Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I liked this episode, it was really good.

I keep hating Rush, and I think there's nothing that would make me change that, LOL. I wonder wether he's crazy (even more) or the ship is actualy trying to find a way to comunicate with him.

I was like this O.O when I saw all those Stargates, they were so pretty, LOL. It's good that we get see more and more on the aliens and I want to see what is happening with Chloe, what they did to her.

It has been so far a good season, I like how is going.

I just wonder how long is going to take Rush to tell the others what he found, and how much more people is he going to let die just because he wants Destiny for himself and because he believes he can make everything by himself
    sigpic
    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Starting to loose the will to live with SGU... Why cant the Crew make at least one right choice? Get something right. For starters, Throw all the Lucian Alliance out into space. Shot to kill any dodgy Aliens they find in Seed ships. If they had held the Seed Ship with proper tactical force the little Aliens wouldnt have stopped them from transfering power to the Stargate! And why didn't the anicents put enough light bulbs in their most advanced Starship? and why is it so grubby in space?? its not like its rusting in a salt water harbour. After the great stories and characters in SG1 abd SGA, the Producers need to move away from the miserable Battlestar galactica format and back to kick ass Stargate Format!

Comment

Aliens were interesting - hope we see more of them later on.

Very disappointed that we didn't get any details of how the seeder ship manufactured stargates and put them on planets.

Still annoyed about Riley - at least he got a mention this episode so they haven't forgotten him yet.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
          Based on what we have seen so far, Rush is awake, but looked groggy as he leaves the dock an staggers into Destiny. In the scene leading up to it, he's still unconscious and being dragged. We also know that Dunning was stunned before Rush, and he's being helped through the dock. We also know that the radio chatter for the time he awoke dealt with opening up a secondary conduit from Eli to Telford. The only audible speech thereafter is from Scott to fall back. That's it.
          To theorize that Scott or Greer explained the situation to a groggy Rush in the brief moment before Rush emerged from the Dock is a far reach.
          The most plausible explanation is that Rush already knew about the situation.

You're more than welcome to ignore anything that doesn't fit your views.

A person's motive is everything. Rush believes the end justifies the means. He already said so.
          If Rush's dream is to explore Destiny, how far would he go to make it happen.
          He already dialed the 9th chevron address instead of evacuating the people from Icarus Base to a safe planet in Milky Way Galaxy.
          In 'Darkness' he declared that this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
          In 'Faith', he vehemently argued against leaving any crew on the planet, because more crew will be lost through attrition and they can't afford to lose so many people at once.

You could excuse a person once, even twice.
          Instead, Rush is painting a picture where, not only he wants to stay on Destiny, he wants, needs a supporting crew.
          He has already shown that he will frame Young to get what he wants.
          In 'Human', the only episode where Rush was mostly candid, when Gloria asked 'You would rather die than fail?' he didn't deny.

If you view this Episode from this point of view, a lot of things make more sense.

You want to ignore this, go right ahead.
          I'm not going to go into much detail. You're always going on about "from this point of view", when the episode itself isn't presenting events in that context, at all. Clearly you're just looking to demonize Rush here. The sequence of events has Rush being held at gunpoint, then the power reversing, not before. Rush is awake by the time he reaches the airlock, long enough to be informed. And his wife does not in any way suggest that Rush did all this on purpose, which you know full well she would have if he had deliberately sabotaged their attempt to get home.

The only person ignoring things here is you. If you weren't so bent on trying to make Rush out as a monster, you'd be able to see the scene for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            Eh, I agree that it's open to questioning that Rush took off like that if you really want to push the issue, but I agree with others who say he was probably lucid enough to hear the radio chatter...even if what was said wasn't exactly specific. But surely he could tell that they were in a panic. Plus it's quite possible that Scott said something to Rush when he regained consciousness. We are never shown the exact moment Rush comes to.
            If you watch the scene again, you'll notice that the only radio conversation is Telford and Eli about secondary conduit. That's it. There's nothing else. Since everybody conscious was aware of the situation, there were no announcement regarding power flow from Destiny to Seeder ship. The next Radio chatter you hear is Young telling Scott that Rush is required at the control room.

I know that we don't see Rush regaining consciousness till emerging from the dock door. However, the splicing of the scenes doesn't suggest any lapse of time at all.

From the time Rush apparently got stunned, he couldn't possibly know what was happening. That's the point I'm making.

And there's nothing in the episode or transcript that shows otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              I'm not going to go into much detail. You're always going on about "from this point of view", when the episode itself isn't presenting events in that context, at all. Clearly you're just looking to demonize Rush here. The sequence of events has Rush being held at gunpoint, then the power reversing, not before. Rush is awake by the time he reaches the airlock, long enough to be informed. And his wife does not in any way suggest that Rush did all this on purpose, which you know full well she would have if he had deliberately sabotaged their attempt to get home.

The only person ignoring things here is you. If you weren't so bent on trying to make Rush out as a monster, you'd be able to see the scene for what it is.
              I'm telling you what I saw. You're the one ignoring your eyes.
              Rush was startled right after Dunning fell. We don't see anything as to what happened next.. The next time we see Rush, he's laying on the floor, presumably stunned. That's all we see. We don't see him actually being zapped, and we don't see what the aliens actually do on the console.

As for demonizing Rush, I don't have to. He's doing a terrific job all by himself.

Comment

I'm telling you what I saw. You're the one ignoring your eyes.
                Rush was startled right after Dunning fell. We don't see anything as to what happened next.. The next time we see Rush, he's laying on the floor, presumably stunned. That's all we see. We don't see him actually being zapped, and we don't see what the aliens actually do on the console.

