This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
    - No Ming-Na this week. Odd since they actually made her character interesting last episode, she got Eli's mum to the ship despite her desire to have something similar for herself. I hope her character develops further in this manner rather than her being the office type of S1.
    - Rush - "please tell me you didn't do this to keep a dying boy company" - genuine compassion from Rush or sadness he's loosing her 'power'? I actually thought the former and it was nice to see that side of Rush. Possibly my favourite line of the episode..
    It was odd that Wray was not there.. Heck i wonder what role in the town she would have had.
    As to Rush's comment, it did seem heartfelt when he said it. Maybe he was having regrets of how he 'did his wife'..

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
    The last interchange between Young and Scott and Chloe was particularly telling. Young appeared clearly upset and angry that Chloe’s blood had been used to save Scott. Instead of being relieved he was cold and formal when he notified them that they would both be placed in indefinite quarantine. Young was incredibly short sighted to treat Scott in this fashion. It was not his fault Chloe’s blood was used to save him considering the alternative was death. .
    Just cause it was not his fault that she had to infect him to save his life, does NOT negate the reason for placing him in quarenteen though. And as the commander that is where Young is coming from.

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
    The only reason Young feels the need to do is because Rush lied when he told him that Chloe was responsible for the command changes to the ship that he has covertly been implementing. Of course Young feels the need to lock them up. I don't think what she has actually done so far necessitates their being locked up. Chloe and Scott need to be watched I don't think they need to be quarantined.
    And how many times were the SG1 teams infected with something that they had, which did NOT do much to them (in bad ways)<,but they were STILL quarantined? DOES NOT matter if you have done anything to deserve it or not. THAT YOU are infected does.

Comment

I thought it was a good episode, cause it changes allot of relationthings later on in the show... Eli thinking about what the hell Chloe was thinking. Scott realizing that Chloe is dead serious about their relationship eventhough he is also now infected with whatever she has and might change him as well. So we might get some superheroes in SGU if they can break the unconscious deeds.

Comment

Not a bad episode, but it has too much dreaming. Scott's psychoanalysis could be done in half the time. As dreamlike-Eli said, Scott is not that deep. Waitress Vanessa and Rush-in-Boots were the best dreamed scenes. Real world was more interesting. I hope the ending will have severe consequences. Also, what happens now that the crew have discovered Chloe is still infected? She was supposed to help Rush. If she does not, then previous episode's ending was pointless... or not if she confesses she had a deal with Rush!
        Last edited by Lainier; 29 October 2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lainier View Post
          Not a bad episode, but it has too much dreaming.
          I usually dislike these kinds of episodes, in any series! Reality is always so much better. Or the hallucination is cool, but then what is the point, right? But I really enjoyed this episode. My favorite part was that they never showed Scott getting infected. We watched it through the mirror of a surreal screen in a fake movie theatre. It was so cool! I feel like the writers of this show continuously trust that we aren't dumb people, and give us storytelling that isn't so straightforward. The movie theatre sequence made me call to mind when the writers trusted us in "Time" to realize that they fixed everything, without having to show it.
          sigpic
          Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
          O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
          Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
          O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            It was odd that Wray was not there.. Heck i wonder what role in the town she would have had.
            Ummmmmmm The crazy uptight Wedding Planner! Duh! hehhehe
            sigpic
            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

This was another solid episode of the current season, which is quickly out pacing not only the first season, but all of the other "Stargate" series.
              http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...verdale-115393

Comment

Well I nominate this for the worst episode of entire franchise being way way way ahead of 2nd worst. This was really bad episode in my opinion. Completely unnecessary.
                The cake is a lie...

Comment

That article details how this episode did have a purpose, and wasn't a waste of time. If you don't think about the episode, of course you are gonna say it had no purpose.

Nice find. I enjoyed reading it.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Nice review!
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

How did the get off the planet at the end through a wormhole that was dialed from the ship? Or did Greer dial it?

Comment

Greer was dialing the whole time (while they lay on the ramp), so I'm guessing he dialed the last wormhole, as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Flamethrowers galore.

Greer being awesome.

Other reasons this episode is the best episode of the entire franchise?

Post 'em here.

Because my opinion is worth is own thread!
                          sigpic

Comment

Greer would be more awesome if he had done more than wave a flamethrower in the air. To me it wasn't very exciting, it didn't seem like they were in much danger from the tentacles when all you had to do is wave a flamethrower near them.

Comment

That´s the way to go! Mind green
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                                Greer would be more awesome if he had done more than wave a flamethrower in the air. To me it wasn't very exciting, it didn't seem like they were in much danger from the tentacles when all you had to do is wave a flamethrower near them.
                                *thinks back to Alien movies*
                                nah, not very threatening at all

just makes me all the more eager for Friday to roll around so I can watch the ep up here
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X