Young and the LA prisoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChloeOBrien
    Do you think Rush, as a prisoner, would help the LA, if he believed he would get killed anyway?
    Yes, I do actually...he's actually probably the only person on the ship who would...

Let Wray get tortured like Rush was by Kiva for a few hours, then have her watch Kiva order another man strangled in front of her like Rush did, then watch Kiva shoot Rivers without mercy, on his knees, like TJ and Riley had to do, then let's see how she feels about giving the prisoners more rights.
    That's like saying all North Koreans deserve to punished because of Kim Jong Il's actions...

Comment

Ginn is the girl right? She was shown in a preview kissing Eli wasn't she?
      Nope.. I know some are rooting for her to BECOME a love interest for eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        I think Young is not doing the right thing with the Lucian Alliance, some people he can keep lock up who are dangerous like Simeon perhaps... but the guy who has the hoots for TJ and the tech lady are no more a threat to him than Rush, or am I wrong? In this case I agree... for the first time, with Wray.
        how can we be sure who is a threat?
        Maybe simeon is just more honest than the other two and wears his badassery right out in the open?
        In any case, given Young's feelings for TJ, having Varro be all googly-eyed over TJ isn't likely to win him any brownie points with Young.
        There's also the fact that these guys are criminals and that the people that are vouching for them - the IOA - are probably not seen that highly by Young either. In an upcoming episode
        Spoiler:
        Young is going to let those guys out. I can just imagine how many posts we're going to see where people will say that Young did wrong by letting them out. The guy can't win for losing
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Sure, they can be released. Right after their trial and execution for the murders of multiple members of the expedition and an unborn child. They are an aggressive force that directly participated, not some abstract member that just has ties to criminal activity.

These guys did the killing.

They are lucky to be getting such good treatment and weren't put off ship. They aren't being inhumanely treated, they are being fed and being protected. I'm not sure what else some of you think prisoners of war deserve. Free access to the ship or something?

Comment

There's also the fact that these guys are criminals and that the people that are vouching for them - the IOA - are probably not seen that highly by Young either. In an upcoming episode
            Sure the IOA see the risk, but like Young said they don't have to live with it. After all, the IOA just want information to make them look better, they don't care about the crew.

Forget about Simeon, think about Ginn. She was nearly choked to death by Dannic. And the next minute before you even realize it, she was holding a gun and shot Dannic in the back twice. So if a sweet girl like Ginn could kill somebody without a doubt, you really think you are safe when they are all out.

And you should think about what the crew will think. Dunning thought they are the enemies. And Park said it right on the point, "There is a room full of people who will kill me at first chance they get." Doesn't that mean enough? Not only Young, but other people agreed too. And Wray said "Human resouce is her job." But apparently, she cared about the 9 LA prisoners, and didn't care about what the rest of crew think.

That being said, I absolutely love Ginn, hope she will join the crew forever, so I understand some people said she was not dangerous, but I don't agree. Also Eli could need some tough girl to protect him.
            Last edited by SGeff; 17 October 2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The only comparison I can think of, for those who want the LA members released in some capacity on board, would you feel the same way if your children were on board. If your wife or husband? Someone related to you? Someone you loved? Could you live with it. Could you live with it if a LA member went rogue, grabbed a knife and stabbed your child in the throat and killed them? Would you want to take that risk? It's easy to sit on the sidelines when it costs you nothing. Put yourself in Young's shoes, what will it cost him? What has it already cost him?

I think Young is a horrible military commander. I also think he is in a desperate complex almost hopeless situation that is difficult and possibly impossible to actually manage. Easy to armchair quarterback him, but what if the body count was on your conscience?
              I agree with all of the above. Though the numbers game goes on. With more manpower there are more supplies they can bring in. That is if the LA can get integrated. Varro obviously has control over those loyal to him and as it seems their main goal was to get what the Destiny brings, not killing everyone and be done with it. Now they are stuck just like the others and cooperation is the best way to survival.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Where? was it on the midway station.
                it was awkwardly placed in the barracks room so u got to watch ur bunkmate poop. XD

Comment

Dinner and a show. The designers must have had a sick sense of humor.

Comment

I think it will always be an issue. Though Simeon will probably have to go first. Maybe Varro dies protecting TJ or Varro kills him for the same reason before Young trusts them to be part of the crew.

No worries it will happen hopefully Varro and Ginn are still alive at that point. I think Ginn has potential. Kinda hoping for Eli-Ginn pairing but it is unlikely.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well I think part of the show's dynamic is to show three viewpoints on any complex situation

Young's view - The military position
                      Wray's view - The civilian government's position
                      Rush's view - The pragmatic position, the scientific logical choice
                      ..snip..
                      Rush has a point. There is a cost benefit equation for every person and every action on board Destiny. It is a numbers game for survival. X amount of air, Y amount of water, Z amount of food. He's right, sometimes what you feel doesn't matter compared to what works if the main point is to survive. What he misses is the essential humanity behind those choices. He still has to live with these choices and live with these people.
                      I like your analysis and actually agree. But i think there might be a 4th part to the equasion.. namely the rest of the crew.
                      And as to your analysis of rush.. spot on. People always hate "bean counters" but when you have to break all things down, that is always at the forefront.

Lets say my company develops a cure for aids... Should we market it? if we do eventually our customer base disappears (all people are cured).. How much do we charge? You will always see some saying it is too pricey or that govt this or that should pick up the tab.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I like your analysis and actually agree. But i think there might be a 4th part to the equasion.. namely the rest of the crew.
                        And as to your analysis of rush.. spot on. People always hate "bean counters" but when you have to break all things down, that is always at the forefront.

Lets say my company develops a cure for aids... Should we market it? if we do eventually our customer base disappears (all people are cured).. How much do we charge? You will always see some saying it is too pricey or that govt this or that should pick up the tab.
                        Why not give it out for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                          Why not give it out for free?
                          Nothing is free. It costs money to produce cures/vaccines/etc. The best they could do would have it be covered under Medicare.

Comment

Yup. If i spend X hours working with Y people to develop cure Z, it will take A cost for each dose of the cure being sold to if nothing else, recoup the cost of developing it. Not even looking into any aspect of profit.

Comment

Working...
                            X