Eli Was Ticked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No she didn't. It was only her life she risked. That alcohol was already used before Chloe made her decision
    I know people think very little of Greer, but that's just mean. Or did I miss the episode where Greer is also immune?

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      I may have missed something, but what does scurvy have to do with anything? Is Chloe a vitamin-C black hole?
      Booze equals food. Do the math. Or at least helps with the hunger pains.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
        I know people think very little of Greer, but that's just mean. Or did I miss the episode where Greer is also immune?
        No one was forcing Greer to stay behind. He choose to risk his life. Just like Chloe.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Booze equals food. Do the math. Or at least helps with the hunger pains.
          But....scurvy is a vitamin-C deficiency. I just don't get what you mean is all.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            And it shows she will do what she wants, regardless of others.. Ignoring the order for all crew to get back to the ship..
            Which Scott, Greer, Rush, Young, TJ and literally EVERY other SG1, SGA and SGU character has done before. This cannot possibly be a sticking point for someone to hold up against Chloe as a major grievance.

As now she knows that chloe only gives a hoot about herself.. wanting to stay (ignoring those on ship who could depend on her) to stay with someone who was almost dead.
            This part does not square with the following:

EXCUSE ME?? What about the whole of him putting his ass on the line to save her, carry her and care for her, even when the ship was going to hell in a handbasket.
            Why is it okay for Eli to take care of Chloe and help save her life, but it's not okay for Chloe to try and save Scott's life? I seem to remember that in Incursion, people were wondering where Eli was and his help certainly could have been used (i.e. ship "was going to hell in a handbasket"). How "selfish" of him to worry about only Chloe rather than the rest of the crew.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Worse than just a 'friendzone. Remember the comment she made to him when she thought she was going to die
              "You feel like my friendship is a consolation prize'.. Well how the heck do you think this will now make him feel/?
              I almost forgot about that line. Having a friendship as a consolation prize to love is a first-class ticket to unrequited love hell. The only way out is a clear, clean emotional break. I'm glad the incident with Chloe took place. It's a chance for Eli to finally be free.

As a character Eli's worth far more than pining away for someone who doesn't love him. As it was, he was metaphorically bashing his head against the wall and expecting the wall to cave in. He was getting nowhere waiting around for her and it's about damn time did something about it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                I almost forgot about that line. Having a friendship as a consolation prize to love is a first-class ticket to unrequited love hell. The only way out is a clear, clean emotional break. I'm glad the incident with Chloe took place. It's a chance for Eli to finally be free.

As a character Eli's worth far more than pining away for someone who doesn't love him. As it was, he was metaphorically bashing his head against the wall and expecting the wall to cave in. He was getting nowhere waiting around for her and it's about damn time did something about it.
                I actually agree. While I never agreed with those that thought Chloe was leading Eli on, I'm very happy to see a really clear-cut action by Chloe that really solidified where she stood with regards to Eli. It was an interesting scene, and I want to see Eli stop pining over her as well and (imho) hopefully be content with being friends with her...eventually, if not right away.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

I actually agree. While I never agreed with those that thought Chloe was leading Eli on, I'm very happy to see a really clear-cut action by Chloe that really solidified where she stood with regards to Eli. It was an interesting scene, and I want to see Eli stop pining over her as well and (imho) hopefully be content with being friends with her...eventually, if not right away.
                  I don't begrudge Chloe and Scott their relationship. It seems like they're starting to have true commitment. So in my opinion, they can knock themselves out with each other all they want—which they have. With regards to Eli's position in this, there are some situations where a guy simply cannot be "just friends" with a woman if he loves her that much. It is possible to settle for a friendship instead of romance with some women, but not others. As long as he views the friendship as a consolation prize and he keeps holding that freakin' torch for her, quietly hoping for something more, he'll do nothing but emotionally torture himself. And frankly as a person, Eli is worth FAR more than something like that. He just needs to realize his own worth romantically speaking.

It took being friendzoned only twice (and both of those are now far behind me, 12 years ago) for me to know the truth behind all of this. If he has any wisdom whatsoever, Eli will just stay the hell away from Chloe and Scott and start strengthening his ties with other people in the crew.
                  Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 27 October 2010, 11:24 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Worse than just a 'friendzone. Remember the comment she made to him when she thought she was going to die
                    "You feel like my friendship is a consolation prize'.. Well how the heck do you think this will now make him feel/?
                    If i was eli, i would shun her.. even if she wanted to dump scott for me..
                    To a number of us, it seems she has at times led him on with the belief he might have a chance...
                    I don't think that people who have this kind of mindset have ever been in the opposite position. I've had some outright beautiful friends (female friends - I'm male) try to hit me up for a date, who I had suspected might be attracted to me, but who - for all of their beauty and as much as I adored them - I just did not see as anything but friends. I just didn't feel any sort of "spark" and dreaded their ever bringing it up.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to turn down a big part of your social circle, who you genuinely enjoy having as a friend, without it getting weird/losing the friendship/fragmenting the entire group of friends, and without making every woman within a hundred mile radius try to kill you on sight? You can't just laugh in their face and say "there is no chance of us ever hooking up, so give up now" - and yet hints/gentle nudges are often not enough for them to drop that torch they're carrying.

As for the leading on...

One of my female friends likes to do sneaky poke- or tickle-attacks. Another does this really relaxing pressure-release thing at certain points on my hands, neck, and so on. I trade not-just-shoulder massages with certain (single) friends. I've offered my shoulder/chest as a pillow when sharing a backseat with female friends at the end of a late night out or a long road trip. I routinely offer up my sweaters/jackets (or they just snatch them, the brats), and some of these girls seem to have an outright obsession with snuggling up and smelling like every part of said sweaters/jackets while wearing them (I have no idea what that's all about - freaks me out, I don't smell anything!). And of course playful banter + hugs are the norm.

