This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
    Anyone find it a little funny how before this ep (post-Awakening spoiler)...
    Spoiler:
    "the LDP in futures eps" thing wouldn't have been considered a spoiler and that it was sort of common knowledge when people were checking IMDB for actor appearances?
    it just goes to show, you cant trust anything in SciFi!

Comment

30mins in

What a shock the big happy happy dial home crap didnt work, what a suprise!
      Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
      Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I have to say i think this is really stupid behaviour by young and eli pushing this dial home transfer of power crap.

They dont know about destiny.
        They dont know about this new ship.
        They have no idea about the aliens.

So yeah lets do something really clever like risking losing all our power like this. Where Mccay when you need him! No wonder Rush thinks they are all idiots.
        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

So Young is 'not willing to risk anyones life' to get home.

What crap! He risked everyones life when he jumped on the plan to dial the gate without having a clue of what was going on!

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
            I have to say i think this is really stupid behaviour by young and eli pushing this dial home transfer of power crap.

They dont know about destiny.
            They dont know about this new ship.
            They have no idea about the aliens.

So yeah lets do something really clever like risking losing all our power like this. Where Mccay when you need him! No wonder Rush thinks they are all idiots.
            You bring up good points. If everyone else around you acted like an idiot, you'd think less of their opinion and in their ability to make rational decisions, too. In that light, Rush is probably the most sane person aboard the ship. With Young causing the death of Riley, and being half the reason Telford was stranded (he did allow Telford to stay, rather than order him back), Wray telling POWs confidential information, I think I'm beginning to see Rush keeping the bridge secret as a smart move. Obviously, no one else can be trusted with the information, heh.

Comment

at first, I figured rush was stealing the seeder ship, when they lost contact with him, and the power transfer reversed. I guess I did somewhat judge him wrong, although he's hard to read at times.
              my assumption about the aliens is one of two things. they are either a race who worked for the ancients in building and seeding the gates and the ship wasnt as automated as rush thought.
              or, their own ship was damaged, and they took refuge in the seeder ship, and went into hibernation.
              They don't seem very dominant, otherwise I think they might have tried to take over destiny as well. or not even allow the docking to begin with. disable the system entirely.

anyway, lets remember, rush can go back for telford anytime, as he controls destiny.
              the gate manufacturing room was hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                So how does Telford make it back considering he's in
                Spoiler:
                seizure
                !
                He
                Spoiler:
                Is also in Cloverdale

Comment

Where Mccay when you need him!
                  I really do think they should bring McKay in on the ship, through the stones. fix a bunch of problems, probably even upgrade the systems with the systems from atlantis. I mean. atlantis would obviously have data on the ships, would it not?
                  and not only could atlantis dial destiny since they had enough power to activate this magical "worm hole drive"(which in itself was a completely ridiculous quick conclusion just to end the show faster) but there's also the planet that the lucien alliance dialed in from. get the prisoners onboard to talk, and tell SGC where it is, then dial destiny again, and send not only reinforcements, but supplies. heck, let's send rodney right over! get some comedy in there, not just drama.

The major disappointment in this episode that I had was that they didn't think to bring in Daniel Jackson with the stones to help try to communicate with the aliens.
                  frig. lets get atlantis to fly using this magical wormhole drive all the way to destiny.
                  so many possibilities, and holes in the plot. it's an awesome show.. but having watched the other series' it makes me sick how many little things I remember that they could easily do, and either get home, or get -somewhere- with things.

Comment

There wasn't any risk to dialling the gate. They had a steady stream of power from an obviously derelict ship. It would have worked fine. What's stupid about it is dialling home with no way back and an obvious alien presence which has not been taken care of.

Comment

Ok so ive just finished the episode.

To be honest i think this was a pretty poor episode, especially compared to last week.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                        There wasn't any risk to dialling the gate. They had a steady stream of power from an obviously derelict ship. It would have worked fine. What's stupid about it is dialling home with no way back and an obvious alien presence which has not been taken care of.
                        But you see you defeat your own argument. You say there was no risk to dialling the gate, but also point out there was an alien presence.

It was a huge risk to dial the gate in such a siuation.

Comment

all i have to say is that it sucks that we lost telford

2 down 3 more of my favorite characters left to be killed if this isn't the last season at least i'm being given less reasons to watch
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by kaiphantom View Post
                            as a result of the continuing montages, i'm afraid i can't support the show anymore by watching it on tv or telling my friends to watch it.

It's like admitting to your buddies you're watching "The Young and the Restless"
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

But you see you defeat your own argument. You say there was no risk to dialling the gate, but also point out there was an alien presence.

It was a huge risk to dial the gate in such a siuation.
                              There is no risk in dialling the gate. There is a risk in using it to send everyone home. Big difference.

Comment

Anyone else think the LA are being very impatient?

Comment

Working...
                                X