Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Young permanently damaged his relationship w/Scott by his actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's keep the spoilers out of thread titles please
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I suspect the primary advantage of having Scott and Chloe quarantined is to give them time to be alone and do what two people do when they're alone...

Spoiler:
      talk about their feelings and where they see their relationship going and all that sort of stuff

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
        Has Young permanently damaged his relationship with Scott by so coldly and cavalierly placing them both in quarantine?

The last interchange between Young and Scott and Chloe was particularly telling. Young appeared clearly upset and angry that Chloe’s blood had been used to save Scott. Instead of being relieved he was cold and formal when he notified them that they would both be placed in indefinite quarantine. Young was incredibly short sighted to treat Scott in this fashion. .
        I think Scott's opinion would have been tarnished if young had NOT done that, after he DID quaranteen chloe last ep.

Young has every right to be mad here, considering Chloe evidently knew about her infection and didn't say anything.
        And has spread it to someone else..

You would prefer one compromised person and one dead second in command?
        YES>

Scott is a military office and completely understands putting the safety of the ship and crew ahead of him own, he will not be upset.
        Yup. AS military scott will understand (though i know plenty of people who DO understand the mil way, but don't accept it)...

As to the morality of Chloe (and TJ) infecting Scott against his will, I say it was the right decision, given the choices at the time.
        I disagree, as this might now provide 2 compromised folk to assist an enemy in overrunning the ship.

Young made the right call and for once he did NOT seem unraveled!

1)He gave direct orders to come home instead, Chloe pulled an incredibly risky stunt and almost caused them to abandon Greer, Scott, and Chloe

2)He doesn't know how this will pan out and wants to be able to observe them

3)Chloe, once again due to her defiance, may have infected his friend and officer
        I am surprised he did NOT go off on her ass for being a disobediant bstrd...

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
          Young made the right call and for once he did NOT seem unraveled!

1)He gave direct orders to come home instead, Chloe pulled an incredibly risky stunt and almost caused them to abandon Greer, Scott, and Chloe

2)He doesn't know how this will pan out and wants to be able to observe them

3)Chloe, once again due to her defiance, may have infected his friend and officer

Young is pissed at Chloe, and is made about that, it's clear by the way he says "Ms. Armstrong can explain that." Scott thinks Young is mad at him, and is confused/hurt. Young also knows that he has to put them in isolation to keep an eye on them and make sure Scott doesn't die from the transfusion or otherwise mutate. Good call, and good acting
          Young's relationship with Scott has pretty much been:

Young gives an order, right or wrong.
          An event proves Young one way or the other.
          IF wrong, Young: "oh shi...I'm sorry son"
          IF right, Young: "don't question me again"

Young tries his hardest to maintain professional detachment but the lines get blurred when he's angry. From his perspective, I'm sure their relationship is fine, and if nothing else, professional.

On the flip side, Young's relationship with Scott may be up in the air, since he has to defend his lady's virtue and all that stuff you'd expect white knights, boy scouts and Superman to do.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I am surprised he did NOT go off on her ass for being a disobediant bstrd...
            After a decade of watching Jackson use the "I'm not in your chain'o'command" excuse? I'm sure Jack's reports have whole appendices dedicated to whining about Jackson's insubordination

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post

Young is pissed at Chloe, and is made about that, it's clear by the way he says "Ms. Armstrong can explain that." Scott thinks Young is mad at him, and is confused/hurt. Young also knows that he has to put them in isolation to keep an eye on them and make sure Scott doesn't die from the transfusion or otherwise mutate. Good call, and good acting
              Eh...It was either that or Scott would have been left behind to die, as Young was planning to do all along. I'm not sure Young is actually mad at Chloe, but I think he's a little unnerved to have two members of his team now (possibly) under alien influence. Rest assured, though, I'm sure he's glad Chloe saved his life.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                Eh...It was either that or Scott would have been left behind to die, as Young was planning to do all along. I'm not sure Young is actually mad at Chloe, but I think he's a little unnerved to have two members of his team now (possibly) under alien influence. Rest assured, though, I'm sure he's glad Chloe saved his life.
                Young had already accepted that his officer would die in combat (sort of combat, more in the field). Yes, he is glad his officer is saved, but those were not his orders.
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth View Post
                  Since Chloe was obviously not cured by the chair, I got the impression that Young put two-and-two together and realized that Chloe and likely Rush had lied to him. Which is why he was a bit gruff.
                  I think that's a good call, especially as Young now has to wonder if, like other people that have been lost, that Scott is now compromised because of the actions of Chloe and possibly Rush.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

As the amazing guys of the Gateworld Podcast recently pointed out....they should WANT to be under quarantine. I don't think Scott will hold it against Young at all. I do agree with others here, that he will be mad at Chloe. It could be an unfounded anger, blah blah blah she saved his life....But really, I think that possibly changing into a 'something else' would be more scary to him than dying on that planet. Look at how creepy it was when Chloe turned her face on her wedding day, and was half alien. It freaked him out. At the very end, she was holding his hand. Not the other way around.
                    sigpic
                    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I guess most of you didn't watch preview for the next episode? It looks like Lt.Scott
                      Spoiler:
                      takes a swing at Col Young in the next episode. So to the OP... your conclusions are fairly accurate and I'm guessing you missed the preview too?
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 28 October 2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

spoilers, man, spoilers!
                        I;m some have watched the preview (I have) but some are likely trying to avoid the spoilers (and there shouldn't be any spoilers past this episode anyway)
                        taggety tag tag tag!
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Please tag all spoilers for upcoming episodes.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                            I think Young made a mistake, not in placing them in isolation (that's probably for the best, at least temporarily), but for being such a dick about it. Dude needs some people skills.
                            i agree, the way he said it was pretty cold. and at that point scott didn't even know that chloe was still effected. i understand him saying it that way to chloe but scott didn't do anything.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
                              I guess most of you didn't watch preview for the next episode? It looks like Lt.Scott
                              Spoiler:
                              takes a swing at Col Young in the next episode. So to the OP... your conclusions are fairly accurate and I'm guessing you missed the preview too?
                              Yes I didn't watch it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I agree that quarantine is absolutely necessary until they can determine whether or not Scott was effected by Chloe's blood, however Young should have approached the situation differently. Something like "I'm glad you've recovered, but since you've been potentially infected by an alien virus you need to be placed in quarantine." Other than his approach to the situation, however, Young made the right call. Unless Scott can be cleared of any infection not quarantining him would put the rest of the crew at risk.
                                sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Working...
                                X