This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    But yeah felt like The Changelling all they way. Actually it was exactly like the Changeling. Think about it...
    really? I hated that episode. One of the worst I saw on SG-1
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

yes totally boring... just waiting for the miracle at the end. ive loved this show until this ep... but can we get a different ep format, not so super drastic til a miracle end or cliffhanger where preview solves last ep issue.

discover **** in /about the ship that wont be dangerous or fatal

Comment

I loved how this episode was in the vein of The Changeling. One of the best episodes of SG-1 IMO, so it was nice to see them take a similar tack here without just retreading. Sure, this was in no small way just waiting to see how Chloe's 'condition' would save the day in the last few minutes, but it was an entertaining ride!

I loved the little '50s/Eureka-esque town, particularly the wide angle shot of the bus pulling into town near the beginning. The evil plants were a lovely re-take on giant plants not really seen since Zero Hour or even One False Step. And the make-up on Scott's arm, good god. EW

There was also a lot of hilarious stuff in this one, this is the first SGU ep that I've largely laughed through. The blatant MGM self-promotion was a riot, I loved that Brody owned the bar in town, I got a huge kick out of James as the hot ex-girlfriend waitress at the bachelor party, I was pleased to see LDP again, and oh man....I freaking howled at Rush in cowboy boots
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i like how you assume everyone is disappointed, when i thought this one delivered what i was expecting, i enjoyed watching a alternate destiny crew, it was funny, and the switching from the dream to real-life and back was well done, what i really liked was the fact that they didnt take the entire episode leaving you wondering why this happening, like in "the real world" or other episodes.
          Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

Summary

Scott: Oh yay I am so happy to be back!
            Greer: ITS A DREAM!
            Scott: Oh goodie I can't wait
            (gets off bus)
            Scott: Oh theres dad! Hey-
            Brody: Dammit If I hit another hooker......

Scott: HOLY CRAP get it off me!!!!
            Rush: What happened?
            Greer: Some alien root tree thing lured him in here by saying he would tell him "Some Card tricks"
            TJ: Works everytime......
            Scott: ughhhhh

Young: Why are you lieing down in the middle of the road?
            Greer: he got hit
            Brody: Ok lets put her in the trunk no on- oh it's just Scott...sorry.
            Eli: Oh cool thats so going on Youtube.
            Young: Oh well, shame you didn't finish the job brody......he is marrying CHLOE.

Scott: I was expecting a drunk party so I could for one moment forget I was marrying her
            Greer: Guess who said it was a bad idea......
            Young: Frankly son, you stand up to these things, drinking only gives you beer goggles, that is how you were born.
            Chloe: O hello, SCOTT YOU BETTER HAVE A PRESENT FOR ME
            Scott: Oh I better faint...........oh i feel dro- (Faints)

Young: What? Why isn't he telling us those card tricks too
            Rush: HE GOT BITTEN
            Young: Temper temper, what do you need?
            Rush: Every drug you have plus a chainsaw so we can take a piece of him back each like souveneirs.

Scott: eh what happened?
            Young: You fainted convieniently just as she was about to mention how she stole some money from your offshore acc-
            Greer: Let him find out later
            Chloe: O hai, here I made you a haggis sandwich.

Scott: Do we seriously have to see an MGM movie? They all suck
            Malozzi: SHUT UP dammit go with the script.
            Movie Dude: Oh god ITS KILLING ME! MY GUTS JUST GOT SPILLED OUT TO THE LEFT OF ME!!!!!!
            Chloe: Oh my gawd this is awesome
            Scott: I'm out

Chloe: You are such a wussy
            Scott: What I just hate MGM films...
            Volker: Sup my home boys Mr V is here, me boy Brody has a spot for a drunk frat party tonight.
            Scott: ........
            Volker: I was trying to be cool.......

