2000 years ago. You know, in that dust covered city. I just thought it could be nice if they left a stone and a pad with them so they could talk to people on earth, all in the year 2011 not back in time.

Because when we went onto the twin destiny, they may have grabbed the extra set of stones that would be there you know.

Comment

Because when we went onto the twin destiny, they may have grabbed the extra set of stones that would be there you know.
                  Good thinking. I've was never thought that they will take those stones set while everyone was in hurry getting spare parts in a very short time.

If they use this set of stones, I think they will connected to our current timeline of SGC. SGC will tell them they was lost contact with the destiny after getting ready to make a connection with the destiny gate and Telford never arrive there.

Comment

Yeah but we never think of a real figure as some mythical person do we? unles obviously some mythical figures DID actually exist and now we just assume they were mythical, but I suppose we can't get into that.

And no, I just rewatched because I thought they had packs and stuff but I didn't see any. Even the bag Eli had with him at the start of the scene was put down and not picked up again. Only people to have anything storage wise were the military and that was only things like their jackets, no bags or packs or anything.
                    I rewatched it myself last night.. i stand corrected on what was taken.

Comment

Working...
                    X