Park's sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
    Would her eye problem be the severe, I mean she would have burned her corneas or such. Don't they have a laser on Destiny? They can't fix it. Or at-least give her back some sight.
    you're kidding right?

Comment

mm,

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      you're kidding right?

A non-doctor just did a kidney transplant. I doubt that's a joke.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I agree. The smart writing move would be to leave her blind. I think the move was perfect because I didn't want her to die. Man, how I did not want her to die!! But also I didn't want the whole scene, situation to mean nothing.

Anyone play Final Fantasy 8? Kinda wanted her to be sucked into space, and for Volker to come back, suit up, and go retrieve her just before her air ran out.
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
          I agree. The smart writing move would be to leave her blind. I think the move was perfect because I didn't want her to die. Man, how I did not want her to die!! But also I didn't want the whole scene, situation to mean nothing.

Anyone play Final Fantasy 8? Kinda wanted her to be sucked into space, and for Volker to come back, suit up, and go retrieve her just before her air ran out.
          Yeah but there won't be any Ragnarok Ship or Colorful Propagator enemies on board.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            Well Varro fell down who knows how far and he's back up and walking, shooting rocket launchers like its nobody's business. Nothing permanent there.

I would say for Park its permanent but who knows.
            To be fair he was limping badly it seemed.

Comment

I hope for the story she was perminently blind, which would make a fascinated story, especially if TJ disease started appearing ahead of schedule. An we still got the Volker, Geer and Lisa love triangle. So yeah I hope she stays blind permanently. As it create more stories possibilities in the future than her regaining her site.

Sadly it does not really matter as the series is cancelled.

Comment

My perspective on her situation base on SG plotline traditions would be:

1. SG-1: Greer becoming more closer to Park. He will be the eyes for Park and end up marrying her. The first married ceremony on destiny.

2. SGA: Rush suggesting Park to sit on the "chair" to restore her sight. Her sight got restored but not physically. Instead, it was hallucination interface modified by Eli to use Kino as an artificial vision. Only work for a short period of time or in a critical condition since it may bring to her an unseen side effects.

3. SGU: Greer blamed Rush for Park's blindness. A new reason for Greer having a hostile behavior toward Rush. Park locked herself in the dark in her quarter for days. She still can't accept for losing her sight. Suddenly, Franklin appeared to her out of the blue in the darkness of her sight... That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  To be fair he was limping badly it seemed.
                  A 40ft fall of concrete will turn your bones to dust.

Comment

Pretty sure we don't know how far the fall was, nor how hard the floor was.

Comment

A 40ft fall of concrete will turn your bones to dust.
                      I doubt this statement sooooo much.

It will break some bones, sure, but turn your bones to dust, come on. I'm sure there are stories of people surviving higher falls than that and Varro wasn't the wimpiest guy on the ship either.
                      He's a tough guy. In leather.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post

It will break some bones, sure, but turn your bones to dust, come on. I'm sure there are stories of people surviving higher falls than that and Varro wasn't the wimpiest guy on the ship either.
                        True that, and he would know how to take a fall. He would have had lots of experience because Kiva was probably knocking him on his butt every other day.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                          True that, and he would know how to take a fall. He would have had lots of experience because Kiva was probably knocking him on his butt every other day.
                          Or those rainstorms on his homeplanet that can collapse shelters

* bang, crash! *
                          "Damnit, not again! Honey?
                          - yes dear?
                          The rain broke the ceiling again!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post

On concrete?

Comment

On concrete?
                              An yes on concrete, people will still survive, they will not be walking and they will most likely not be telling there stories down the pub for a few months but people have and do survive such falls.

Comment

And since he is alien (well not fully human) and has seemed to heal quickly other injuries, it is not surprising to me he was up and about that soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X