This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
    I don't want to hear anyone TORRENT SGU, this shows is worth the money!
    for the record i purchase the hd itunes versions and will DEFINITELY grab the full season when its out

Comment

I am pretty sure that since Crew #2 had to get off of Destiny then TJ & Varro probably would have never grown to like each other as they do now

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
        for the record i purchase the hd itunes versions and will DEFINITELY grab the full season when its out
        Same here. I like the way the hd versions look on iTunes, and hopefully the full season comes out on blu ray. I prefer bd to dvd. I don't care about owning the episode twice, the dvds/bds usually have extras on them that make it worth it.
        sigpic

Comment

i got this feeling that Rush knew more about what was going on than he led on.

Comment

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
            i kinda did too. i'm interested to find out what his deal is THIS time. i almost had the feeling he was alt-rush, what with the way he was acting.

Comment

Something doesn't sit well with me... This is the third (as far as we know) generation of the Stargate with the Milky Way & Asgard galaxy being the first generation and Pegasus as the second...

We've seen multiple times of the gate surviving massive explosions, being shot at... having an Alkesh crash into it... and so on... But a single drone can destroy a Naquadah gate just by 1 shot?!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                i kinda did too. i'm interested to find out what his deal is THIS time. i almost had the feeling he was alt-rush, what with the way he was acting.
                Rush is a moody b**ch sometimes. I was really confused by his actions on the bridge when Wray tried to introduce him. It's like he was hardcore dodging. Even when Eli first proposed the theory that the other Destiny crew was sent back in time, there was this closeup shot of Rush with a look on his face as if the others were getting closer to a truth he was hoping they'd never find out. And it just seems odd that all this fascinating stuff is happening and Rush carries on not only uninterested, but seemingly anti. Strange to say the least. I'd like to think we'll get more on this next episode.

Comment

That was a great episode. Only thing that didn't ring true was that the language they spoke hadn't evolved into something a little different from english in 2000 years.

Comment

time for the annually rush VS young fight
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      time for the annually rush VS young fight
                      Haha! Tis the season. We're due for a 3rd round of headbutting and it's Young's turn. Rush dealt the last one in Greater Good.

Comment

Sigh....

Ok, I can see why some of you like this episode.

For those who like space battles - you got drones buzzing and shooting.

For those who lamented the lack of use of the gates - you got gates.

But, overall as a story and as fiction, IMO it lacked the necessary cohesion and believability. And I'm not talking about the time travel (as much as a cop-out that is for story writers.)

Let me ask you all a question: how many of you could build a house from scratch, without tools? Or, how many of you could even make a barrel (complete with metal bands), from scratch?

And so on.

Yes, the crew was well educated, but except for military survival training most of them wouldn't have the skills (forget the theoretical knowledge about physics and math - much of it wouldn't be of much use) to build anything more than the most primitive of medieval villages - there just wouldn't be enough laborers.

Indeed, that was the whole lesson from the Faith planet. Those people died because they couldn't even survive a single year because of simple seasonal changes, on a planet designed (apparently) to be habitable.

Again, there just aren't enough bodies on Destiny to found a civilization much beyond a stone age village.

And then of course there is the whole static language problem.

Oh, and the idea that a single source of Chinese genetic material (Ray) could be enough so people 2000 years later (about 60 to 70 generations) would have distinct "racial" differences so some could clearly look Chinese and others not... no, sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Sigh...

Comment

Rush has mixed feelings about all of this. He's probably relieved in his own crazy way that his alternate self didn't kill the crew when the wormhole disengaged and is upset to know a portion of the crew's descendants think of him as a demon.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                            That was a great episode. Only thing that didn't ring true was that the language they spoke hadn't evolved into something a little different from english in 2000 years.
                            Yeah, that's sort of classic SG, though. The fact that Matt was actually surprised that they knew english was unusual for Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                              Sigh....

Ok, I can see why some of you like this episode.

For those who like space battles - you got drones buzzing and shooting.

For those who lamented the lack of use of the gates - you got gates.

But, overall as a story and as fiction, IMO it lacked the necessary cohesion and believability. And I'm not talking about the time travel (as much as a cop-out that is for story writers.)

Let me ask you all a question: how many of you could build a house from scratch, without tools? Or, how many of you could even make a barrel (complete with metal bands), from scratch?

And so on.

Yes, the crew was well educated, but except for military survival training most of them wouldn't have the skills (forget the theoretical knowledge about physics and math - much of it wouldn't be of much use) to build anything more than the most primitive of medieval villages - there just wouldn't be enough laborers.

Indeed, that was the whole lesson from the Faith planet. Those people died because they couldn't even survive a single year because of simple seasonal changes, on a planet designed (apparently) to be habitable.

Again, there just aren't enough bodies on Destiny to found a civilization much beyond a stone age village.
                              hmm, 2000 years is a long time

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                                hmm, 2000 years is a long time
                                HAHAHA, exactly!!

I think people could figure out how to make a house in 10 years when FORCED to do it. I think people would get past sticks and stones in 2000 years as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X