Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much control of the ship does Rush have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the others know they had Bridge control with the long range sensor, one way or another they will decide to stop at that planet. Not because of Rush effort locating the planet. All in the long range sensor including detecting the seeder ship which the control room lack off.

With bunch of them to analyze the super rotation of the planet, perhaps the math boy could calculate the safest entry to that match the planetary rotation without wasting the shuttle energy to the shield to compensate it. There is a big chances the shuttle could still have enough power to land safely and able to return to Destiny. No crash and no injury to the passengers.

Also possibility to clear the debris on stargate site by shooting it using main weapon from the orbit.

More people reading the data from the bridge would avoid those unnecessary incident.

So easy to blame Telford trying to restore power from the seeder ship end without knowing the Destiny has capability to dis-engage from docking. Otherwise, those decision wouldn't be taken.

As I said, Rush is a terrorist.

Comment

LOL Rush has more Control then I thought ! He is the one choosing which planets are ok to jump outta FTL and Investigate !
      sigpic
      Kenton Canada

Comment

Something more interesting would be whether Rush and his bridge secret is caught out or he reveals it on his own due to various circumstances. So many variables. Another civilian takeover or Eli's spy kino.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
          If the others know they had Bridge control with the long range sensor, one way or another they will decide to stop at that planet. Not because of Rush effort locating the planet. All in the long range sensor including detecting the seeder ship which the control room lack off.
          The control room has access to the same data as Rush does on the bridge. The only difference is he has an imaginary friend checking his results and Rush knows where to look from the start.

With bunch of them to analyze the super rotation of the planet, perhaps the math boy could calculate the safest entry to that match the planetary rotation without wasting the shuttle energy to the shield to compensate it. There is a big chances the shuttle could still have enough power to land safely and able to return to Destiny. No crash and no injury to the passengers.
          This seems to misrepresent what happened. They didn't run out of power. The ship just died. That's not a lack of power, that's internal damage which would not have been mitigated by a different approach vector. Scott knew what was coming and the computer on the shuttle is capable of plotting a course on its own.

Also possibility to clear the debris on stargate site by shooting it using main weapon from the orbit.
          Which would blow up the gate. There's a big difference between C4 and an energy cannon designed to punch holes in armored spacecraft.

More people reading the data from the bridge would avoid those unnecessary incident.
          They could have read the data from the control room.

So easy to blame Telford trying to restore power from the seeder ship end without knowing the Destiny has capability to dis-engage from docking. Otherwise, those decision wouldn't be taken.
          And if Telford had come back, Rush would have enacted the same solution at the behest of Young. Telford chose to stay and try to fix the problem, and Rush acted to save the ship.

This is just wrong on so many levels I hardly know where to begin.

Comment

I think you should check out the meaning of the word 'terrorist'.
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

He must be the worlds only Scottish terrorist I would think.
              sigpic

Comment

I would say since he can access the bridge Rush has complete control of the ship, Now having that control and knowing how use it are two separate things
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  He has the keys to controlling the systems, but that is different from actually being able to control them. There is still a lot he doesn't understand. Even if he can do something, he's not sure whether it would be a good idea, or whether it would damage something. For instance, he can't control how long the ship stays in normal space before a jump to FTL.

And yeah, given the choice between starvation and taking a chance at a planet with possible food, you would take the risk. Which would make you as bad as you think he is, apparently.

Last note: Only one person has died, due to bad luck. Telford is stranded due to his own fault.
                  Not sure if you looked at my post, I guess there wasn't any need to put it in spoilers.
                  Anyway, with regards to the part of your post that I've highlighted, that isn't quite right, Rush can't just stop the ship whenever he wants if it's traveling in FTL, not if the ships been using FTL for less than 4 hours.
                  Rush doesn't have to wait to enter FTL, he could do it whenever he likes, he could jump out of FTL whenever he wants, but to do so before the ship's been in FTL for 4 hours or more would damage the drives, this is from the transcript of the episode Aftermath:
                  RUSH: Exactly. We can't just keep dropping in and out of F.T.L. I'm gonna damage the drives permanently. They have to run for a minimum of four hours each time they're activated which means, next time I drop out, I've got one last shot at this.
                  Also it would be a major mistake on the Ancient's part to design and build a ship that's intended to travel for a long time, if it can't get away from danger when it needs to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                    Not sure if you looked at my post, I guess there wasn't any need to put it in spoilers.
                    Anyway, with regards to the part of your post that I've highlighted, that isn't quite right, Rush can't just stop the ship whenever he wants if it's traveling in FTL, not if the ships been using FTL for less than 4 hours.
                    After the shuttle crash, Rush brought the ship out of FTL after it had been traveling for less than 3 hours. So he risked damage to the ship to save Scott and his team. But he very deliberately said he couldn't control the countdown clock, to stop the ship from jumping. In a way, he could if he took the auto-pilot off, but knowing that it's possible, and knowing enough about the systems to do it safely is another thing. Rush wasn't comfortable about fully controlling the ship.

Also it would be a major mistake on the Ancient's part to design and build a ship that's intended to travel for a long time, if it can't get away from danger when it needs to.
                    Maybe, but it has survived at least hundreds of thousands of years so far. It looks like whatever form of FTL Destiny uses means the ship can't be tracked, so once it jumps back to normal space, any enemies have less than a day to find it and execute some action on it which entails getting past the shields, before it jumps out again.

Comment

After the shuttle crash, Rush brought the ship out of FTL after it had been traveling for less than 3 hours. So he risked damage to the ship to save Scott and his team. But he very deliberately said he couldn't control the countdown clock, to stop the ship from jumping. In a way, he could if he took the auto-pilot off, but knowing that it's possible, and knowing enough about the systems to do it safely is another thing. Rush wasn't comfortable about fully controlling the ship.
                      Wait a tic, when was this said? The countdown clock was set to three hours when they dropped out, but Rush presumably waited the full four before stopping.

Comment

Teford will return in early 2011...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I would say since he can access the bridge Rush has complete control of the ship, Now having that control and knowing how use it are two separate things
                          that is true. though i imagine rush is learning how to control it fast (or at least trying to ).
                          sigpic

Comment

You just proved my point for me.
                            Rush chose when to drop back into normal space.
                            I never said he didn't have to learn more, by having access to the Bridge he has full access to every system still working on the ship.
                            Maybe, but it has survived at least hundreds of thousands of years so far. It looks like whatever form of FTL Destiny uses means the ship can't be tracked, so once it jumps back to normal space, any enemies have less than a day to find it and execute some action on it which entails getting past the shields, before it jumps out again.
                            It's already been stated in I believe the episode Space that Destiny uses it's FTL for defensive purposes, it's never been said that it needs to wait before jumping, that was my point.
                            No one on the show has said anything bad would happen to the ship if it was standing still, in the dead of space that it would harm the ship.
                            Getting past Destiny's shields isn't impossible, the Blue Aliens proved that's possible since if Destiny hadn't been able to jump away when it did the shields would have been completely depleted.

Comment

Yes, however as it was suggested through Gloria, Rush seems to posses a greater desire to explore the vast reaches of the universe then go home. As a result, he took advantage of the opportunity to disconnect the two ships so that there was no way for an excess in power to be used for dialling the gate to Earth.
                              Abbas Karimjee
                              www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                              The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                                Yes, however as it was suggested through Gloria, Rush seems to posses a greater desire to explore the vast reaches of the universe then go home. As a result, he took advantage of the opportunity to disconnect the two ships so that there was no way for an excess in power to be used for dialling the gate to Earth.
                                He could have done that from the start if he wanted. He did it because the ship was about to be left dead in space.

Comment

Working...
                                X