Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
    We know that Destiny probably has a greater mission. And given that there's been delays of late. Sabotage, Faith, Season 2, it's a fair bet that Destiny is now behind schedule.

Spoiler:
    And now that the seeder ships are potential power sources for going home, they might kick it in gear and express lane it past a few bus stops.
    I don't think a few days/weeks delay is going to do much on a million years+ mission. The ancients must have accounted for accidents and wear and tear in the calculation of their timetable
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Destiny is not stopped because the seed ship needs to be repaired. It is possible because Eli or other scientist except Rush "told" Destiny they need power to get to Earth, so Destiny stopped let them to have the power. Or there are datas containing Ancient technology, it could help the crew controls Destiny. Anything is possible.

Comment

Rush knew something was going to happen but I doubt that he stopped the ship

This data transfer is prob how Destiny gets update on the updated stargate networks and were to get material that it will need

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
          Rush knew something was going to happen but I doubt that he stopped the ship

This data transfer is prob how Destiny gets update on the updated stargate networks and were to get material that it will need
          No, information on the gates and planets the seeder ships have passed (and seeded gates on) is relaying back through subspace to Destiny to help plot the course. In that light, I'm not entirely sure what why Destiny needed to dock with a seeder ship to get data, but perhaps there's a ton of data the seeder ships collect but don't send back. Also, Destiny probably has some inkling people are on board, and if it caught up to a seeder ship, that means there was probably something wrong with it, so a protocol was tripped to dock with it and let the humans possibly attempt to fix it.

After all, if all the seeder ships get taken out, that means no more gates.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
            My impression was that dr.Rush stopped Destiny : he seemed to be the first one who knew that the 'object ahead' was an Alien ship. We know that now he can stop/restart the autopilot whenever he pleases. So it makes perfect sense that he disabled the usual FTL countdown : he wanted enough time for exploring the ship ...
            Actually, if you go back to the previous episode, Rush wonders why there are no gated planets coming up ahead.
            Additionally, when Rush went to search for Scott, Greer, Eli, and Cloe, he stated 'Who would have thought Destiny skipped so many gated planets'.
            So, if Destiny follows a corridor of gated planets, why would Destiny follow this path where there are no gated planets?
            The only logical conclusion is that Destiny got a signal that a Seeder ship was ahead, waiting to dock, so took a detour to meet up with it.
            From the time Rush dropped Destiny out of FTL to send a shuttle to the planet with non-functioning gate, it took Destiny 6 hours to meet up with the seeder ship.
            In the scope of Destiny travel, that would be a short detour.

Comment

My take is that Autopilot was taking them there anyway. I think Rush just knew it was coming and what was going to happen.

What I don't think add's up is the fact that it was just a simple data transfer. I mean it's mentioned somewhere else that it use's a subspace link with the other seeder ships to "communicate" data on their course, and to outline seeded planets for destiny to stop by at. So why does it need to physically link up for a simple data transfer? Either the subspace relay is also broken, or there was something more in it and that it was downloading more than just data into the Destinys memory banks...

Comment

Although this was the theory ,the FTL timer went back on when Rush used the bridge to disconnect Destiny from the ship[ there may be debate as to whether he did it to prevent Destiny from loosing more power than it had before or if he thought the re diversion of power back to Destiny from the seed ship would actually work and they would return to earth]. This way all transfers were terminated and the ship continued with the time.
                Abbas Karimjee
                www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionheart325 View Post
                  What I don't think add's up is the fact that it was just a simple data transfer.
                  It could be that the data transferred is of a nature that it shouldn't be transferred via subspace link. Communication logs of alien species and the likes. Helps to keep it to a more just passing through, nothing to see here mode of operation. More stuff than just gate count and locations. Or maybe the seed ships databanks were full and needed to do a data dump to destiny to have some workspace to carry on with it's mission.

It could also be that the seed ships are powered BY Destiny and not the other way around for gating home. And otherwise keeps the sun tech out of the hands of those who would encounter the otherwise disposable and numerous seed ships. Destiny could sun dive several times and top off a seed ship so it could be simplified. And otherwise keep the ships in range of Destiny. Despite heading out before Destiny. Otherwise it's mighty strange that a power transfer is even possible by design. And that the seed ships profile was more shuttle like than Destiny like.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionheart325 View Post
                    My take is that Autopilot was taking them there anyway. I think Rush just knew it was coming and what was going to happen.

What I don't think add's up is the fact that it was just a simple data transfer. I mean it's mentioned somewhere else that it use's a subspace link with the other seeder ships to "communicate" data on their course, and to outline seeded planets for destiny to stop by at. So why does it need to physically link up for a simple data transfer? Either the subspace relay is also broken, or there was something more in it and that it was downloading more than just data into the Destinys memory banks...
                    The Seeder ship's only send back information regarding possible planets with supplies and breathable atmospheres back to the Destiny via the subspace link, once Destiny docked with the Seed ship, EVERYTHING got transferred, its sort of the equivalent of doing a system restore and copying the data from your HDD via Bluetooth or USB

N.C

Comment

That may be. And i like the possibile power transfer from the destiny TO the seeder. Which would make 2-3 ahead..

Comment

Also maybe the power stored on the seeder ship was not there by design? Maybe the aliens (Furlings ftw) modified the ship to their needs and increased the power capacity.

Or it might be that the power storage system on the seeder was simply in better nick than that of Destiny and at one point they both had the same capacity. I don't know but maybe it was designed to have a larger capacity of power simply because it'd be using more of it to make gates, so to have a larger storage would mean fewer gas stops.

It might also just be something convienient for the writers to simply have a good story line in terms of a possible way back home, someone to step up to the mark only to get left behind and Destiny is back where it originally was.

Comment

Destiny is only operating on 40% of max power reserves

N.C

Comment

And a seed ship is less than 40% of Destiny's girth. Not that Destiny's power reserves occupy 50% or more of the ship, but still. Economies of scale. Plus the manufactureing task probably affords the seed ship new-ish power units. Or the power surplus was entirely alien pod derived. Or alien upgrades.

Comment

It looked more like it was closer to being around 60% of the destinies size.

Comment

The hud seemed to show it less than 1/2 the length of Destiny. And since it kept the same chevron looking shape (to scale) would make it much less than 1/2 it's size. Plus there's no giant pyramid thing on it. Even at 1/2 size, the power requirement to make it move is much less.

Comment

Working...
                                X