Seriously, how else are you supposed to act with friends? Chloe/Eli haven't even come close to that, or how most male/female friends act. Friends are friends, you don't stand 10 feet away or limit discussions to the weather, you get close.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Was it just me or did y'all see that look Eli gave Chloe when she went and got herself stung to stay on the planet and attempt to save Scott's life? It was cold! Why do you all think he was so mad?

I have a few theories:
                      -Thought his best friend was going to die
                      -Thought his love interest was going to die
                      -With that sacrificial act she truly chose Scott over Eli (would die for Scott)

What do you think?
                      This episode basically proved that Chloe is completely insane. Run for the hills Scott buddy, you run for the hills and take Eli with you. As the more experienced guy it's your brotherly duty to save him to.

She's apparently the type of girl that'll threaten to kill herself if you break up with her because she "can't live without you", only she's also apparently actually stupid enough to try and go through with it.

No way do I buy that she only did it because she knew she'd be immune. Even if that occurred to her beforehand it's still way past the normal threshold of sanity to gamble with one's life like that, and it's something that Scott himself, or even Rush, would never in a million years have wanted or expected her to do, which is why she snuck off to do it in secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                        This episode basically proved that Chloe is completely insane. Run for the hills Scott buddy, you run for the hills and take Eli with you. As the more experienced guy it's your brotherly duty to save him to.

She's apparently the type of girl that'll threaten to kill herself if you break up with her because she "can't live without you", only she's also apparently actually stupid enough to try and go through with it.

No way do I buy that she only did it because she knew she'd be immune. Even if that occurred to her beforehand it's still way past the normal threshold of sanity to gamble with one's life like that, and it's something that Scott himself, or even Rush, would never in a million years have wanted or expected her to do, which is why she snuck off to do it in secret.
                        I must have missed that in the episode where she would die so not to lose a boyfriend. I mean can't be possibly related to Scott death. Its clearly about a breakup
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

So much Chloe hate in this thread .... its going to collapse into a black hole soon.

Comment

But....scurvy is a vitamin-C deficiency. I just don't get what you mean is all.
                            And how do you get a vitamin-C deficiency? By not eating properly. What's the crew of Destiny having for dinner? (hardly worth sitting down)

Or did I miss the episode where there was a box of vitamins in the expedition supplies that made it to Destiny? For all we know, none of the food sources beyond expedition supplies has any vitamin-C in it. And most of the hydroponics plants are not normally associated with high levels of vitamin-C. Carrots, lettuce, tomato, ??? Not exactly an orange grove or lemon or grapefruit. So I fail to see where scurvy doesn't apply. Brody's booze helps because a) takes the edge off of the pain from starving, and b) slows the metabolism. But it's all gone up in flames now. Thanks Chloe, your blue party movement closed the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
                              I'm always shocked by the sort of vitriol and intense bias that gets tossed Chloe's way.
                              One of the cardinal rules of relationships is that if you want to date a girl, ask her out; if you want to be her friend, become her friend. Don't become her friend and then wonder why you're just her friend, while the guy who asked for (and got) a relationship is dating her. That's like going to a pizza shop, asking for a salad, and then wondering why you got a salad instead of a pizza.
                              I just wish we could have a conversation about Eli/Chloe where a third of the posts do not have thinly-conceiled hatred for the attractive woman who isn't willing to ditch a man she loves in favor of a nerdy admirer.
                              It's sad sort of that I;m no longer shocked by that hatred, and what it just may say about the actual real life women out there that aren't tv characters. I know if someone hated me I wouldn't want much to do with them either

Pizza. Green, my friend. Heaps and heaps of green

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Chloe is one of those characters who is damed if she does and damn if she doesn't. No matter the action it seems some section finds her actions unimaginable
                              it really is unfortunate because she's certainly proving to be pretty damned interesting. I've liked her from the moment she beat the stuffing out of Rush, and REALLY liked her since Justice when she stood up to Wray. I often wonder what she could do that people wouldn't hate her for? Ah well, there's always fanfic, where if stuff doesn't work out the way you want it to, you can change it I wonder if that creates any happiness with her as a character though?

...nothing Chloe ever does will be good enough. ...
                              it's an incredibly unrealistic and downright unhealthy way to look at people and beautiful women seem to get that treatment a lot.

EXCUSE ME?? What about the whole of him putting his ass on the line to save her, carry her and care for her, even when the ship was going to hell in a handbasket.
                              that's what we do for our friends
                              it's not something that's owed, and real friends wouldn't rack it up like a debt

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                              So much Chloe hate in this thread .... its going to collapse into a black hole soon.
                              amen
                              it is pretty enlightening though
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

And how do you get a vitamin-C deficiency? By not eating properly. What's the crew of Destiny having for dinner? (hardly worth sitting down)

Or did I miss the episode where there was a box of vitamins in the expedition supplies that made it to Destiny? For all we know, none of the food sources beyond expedition supplies has any vitamin-C in it. And most of the hydroponics plants are not normally associated with high levels of vitamin-C. Carrots, lettuce, tomato, ??? Not exactly an orange grove or lemon or grapefruit. So I fail to see where scurvy doesn't apply. Brody's booze helps because a) takes the edge off of the pain from starving, and b) slows the metabolism. But it's all gone up in flames now. Thanks Chloe, your blue party movement closed the bar.
                                Which is pointless since alcohol does nothing for lack of vitamin C.

And the alcohol was already used when Chloe made her decision so its wrong to blame her for its use. Lets blame Scott. He was the one who got infected
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X