This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    And he's supposed to be the jack o'neill of ten years ago. So in 1999, what was o'neill like?
    he was the effing man and dont you forget it!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      he was the effing man and dont you forget it!
      He was also a damn good leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Like when Daniel gave food to kasuf in the movie. Yeah it did come off as old stargate.
        Or when Daniel gave food to the Unas.

Comment

*Spoilers for "Cloverdale".

Spoiler:
          I'd just like to point out that Rush hasn't killed Telford. Lou Diamond Phillips is confirmed for more SGU this season according to imdb, so he'll be back in two weeks in "Cloverdale".
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 October 2010, 07:56 PM. Reason: *tag future ep spoilers please.:)

Comment

The gate factory was awesome. I hope we eventually get to see one in action, there appeared to be a large door on the underside that could be how the finished gates get off the line and down to the planet.

As for the seeder itself, the shape was similar. It didn't seem to be armed, at least there weren't many visable guns. The front of the seeder seemed to come to a point like Destiny, but it was more like rails, maybe they use a rail gun type system to deliver the gates to the planet. Or mabye the seeder rail guns the gate location to flatten it and hopefully prevent future growth and stabilize the area for long term viability.

I thought the pods looked "Ancienty" with the curved lines and all. I don't think its pure Ancient tech, I think the Browns made some hybrid tech to allow for long term exploration of the ship and its destinations. Their exoskeletons had a human feel to it as well, the skulls looked human from certain angles, again, maybe a hybrid that was made by the Blues to better understand Ancient tech by combining ANcient DNA found on the Seeder with theirs?

I hope we see Telford again, but showing up in the Seeder just in time to help defend Destiny. I really want to see how the star drive looks on the Seeders since they were supposedly made so many years before the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by MizuhoChan View Post

hey mr. i have 2 posts... spoiler tags exist for a reason dude.
              Last edited by themeatcleaver; 12 October 2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Pretty good episode. It was nice to see some follow-up to the dangling threads like Chloe's condition, TJ's emotions about her lost baby, and the LA, though those scenes felt a bit jarring the way they were interspersed with the scenes from the seeder ship. The new aliens were rather cute, I hope we get to see them again, especially since they appeared to be explorers/researchers.

Re Rush's actions, I noticed that he overheard Telford saying that he would take over if Young didn't start shaping up. I'm thinking that while Rush doesn't think Young is fit for command, he'd probably prefer to him to Telford since he's used to getting around Young when he wants to.

I am looking forward to the showdown when everyone finds out that Rush has found the bridge, because I hope Young or someone finally decides to follow him when he leaves instead of just constantly wondering where he went off to.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe so, but I don't consider it spoilers. And I've been a member longer than you, I just don't like to post.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I'd just like to point out that Rush hasn't killed Telford. Lou Diamond Phillips is confirmed for more SGU this season according to imdb, so he'll be back in two weeks in "Cloverdale".
                    Spoilers, dude.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Maybe so, but I don't consider it spoilers. And I've been a member longer than you, I just don't like to post.
                      You're posting info from future episodes NOT Awakening. Just put it in spoiler tags so we can decide whether or not to read it.

Comment

What you consider spoilers is irrelvent. Since its a plot point for a future episode its spoilish according to Gw and needs to be tagged
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Very good episode. Some mystery and suspense finally!! Nice to finally meet a seeder ship for the first time. Adding to the show mythology. Same as Rush questioning his "dream".

I also like how the aliens took back control of their ship. Using non lethal weapons to gain back the control room shows to us they could as well be a small alienSG1 team stuck in that ship and simply don't want to loose all the power.

I wonder what will happens to Chloe and Telford. The last scene where the gate ship aliens approach him was great and felt like the end of a "Lost" episode.

I like how Rush having control of the ship is playing out. With horrible consequences like death. Same as him not letting the people know he found a way to get them home.

I give it a 7/10
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            What you consider spoilers is irrelvent. Since its a plot point for a future episode its spoilish according to Gw and needs to be tagged
                            I agree, like I can't show some of my sigs, because they are spoilerish, although they are from the trailer

Comment

Season 2-3 right? Yeah he really got good in Season 3. He was pretty damn good. Maybe if he hadn't had Hammond over him he would have been like Young? That's kind of a scary thought. I miss Hammond. Also Don S. Davis, that man was class in every role I saw him. RIP.

As it was anyhow, I liked the episode quite well. It started a little slow but by the end it almost felt like a 2-parter so much had happened. Yet it didn't feel rushed. I like the tension over the Lucian remnant but I think they need to be able to give them small tasks to start proving themselves. Nothing like an away mission or anything but say one goes out with supervision or Ginn helps with the tech and is spied on by Eli or Rush etc. Of course I'd expect a betrayal eventually by one of them. But if it comes it'll be because of how they've been treated. Prisoners have no rights? Way to give over your moral high ground Colonel. Nice conversation between Chloe and Tamara, but I think Tamara should have gotten a little angrier over it. Liked the boney/booger aliens. Should be interesting about what happens to Chloe next week.

Well what can I say, I wanted to find out what happens next week.

Comment

I don't know why you all think Rush is so callous. In intervetion he was sorry that he was going to have to sacrifice parts of the crew.

In Aftermath he was hurt by the fact that he caused them to crash and ultimately riley to die. You can see in his face he was frustrated when he realized the shuttle would't make it. And was worried when they were out of contact.

In Awakening at the end he was clearly upset. Even if he was doing it for selfish reasons he was hurt by the decision he felt he had to make. And the last scene he is sitting in the chair, and what I get from it is that he is thinking "What am I doing!"
                                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Working...
                                X