No announcement yet.

Things Which Bugged Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they could not find a gun shop why not look for a police station for guns and if they found none in there they could just say,"maybe they were British."
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Retro_Invasion View Post
      If they could not find a gun shop why not look for a police station for guns and if they found none in there they could just say,"maybe they were British."
      British have guns, Canadians on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        British have guns, Canadians on the other hand...
        Canadian police carry guns, most British police do not.
        sigpic

Comment

I didn't understand why they didn't get any supplies from the planet they drop the colonist on. We could probably assume they dropped them on the colony where the novus ships were heading which they had coords for at only 10 days away. That colony should have been more advance than the one in this ep. Should of had all the supplies needed even people with skills that could be useful on destiny like an experienced doctor with equipment who could cure the disease tj had.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro_Invasion View Post
            Canadian police carry guns, most British police do not.
            that's not the point

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
              Drones that are designed to seek and destroy tech, but take the time to target biologicals??? I can understand Scott and Greer, they have radios but everyone else shouldnt be worried at all. The drones dont give a crap about humans, just the tech. But why is the gate still standing, surely it wouldve been destroyed after the locals last activated it.

Oh yeah, stop asking embarrassing questions that makes the writers look bad.
              Perhaps the drones couldn't get into where it was at to destroy it.

Comment

I'm really getting the sneaking suspicion that the Command Ships are biomechanical. The "AI" isn't artificial at all. The drones? Sure they are completely artificial as we have seen. But the Command Ships are hiding something. I'm not thinking they are "crewed", nor am I thinking they are like the Cylon Raiders in the new BSG. I'm thinking along the lines of something like the Shadow ships in B5.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  that's not the point
                  LMAO. My point was they could have looked for a police station instead of whining about the lack of a gun store.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have had more people out, going through houses.. Clothing, and other stuff in them. Plus they may have gotten some personal weaponry.

What of sports stores? Here in the us many have guns.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I would have had more people out, going through houses.. Clothing, and other stuff in them.

I just saw the episode (again) and I was thinking the very same thing. The amount of stuff they brought back just didn't look like it would feed them for more than a day or two, so I suppose we're to think they had more than we were shown.

Granted they are supposed to be in a poorer section of town, still you'd think that another couple teams doing a closer recon of the area around the gate might have turned up something. The only drawbacks to doing such a thing is it creates a greater likelihood of somebody doing something stupid, and you don't know what to expect out there. Maybe not everyone is gone...

Still, I think I would have had a few more folks going out for a look.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

One thing that bothered me a little after a rewatch... Why was there a statuette of a puppy (specifically a Beagle) on the desk next to the phone in the office that Scott's team took refuge in?

Just wondering.

Comment

I honestly couldn't figure out what that thing was until you drew attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            I honestly couldn't figure out what that thing was until you drew attention to it.
                            Sorry

Heh heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                              One thing that bothered me a little after a rewatch... Why was there a statuette of a puppy (specifically a Beagle) on the desk next to the phone in the office that Scott's team took refuge in?

Just wondering.
                              I thought it was a basset hound.

I figure there's a creature on that planet which looks a lot like a basset hound and it's in our genetic make-up to create cute, little statues of them, OR, it's an old family heirloom brought over on the Mayflow... I mean, Destiny, and was once on someone's desk back on Icarus base.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                                I thought it was a basset hound.
                                You're absolutely right. I got my breeds confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X