Brody: Sup......
            Scott: What?
            Brody: A rapist is behind you.....
            Everyone: SURPRISE
            Scott: DUDE seriously?
            Brody: If it were me behind you I would be correct...hehehehehehehe
            Young: LETS GET WASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plant Things: Come to usssssssss.....we want to plaay
            Rush: Dammit they are being more tempting guys.... Whats our status?
            TJ: Nothing worked.
            *Rush gets out a chainsaw and Greers eyes turn to diamonds*
            TJ: No no no
            Greer: I WANT FIRST GO! Oh they those plant things are right behind us!!!!!

James: Hi i'm your wildest fantasy
            Scott: ..and then my mum said to me " I thought you were a gallstone when you were born"
            Young: I thought you were a girl *passes out*
            Scott: O hay wanna make out
            James: go away creep.

Scott: I love you
            Greer: .......
            Young: He was like this all the time
            Telford: Hey guys WHOA!
            *Young has gun out*
            Young: This is a museum heist now drive!
            Greer: Um we aren't at a mus-
            Young: What ARE YOU DRUNK!?!
            Telford: Ok i'll drive.....Young put down the little water pistol...

Scott: Am I superman
            Telford: *Insert depressing speech here*
            Young: WOW
            Greer: WOW
            Telford: I know I amaze myself sometimes

Greer: Ok TJ LET HER RIP!
            TJ: Oh dear he has purple blood
            Greer: So?
            Eli: Yeah lets cut him anyway
            Greer: Ok 3 hours till we got to go, ill go get 11ty flame throwers

Scott: Ugh why am I half naked
            Chloe: If I told you what I did to you I would have to kill you.

Young: How is Ernie going?
            Park: SCOTT is getting infected like mad, he will die
            Young: Well lets have a party.

Scott: I want to marry you
            Rush: Dammit me man get in here
            Scott: Are you Reverend Rush
            Rush: Yessir I am now PRAISE THE LAWD 50 TIMES.
            Scott: What?
            Rush: Sorry I was trying an Al Sharpton like persona, anyway what would you like
            Scott: To get married
            Rush: *cough* idiot *cough*
            Scott: Yeah I know......
            Rush: Who to?
            Scott: Chloe
            Rush: I'll do your damn service as long as you promise never to come back, you are insane for marrying her.

Plant Thing 1: Hey Greer I love you *ACK!*
            Greer: You are the third plant to say that!
            TJ: Yes Sir?
            Young: Send all the useless drones back
            TJ: Yes si-
            Young: That means you too
            TJ:..........
            Chloe: DAMMIT SCOTT this is a pathetic excuse to get away from me I AM NOT LEAVING.
            TJ: Eww you got planty mucus on you GREER!
            Greer: Which mucus you want me to burn? Chloe or the plant?

Eli: Now can we go over the rules about my sister
            Scott: You can cork it
            Eli: But-
            Scott: I know, dont have dirty sex, no un-religious stuff or you will get Rush to driveby my house and do his work.
            Eli: *smugface*

Chloe: HA now I infected myself YOU ARENT GETTING AWAY FROM ME SCOTT!!!!! HAHAHAHA
            Eli: Wacko........

TJ: Hi
            Scott: Oh can I marry you instead
            TJ: Sorry i'm already your fathers mistress
            Young: *Sexy Smirk*

Greer: BURN YOU ALL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
            Dude no1: I'm out
            Dude no2: Bye scott we will miss you, Chloe please don't come back.

Scott: I don't want to die......
            Young: IF you mean get married, word....
            Scott: I hate her....she sucks....
            Young: Does she happen to blo-
            Scott: You already have one mistress.......

TJ: Oh dear her blood is ok, oh well good luck with dieing
            Chloe: But Matt was in agony
            Rush: Hahaha oh god I will be- yes I must, ok do a blood transfusion it will save scott *snicker*

Rush: Now I'm a man of few words, but PRAISE THE LAWD and everyone SIT THE HELL DOWN.

Greer: OK TJ and Rush run away, I will deal with these things myself
            Rush: Oh wow a 3 in one deal, how could I get so lucky, GOODBYE!

