This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but I give only a 7. Because:
    1)The drones seem (in the idea) prototypes of Cylons (Galactica) and various others similar artificial races.
    2)We have seen other two type of Too Much Intelligent Destroying Machines: in SG1 (Replicators), in SGA (Asurans). It's somewhat a deja vu.
    3)The pessimistic cut of the stories it isn't my genre of cut.
    4)All the screen play of the last episodes it is supported by the good idea of the descendants of the Destiny; but this isn't enough for me.
    5)A very good level of tension (above and below) and a little-little irony (Varro, obviously because he comes, IMO, from a SG1 setting) are certainly some of the favorable points.

As a whole 7 is my vote.

Comment

Best part: James takes an elbow to an out of control civilian.....a couple of more seasons and she could have made it to bad-a%% sci fi actress list......
      sigpic
      Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
      "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      etc.....

Comment

I felt this episode had probably the best suspense and true sense of the unknown in terms of how it would end...

When I viewed the episode, I wasn't sure if the writers had forewarning RE the cancellation... As such, I just didn't know if they would kill of a/some main character/s... this lead to a very suspenseful episode, with the very real threat of anyone facing death...

Admittedly, if I had known the story was produced before the axing... I'd probably have been less excited... and certainly, first when Lisa was still alive... and then when it was stated that she would probably regain her sight... I actually took that to mean - no, they didn't know... and yes, they were actually playing it safe.

(As an aside... to draw a comparison with this and Lost... Lost happily killed regular main characters on occasion... but had a pool of other background characters to draw on. As SGU was similar in this regard, I think it could have stood to kill Chloe... )
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Working...
        X