This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lesson to future PTB
    Give long time frachise fans what they enjoy, it works.

Comment

The episodes fandom is responding to most are the lowest rated ones, so there's really no indication of that.

Comment

I love the episode.

The drone ship descending from the skies was awesome. Love the bit about Young getting a new clothes for wray.
        James knocking that bloke out was cool, about time she beaten someone up.
        Nice mid air explosion of drones.

Feel sorry for Park, but still kinda hoping she has lost her sight permanently for the story stake.

The FX effects was amazing all around.
        But I am really think we should seen the Novans leave the ship may be choosing to make a sacriface for the rest of the crew. After all they were struggling to survive on there last colony, how are they going to survive on a brand new planet with potentially even less supplies.

Sometimes I wish we got longer episodes to explore those areas. It would be good seeing the crew spend sometime in orbit helping them set up a new colony.

An the same guys who did the FX are doing a new series called Echoes, if this episode is a taste for what they got planned for that show it going to be awesome.
        Last edited by knowles2; 14 November 2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Wouldn't it have been pretty much the most bold thing Stargate ever did if Park had died in this one?

How often does it happen that a likeable, semi-main character protagonist dies in horrifying agony for no particular reason?
          Riley

Comment

Fantastic ep, but definitely in need of a retwatch.
            My biggest SG-squee came when the kino flew through the gate to... Sateda!

Last edited by Lahela; 03 May 2011, 03:52 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Omigosh! What an awesome episode! That was the most intense episode EVER! I was so scared for Lisa. I seriously thought she was gonna die. Too bad she ended up blind, though. Felt so bad for her. Those drones were pretty scary too. Loved it when Varro blasted one of those drones out of the sky. Love Varro! He's such a cool characer! Loved also when James knocked out that annoying guy for giving away their position. Love Eli! He has such caring soul. Loved also when Young, Greer and Scott shot hell out of that drone. Too bad they couldn't bring it back with them to study the technology.

Well...one more episode to go. WAAAAAHHHH!!! I don't want it to end.
              Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 03 May 2011, 04:49 AM.
              sigpic
              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                Riley
                And Ginn

And Perry

Spoiler:
                Although those 2 came back after 7 episodes.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                The episodes fandom is responding to most are the lowest rated ones, so there's really no indication of that.
                Strange isn't it? Although in a strange, twisted way you could use that as an indicator of how much seasonhalves were liked Ratings went down every season half, as the episodes got better every half season.

SGU's current eps are amazing. Viewers who gave up in season 1 just don't feel drawn to come back to watch, regardless of it's current quality. I think that's why the ratings stagnated this past season.
                Last edited by The Destiny; 03 May 2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

There was a sign on a store that said 'Open 24 hours/7days'.....pulled me right out of the story. That planet had the exact same orbit/rotation/speed as Earth around the sun?

D

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
                    There was a sign on a store that said 'Open 24 hours/7days'.....pulled me right out of the story. That planet had the exact same orbit/rotation/speed as Earth around the sun?

D
                    Maybe it's an ancient figure of speech

Maybe there are more/less minutes in an hour so they get 24 hours total despite the different length of day

Comment

One of the best episodes of SGU and TV in general.

http://www.robotplunger.com/2011/05/...at-is-good-tv/

Comment

my dad actually got sucked into this one tonight and he NEVER watches SG. EVER. He was sitting there watching it thinking it was a movie. He didn't believe me when i told him it was SGU lol

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                          my dad actually got sucked into this one tonight and he NEVER watches SG. EVER. He was sitting there watching it thinking it was a movie. He didn't believe me when i told him it was SGU lol
                          Hmmm...while I thought it was a good episode...I didn't think it was that good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Hmmm...while I thought it was a good episode...I didn't think it was that good.
                            Well, he tends to appreciate action more than drama in a scifi show so this episode just grabbed him.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                              Yeah, not exactly thrilled that the Novus refugee storyline just kinda vanished.
                              SGU always surprised me in the way they quickly drop interesting potential arcs. You could easily have created many storyline or even episode plots (episodic but accumulating stories) about them.

Personally, I like to introduce twist and turns, so I would make the novus people guilty of genocide of another indigenous aliens species (something that would be a surprised). The drones: the defense system of those aliens. Etc. That's just one of the way to built the storylines.

Later on those aliens could be related to the destiny's mission in some manner, etc.

I see many such storylines that could be possible as arc or even episodic (cumulative) plots.

nb: In cumulative I mean that by making an episode about let's say the Wraith, or the Romulans, or the blue aliens, you always learn something about them, the evolution of the war and relations, etc.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Wouldn't it have been pretty much the most bold thing Stargate ever did if Park had died in this one?

How often does it happen that a likeable, semi-main character protagonist dies in horrifying agony for no particular reason?
                                Bah it happens often. The bold thing is turning her permanently blind. Now that's something more interesting, more bold. Great drama. Kudos to the writers if they don't drop that storyline in the next episode.
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X