No announcement yet.

The 'Boogers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was excited when the alien was nice. Great sound effect for the stunner. Rivals any sound made for weapons in the Stargate franchise.

I call the "Smurfs", "Obsessors" or "Sessor". I don't like the word Smufs

Comment

you know this might sound strange but, telford has a crew he can command now. those aliens kind of 'looked up' to him.

The scary music made it seem like they were gonna 'get him' but no way. They seemed to be waiting for 'instructions' or something, to me.

It might be possible that, in depositing gates on various worlds, the destiny and seeder ships AI-ish thing [rush seems to be involved w/it], find a way to communicate with people on those worlds, at least not intentionally, but races smart enough figured it out and either took advantage, or, the ships would let them on if they could 'prove' they could help destiny continue its mission in some way.
      ....Its what I do!

Comment

I bet they have a purpose with the seeder ship and they need energy

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

At first I thought they must be explorers too, somehow stranded aboard the seeder. But then I started wondering...

Why does the seeder have an atmosphere? Catwalks? Manned control stations? One obvious answer is so that the Destiny's crew (the originally planned one) could board and use all of it, but what if there's another explanation? What if the browns really are supposed to be there? Those hibernation pods didn't exactly look temporary, but I should probably look again to see if I missed something there.

Maybe the brown coming to the control room and "passing out" was exactly that? The reaction of an engineered creature (that's been around for possibly millennia) upon seeing members of the race that created them finally appear?

I think the above Pandorum reference might still make sense, but not because these creatures are evolved from Ancients who were aboard when it was launched; rather, perhaps they are a crew that is kept in long-term stasis and awakened to fix things when needed. Perhaps the seeder was sitting there for a reason, and so they were not awakened to fix anything...but then Destiny showed up, and that's another reason to wake them.

In which case, I'm guessing that they will be more than happy to help Telford get back to Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
            What are they?
            Where did they come from?
            Whats to become of the seeder ship and Telford?
            Will we see them again?

Discuss
            Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I definitely hope we see these aliens again. I want to know more about them.
            We will. They always tease us like this. Once with Air, then with the planet builders and the blue guys, now with these boogers.

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
            /sigh

That name is very childish in my opinion. Why not simply refer to them as the 'Browns', as TPTB refers to the season one aliens as the 'Blues'. Boogers seems really unimaginative and doesn't do justice to them.

Anyway, onto the topic, I think we will see them again. As for where did they come from, obviously they are from that area of space. And I think any idea that they have any relation with the Ancients should be thrown out the window. Yeah, the Ancients were powerful and helped shape two galaxies (Milky Way and Pegasus), but we are far from there. Besides Destiny and the Seeder Ships, the Ancients probably had no impact on any species, planets, etc. in this part of the universe.
            I tend to think they are connected with the blue guys. They obviously wanted our power. Just a matter of finding out why. And the ancients had an impact. You can't tell me the gates wouln't help or even hinder races. We know the blue guys understand some of the gates features, surely they alone didn't figure that out.

Comment

Ok, I'm watching it again. And if you look they definitely share physiology with humans. Their skin has mostly decayed and is no longer needed. They are in a controlled environment so skin to protect them isn't needed as much. Their fingers look incredibly human, as well as the ulna and radius on the arm.

The pods look to be attached and as if they are an old ancient stasis pod...
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I took their appearance as being exoskeletal. They look bony because the outside is bone.

Comment

The aliens that are in these far off galaxies have no way of using the Stargates (I think, No DHD or control) and want to learn how to do that. I'm sure we will see them again and again.

The life out here in these galaxies have evolved and have had no human interaction. We are not wanted here.

Comment

Not sold on the browns needing energy, after all, Destiny found the energy the seeder already had could power the gate home. So I'm leaning to it being like said, some type of crew to study/maintain the ship. So the power drain could have been some sort of defensive tactic or a way to make whom ever they imagined was in control of destiny to undock and leave. All they knew was Destiny was bleeding the seeders own power. Also, The aliens seemed strangely comfortable with humans, unsurprised even.

Ive come to expect that I'm wrong with whatever i come up with, so i doubt they write it as easy as that, The nice aliens power up the ship and catch up to destiny, maybe say hi do a repair for them, nah too easy... Gating back to destiny seems more likely , but with SGU fashion i wouldn't rule out Destiny's ability for time travel. o.O who knows.

Comment

Personally, I think the only reason why they were stealing energy from Destiny was to have enough power until they would be picked up. Perhaps they didn't know when they would be picked up by their brethren, so they are thinking ahead for the long haul, and want to be prepared. Of course that is only a guess, and perhaps something will be alluded to down the road.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I think what happened is that the seeder ship came to their planet to seed it or a planet those aliens knew about and they sent a team of scientists to explorer. There was a passing comment of Rush guessing they were probably a team studying the seeder.

Then all of a sudden, the seeder jumps into FTL. So my theory is that either they brought a lot of supplies with them or they were able to track the seeder and supplies were brought to them. The stasis pods being brought when they saw they were going to another galaxy.

The reason they needed the power is because they used too much before the seeder could recharge, maybe their pods were connected to the seeders systems. If that was the case, they as Rush said last season before they crossed galaxies, the ship would have to "float" across until it came to another star. That seeder was probably still moving and to dock, all Destiny would have to do is match speeds with the seeder so they move the same relative to each other.

So basically I think they are scientists who will be willing to see what Telford is all about. I mean, unless they only eat meat or something, he won't be much use to them. Also, they do seem to know what they are doing which leads me to believe they figured a lot out but not before they wasted a lot of power.
                        My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          I took their appearance as being exoskeletal. They look bony because the outside is bone.
                          I thought that it appeared as the alien reached for the food and placed it in his mouth that the arm looked like strands of flesh or bone. Seemed that I noticed that you could see through the gaps in the arm. Basically, it did not look like one solid limb.

Comment

Are they really called the Boogers? LMAO I haven't watched it that's why I am asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                              Why not simply refer to them as the 'Browns', as TPTB refers to the season one aliens as the 'Blues'.
                              Nice, soon we'll have all the minions from Overlord - only Reds and Greens still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                                Are they really called the Boogers? LMAO I haven't watched it that's why I am asking.
                                I vote NO to boogers. Maybe we can find out from the writers what they are calling them. The writers called the blue aliens the "Blues" and if we are sticking to one word names and staying with the first letter starting with "B's" then Brown's work for now. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X