No announcement yet.

The 'Boogers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait.. howd they get the name boogers again?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Wait.. howd they get the name boogers again?
      I dunno.. I guess one person suggested it, and several people started using it..

I'm still going with Furlings. Furlings ftw!

Comment

No..Boogers!

Comment

Brown Aliens, Shorty Aliens, these I can get behind but there is no way in hell I'm calling anything booger aliens
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I don't get where the "Brown" comes from, other than their uniforms. I hope they don't change them to blue, we'd be in trouble then!

BTW I coined the term "Boogers."

SGU is more realistic, so all the aliens aren't human and don't speak engilsh. The problem is we don't know what they call themselves, so we're forced to come up with intelligent answers. We'll name them Blues, Smurfs, Browns, or Boogers, all the names are in essence insulting to their true names. So in the long run why not have fun. =D
            sigpic

Comment

Id probably call them all Steve or something, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                Id like to think that the Boogers were the last line of defence for the seed ships, placed in stasis by the Ancients who launched the seed ships to ensure that anyone who boards the vessel can be stopped from capturing it. They seem pretty at home with ancient tech and only move to defend the ship when the Destiny begins leeching power. Kinda explains the reaction to Volker too, poor lil Booger was so shocked at meeting one of its makers that it fainted.
                This is the hypothesis i am leaning towards.

Comment

its as simple as browns = good guys and blues = bad guys...and for those of you who think the browns were put on the ships by the ancients if you look at the pods they look like they were put there after destiny was built...

Comment

The Boogers understanding of ancient tech and the systems of the seed ship suggest that they have been there a long time, long enough to master the controls or perhaps they were taught the controls by the people who actually built the ship in the first place.

Something obviously went wrong with the ship and it lost power to some of its systems, when Volker and Brody reboot the systems the stasis pods crack open. We know from the casting lists that Telford makes appearances further down the line so either Destiny goes back to get him or he somehow manages to catch up. Perhaps the Boogers knowledge of the ship, far in advance of Telfords rudimentary skills, is the key to him getting back?
                    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

They have a name now: Ursini.

October 19, 2010: Stargate: Universe, “Pathogen”, tonight at 9:00 p.m. on SyFy!

Comment

Pronounced 'Boo-grr' HA!
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah - saw it on yesterday's JM's blog.

Any idea if this name has any meaning? it reminds me of the Latin word for "Bear" but they do not have any ressemblance to bears.
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                            yeah - saw it on yesterday's JM's blog.

Any idea if this name has any meaning? it reminds me of the Latin word for "Bear" but they do not have any ressemblance to bears.
                            when I first saw the name, that's what I thought too, and it might be because of the shape of the skull in the original sketches?
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I would love to see if his (or the other designers) notes had what they were wanting to call the blues..

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                when I first saw the name, that's what I thought too, and it might be because of the shape of the skull in the original sketches?
                                ....Or it's because the ancients call them that. We all know from past experiance that the ancient language is a precursor to Latin. Also to continue my ridiculous speculation about this. What is a bear if not furry? Ursini->Bear->Furry->Furrlings!

AH HA!

Comment

Working...
                                X