Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Chloe donate blood to Scott ??!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
    Blood for the Blood Wizard!
    Ah! A follower of Khorne!
    One Ring to rule the Dark Side
    sigpic
    Sith Nazghul

Comment

To what end would the question have been raised. I'd be willing to wager the blood transfusion has more far reaching plot implications than this episode, so it was going to happen one way or another. If they had brought it up, someone would have started nearly the same thread as this one, but with a "how convenient" twist.

Minor detail, no bearing on the plot unless they were going to use it to kill off Scott.

Comment

I don't think it was a blood transfusion, it's more like an blue alien organism transfusion.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

They don't need the "Blood" just whatever makes she cure herself.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Yeah, it's whatever is in her blood. That's what I meant.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
              Matching a donor's blood type and a patient's blood is critical in transfusions.
              If someone with type A blood receives type B, he may have a severe hemolytic reaction.
              This can destroy many of his red cells and quickly kill him.
              While blood-typing and cross matching are now routine, errors do occur.
              Every year people die of hemolytic reactions
              She probably just had O RHD negative, which is the universal blood type that anyone can have.

An if they were planning to use her immunity from the alien infection then surely that would required the isolate the exact immune response from Chloe blood.

Comment

You just have to ignore it. Stargate (and a lot of TV shows for that matter) has always been terrible when it comes to medicine.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm guessing that either they had compatible blood types, or the infection cured any side effect. Either way though they really should have pointed it out I think.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    I'm guessing that either they had compatible blood types, or the infection cured any side effect. Either way though they really should have pointed it out I think.
                    I couldn't have said it better!

Comment

ABO aren't the only antigens that need to be crossmatched, and since they transfused whole blood I doubt a severe hemolytic reaction would not occur. Lotsa and lotsa blood proteins can act as antigens.

Comment

Originally posted by blueintegraboy View Post
                        ABO aren't the only antigens that need to be crossmatched, and since they transfused whole blood I doubt a severe hemolytic reaction would not occur. Lotsa and lotsa blood proteins can act as antigens.
                        That's where the alien stuff in her system comes in.

Comment

They're both the same blood type: BLUE

It was probably more of an INFECT, than a transference of blood. They just needed a quantity to infect quickly. I didn't really see any vein to vein stuff, although it was implied.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            I've long ago given up on the accuracy of medical aspects on Stargate, as the writers do what they want. And yes, a tossaway line would have meant this thread would be moot, but it wasn't done, so we can come here and quibble

Comment

So much for a more realistic series. But it is a science fiction show. So I really think it is a moot point to have to be explained. Sometimes we just have to use our imagination.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                You just have to ignore it. Stargate (and a lot of TV shows for that matter) has always been terrible when it comes to medicine.
                                going with this ^^
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X