This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
    Why don't these space suits have some sort of visor though?....that part bugs me. It should have some sort of automatic visor, no?
    in SGA there was a visior maybe the destiny crew hasn't figured it out yet
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Maybe the sheer intensity of the light was too much even for the visor to handle.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          in SGA there was a visior maybe the destiny crew hasn't figured it out yet
          Maybe.

I just find it hard to believe that any space suit doesn't have a visor. And one that advanced should have some automatic visor or something...But like you said, maybe they just haven't figured it out yet?...

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            The heat source was the sun. The bag would have been instantly incinerated once there was a line of sight between it and the planet (ditto for that spacesuit).
            But wasn't the ship pretty much out of the star when the dome finally breached? And the dome was on top of the ship so the ship its self would have been between Park and the sun preventing a clear line of sight

The water was boiling BTW.
            Was it? I guess I'll have to re-watch it because I never really saw any thing that looked like the water was boiling. At one point I know they showed an under water shot and there where some bubbles but to me it that didn't really look like boiling water more like air bubbles. And didn't they show an over view shot that showed her lying in the water while the fire was raging around her and the water was pretty calm. Maybe I just wasn't paying that close of attention.

But like I said I'm no expert this is just me trying to remember things I learned in my high school science classes. I know there are much smarter people out there than me and I'm not trying to rile any one up or anything so I'll just take your guys' word for it.
            Oglethorpe: We have successfully traveled eons across both space and time, through the Fargate......... to get FREE CABLE!
            Emory: I think it's a st- Star...gate....
            Oglethorpe: It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie that I've never seen, so how would I copy it?
            Emory: Chill, man. It's allright, let's just turn it on!
            Oglethorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate! "Goes far", get it? And there it is no way it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on the movie!
            Emory: But.... it sure was a good movie.....
            Oglethorpe: Yeah, yes it was...
            'Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Universal Remonster'
            http://superheroindisguise.multiply.com

Comment

All it would take is looking forward and then glancing up. The good news is that not unlike glancing at a welding arc the spots will disappear after a while. She will most likely be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                Maybe.

I just find it hard to believe that any space suit doesn't have a visor. And one that advanced should have some automatic visor or something...But like you said, maybe they just haven't figured it out yet?...
                the third suit was only recently repaired so it's stands to reason that the crew hasn't figured it out yet

Comment

Originally posted by Superhero in Disguise View Post
                  But wasn't the ship pretty much out of the star when the dome finally breached? And the dome was on top of the ship so the ship its self would have been between Park and the sun preventing a clear line of sight

Was it? I guess I'll have to re-watch it because I never really saw any thing that looked like the water was boiling. At one point I know they showed an under water shot and there where some bubbles but to me it that didn't really look like boiling water more like air bubbles. And didn't they show an over view shot that showed her lying in the water while the fire was raging around her and the water was pretty calm.

But like I said I'm no expert this is just me trying to remember things I learned in my high school science classes. I know there are much smarter people out there than me and I'm not trying to rile any one up or anything so I'll just take your guys' word for it.
                  Even if the window was facing away, there was still line of site to the hot gases. The space around the sun is also hot.

Just before the window blew the water was at a rolling boil.

Comment

All it would take is looking forward and then glancing up. The good news is that not unlike glancing at a welding arc the spots will disappear after a while. She will most likely be fine.
                    i hope not it adds a new variable to the plot now that one of the science team members has a disability

Comment

The SGA suits were "supposed" to be asgard in origin, with different helmets, they just recycled them for this show.

I missed several bits had to go to hospital. caught a bit before we left, and the tail end of the repeat, when got home. Where can I see it again without having to wait a week?

I will say this, we're dropping cable soon, and probably switching ot netflix etc, as bad and I really mean it, this show is a big loss, AS I hat it they canceled it, at least I don't feel like i will be missing anything not naving access to syfy.

Talk about running a channel off of a cliff, and into reality shows and cooking.

Their loss. And well ours in the case of this show, but in the end thye will do the most suffering because theuy will loose their core audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i hope not it adds a new variable to the plot now that one of the science team members has a disability
                        For one episode??? We've already got Rush and his mental health issues for the science team disability.

Comment

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
                          The SGA suits were "supposed" to be asgard in origin, with different helmets, they just recycled them for this show.

I missed several bits had to go to hospital. caught a bit before we left, and the tail end of the repeat, when got home. Where can I see it again without having to wait a week?

I will say this, we're dropping cable soon, and probably switching ot netflix etc, as bad and I really mean it, this show is a big loss, AS I hat it they canceled it, at least I don't feel like i will be missing anything not naving access to syfy.

Talk about running a channel off of a cliff, and into reality shows and cooking.

Their loss. And well ours in the case of this show, but in the end thye will do the most suffering because theuy will loose their core audience.
                          syfy will have tons of good programing.

Comment

For one episode??? We've already got Rush and his mental health issues for the science team disability.
                            if that's the case then i love it even more cause it's human.

Comment

For one episode???
                              Well to be fair, they didn't know it would be for 1 episode when they wrote it.

We've already got Rush and his mental health issues for the science team disability.
                              ROFL!

Comment

syfy will have tons of good programing.
                                syfy will have tons of boring programing and few awesome programing.

Comment

Working...
                                X