Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what Pop Culture Zoo had to say. Difficult to tell how spoilery it actually is:

Spoiler:
    Alien drones create a blockade of viable power sources forcing Destiny to recharge in a star so hot it could destroy the ship. Eli proposes a risky plan which requires the rest of the crew to gate to a nearby planet for safety, where they find an abandoned city. Park makes a decision that could prove disastrous.

Here we are at the penultimate episode of Stargate Universe and it ay be the best episode yet, if not one of the most heartbreaking (next week’s finale takes that award, but more on that in a few days). Yet, in many ways it is actually one of the most uplifting as we see the crew finally acting like, well, a crew. It feels like the entire season has been leading up to this as we see everyone acting in harmony with determination towards a common goal. Even the last Lucian Alliance member, Varro, fits in and is, possibly for the first time, treated as an equal by Young and everybody else. Unfortunately, this episode also reveals how much of a threat the drones and their command ships have become. The drones have become SGU‘s analogue to the Replicators, except they are far worse. While the Replicators had some sort of guiding intelligence that became more pronounced over time, the drones are simply mindless automatons bent on eradicating any and all technology. This makes them infinitely more scary, especially with increasing encounters with them.

This episode was written by Linda McGibney, who was responsible for the superb “Alliances” earlier in the season. In both her scripts, McGibney shows a deftness at handling emotional, insular stories marked by characters handling a situation from two distinct locations, a skill that is perfect for Stargate Universe. Veteran director Andy Mikita is always expert at giving us unique angles and avoiding the mundane with what he shows us in the camera. He basically has two locations to deal with here, but manages to make them look exciting and dynamic.

Of course, the highlight of any given Stargate Universe episode is always the brilliant acting. This week, David Blue and Robert Carlyle play off each other magnificently and are pretty riveting to watch. There are some great little moments and snippets of dialogue between Louis Ferreira and Ming-Na that are beautifully done as wel las the always fun banter from and between Peter Kelamis and Patrick Gilmore. Given all that, this week Jennifer Spence absolutely steals the show. She pulls out all the stops as Lisa Park makes an ultimately heartbreaking decision. You just know from the moment she decides to stay on the ship something horrible is going to happen to her and it is with increasing anxiety that we watch the events that slowly lead to tragedy. Spence knocks it out of the park (pun possibly intended) and proves her acting mettle right up there with the great Carlyle.

Sounds like...

Spoiler:
    Either Park dies, someone close to her dies or someone dies because of her.

Comment

With those 2 spoilers, i am leading to
      Spoiler:
      parks dying.

Comment

farewell Park, we will allways remember you.

Comment

Originally posted by woolsey View Post
          farewell Park, we will allways remember you.
          No spoilers there
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            Park didn't really become a "primary" character until Riley died earlier this season, so it makes sense that they were working on killing her off at the right time for dramatic purposes.
            Stratification?

Comment

I sure hope not, but I could see them doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by wabbit42 View Post
                No spoilers there
                to be fair, the thread is titled for spoilers
                Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                  to be fair, the thread is titled for spoilers
                  To be fair...... fair enough ;-)
                  sigpic

Comment

That sucks, that´s all I have to say.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I'm sceptical that it's actually her that dies. If it were then I don't think that review would have been so blatant about it.

Comment

Has SPACE put out a promo for Blockade yet? I haven't been able to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
                          Has SPACE put out a promo for Blockade yet? I haven't been able to find one.
                          Its on the SGU-Site of the SPACE-Channel, a nice promo

Comment

I can't find it :/

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              I can't find it :/
                              Me neither :\
                              sigpic

Comment

Try this link, last time it worked for me. If not go to "What's on" on the right side, middle, and click on Tuesday, and then on "Stargate Universe".

But you're right, most of the time you get random clips.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X