Organism: NOOOOOOO im melting
            Scott: Oh thank god and I was just about to get married.

Young: Sup guys, firstly, Greer get yourself cleaned, secondly I have bad news
            Scott: ??
            Young: Turns out chloe still had herpes, you are now infected too, congratulations!

CLIFFHANGER
            Tst

Comment

I fast forwarded through the entire middle section. Only saw about 15 minutes of the entire episode but I didn't miss a thing and guessed the ending to boot.

This episode is so bad it gives crap a bad name. Please don't reuse plots, it's like using your old english essay for another class but with the same teacher you had last semester. They just might notice.
              Last edited by Franklyn Blaze; 26 October 2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I actually found this a bit underwhelming
                Tst

Comment

This episode was pretty lame, even for a filler. If you have such a short fuse that one lame episodes stops you from watching an entire series, then CYA!

Comment

Why is that TPTB with SGU have to use gimmick's that waste an entire episode. The writers must be really struggling to come up with something that isn't basically a copy of any number of other scifi shows. Am I the only one that really misses Stargate and Atlantis?

If this means growing, then they already lost me with this new series. That all being said, I do hope it sticks around for a few seasons to see if it simply gets better.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

It was boring lame copy of a stargate episode with a less interesting hook.

Chloe's "cure" lasted all of 43 minutes... that was worth wasting an episode on.

I'm really getting tired of SGU right now.

Tim

Comment

You know what annoyed me the most about this episode? It wasn't that it wasted a plot element (now everyone knows the cure didn't work on chloe so we got all of 43 minutes of episode time for rush's grand plan) but that the writers are on a huge spaceship named destiny in season 2 and do this crap. The changling (the episode that this is a cheap annoying copy of) of SG-1 was in season 6 which is when the stories had to reach further and it had a great "surprise" at end that is that the reason for these hallucinations was them sharing a symbiote to keep bra`tac alive. This ending you could of seen from the other side of the galaxy.

Also... so... they had to rush on to destiny because the ikarris planet was about to explode so they took very little with them... very little and FLAMETHROWERS?

REALLY? FLAMETHROWERS? ... and fuel..

Idiotic.

This is why SGU is having so many problems. The "hook" of the show is they are on a ship millions of years old on other side of the galaxy and what they keep doing? Going to earth... eating dinner... having hallucinations about going to earth... having hallucinations about eating dinner at earth... It's like if neil armstrong took his first step on the moon and said "Does anyone know what rerun of lassie is playing at 6 tomorrow?"

Tim

Comment

UTTER UTTER GARBAGE!!!

seriously this show is getting caned by the critics and you put this in the line up?
                          get a grip, this show is becoming as pretentious as Pink Floyd.

FIX IT!
                          Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

That was s**t, dont know who wrote and directed this, but its not helping this series at all.

Im trying very hard, watching every week, trying to find positive things but i get disappointed every time.

The ship in sinking and im getting pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by timmciglobal View Post
                              Also... so... they had to rush on to destiny because the ikarris planet was about to explode so they took very little with them... very little and FLAMETHROWERS?

REALLY? FLAMETHROWERS? ... and fuel..

Idiotic.
                              How soon we forget. Greer made his own flamethrower back in "Water", remember? They didn't bring it with them.

The fuel I could see them bring, since that's useful stuff. Or maybe Destiny has its own form of fuel. Or they made it from offworld planets. Who knows.

It's interesting actually. The other invention in that episode, the Kinosled, was also featured in this episode, and Cloverdale and Water are the only episodes to feature these inventions.

Comment

I didn't like this episode, but who knows, maybe it'll get better with time. There are certain episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis that I didn't like the first time I saw it but it grew on me. That's always the case with certain sci-fi shows. I didn't like "The Shrine," when it first aired, but liked it after watching it again. In STDS9, I really disliked "Far Beyond the Stars" when it first aired, but I now really like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X