As for demonizing Rush, I don't have to. He's doing a terrific job all by himself.
                What I saw is Rush unconscious, just like Dunning, while the aliens operate the consoles at the same time the power gets reversed. Then I see Rush, awake and standing of his own accord, walking through the airlock which he apparently opened. This tells me he's been awake long enough to ask what happened. Two people won't respond the same to the same stimuli, energy beams included. Rush clearly just woke up faster.

You see what you want to see, rather than what the episode presents. The episode presents the aliens as the perpetrators for the power drain. To interpret Rush as the perpetrator is only accomplished by latching on to minor details and exacerbating them to provide substance for an argument, in turn ignoring the obvious after the fact, namely that his wife did not call him on it (seriously, explain that away).

Comment

What I saw is Rush unconscious, just like Dunning, while the aliens operate the consoles at the same time the power gets reversed. Then I see Rush, awake and standing of his own accord, walking through the airlock which he apparently opened. This tells me he's been awake long enough to ask what happened. Two people won't respond the same to the same stimuli, energy beams included. Rush clearly just woke up faster.

You see what you want to see, rather than what the episode presents. The episode presents the aliens as the perpetrators for the power drain. To interpret Rush as the perpetrator is only accomplished by latching on to minor details and exacerbating them to provide substance for an argument, in turn ignoring the obvious after the fact, namely that his wife did not call him on it (seriously, explain that away).
                  You need to watch again. Rush didn't open the dock door, he walks in from the right. Somebody else, probably Greer or Scott opens the door.
                  A very minor point. Easily mistaken.

Watching these episodes require an understanding of the character's motivations.
                  It's a given that Rush wants to stay, and everybody else wants to go home.
                  Their goals are not the same at all times.

If Rush had at any time shown any inclination to get the crew home, you may have a point. Rush has not. That's why you're not noticing anything amiss. Try taking the blinders off.

Comment

Watching these episodes require an understanding of the character's motivations.
                    It's a given that Rush wants to stay, and everybody else wants to go home.
                    Their goals are not the same at all times.

If Rush had at any time shown any inclination to get the crew home, you may have a point. Rush has not. That's why you're not noticing anything amiss. Try taking the blinders off.
                    Acting like your perceptions of the character immediately equate to how the scene should be interpreted is a surefire way to go off on a tangent. You're focusing on the tiny details and ignoring the obvious.

Explain: How would Rush reverse the power when held at gunpoint by aliens? Assuming that never happened, how would he get to the bridge to undock when he'd be watched the entire time? Why would his wife not call him on such a blatant act of sabotage?

The only one wearing blinders here is you. You refuse to acknowledge the obvious, instead latching onto the tiniest details that might support your point and blowing them out of proportion.
                    Last edited by morbosfist; 19 October 2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Acting like your perceptions of the character immediately equate to how the scene should be interpreted is a surefire way to go off on a tangent. You're focusing on the tiny details and ignoring the obvious.

Explain: How would Rush reverse the power when help at gunpoint? Assuming it never happened, how would he get to the bridge to undock when he'd be watched the entire time? Why would his wife not call him on such a blatant act of sabotage?

The only one wearing blinders here is you. You refuse to acknowledge the obvious, instead latching onto the tiniest details that might support your point and blowing them out of proportion.
                      If things don't add up, they don't add up. No matter how much you want to ignore it.

You go right ahead and keep the blinders on

Comment

And thus you prove that you cannot respond to a logical argument. The only reason things don't add up for you is because you refuse to let them. You pick one inconsistency then latch on to it, rather than take the entire scene for what it is.

Comment

I would think dialing the 9th chevron address was something Ancients were planing to do from Atlantis.

Even if needed, I'm sure the Ancients would have been able to add however many more ZPM's in order to make it possible.
                          Assuming the Lanteans even remembered sending Destiny, their whole civilization collapsed around they time they left for pegasus, thats WHY they left. And judging by Janus they liked to keep secrets, so they might not have know anyways...

Comment

Audrey writes: “So I really liked that scene between TJ and Simeon in the infirmary in Awakening, and was wondering if we’re going to see that sort of ass kicking/military side of her again?”

Answer: One of the things I loved about T.J. in season one were those flashes of the ass kicking/military side of her. As a result, I wanted to do an episode that highlighted this aspect of her character. We see a little of it in the scene you’re referring to, but will see more of it later this season.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...mailbag-entry/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm really excited about learning more about the beings they found on the ship. Who are they, why are they on the seeder ship, etc. Hoping that some of these questions will get answered in the next ep... whenever I get to watch that. Used to watch them on Hulu but now I'll have to see where else they go.

Rush put his foot in it again imo. I'm waiting for him to crash and burn, or get found out.

I'm still of the opinion that someone on the ship needs to get a puppy, or they find a vegetable garden, or a large greenhouse with pretty plants. Something to boost morale. The last three episodes have been like a constant downer.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                                Eh, I agree that it's open to questioning that Rush took off like that if you really want to push the issue, but I agree with others who say he was probably lucid enough to hear the radio chatter...even if what was said wasn't exactly specific. But surely he could tell that they were in a panic. Plus it's quite possible that Scott said something to Rush when he regained consciousness. We are never shown the exact moment Rush comes to.
                                Thanks for the ep script there.. It does show that rush was up and at'em.. BUT it also shows it could have been him that stopped the power.

Shot to kill any dodgy Aliens they find in Seed ships. If they had held the Seed Ship with proper tactical force the little Aliens wouldnt have stopped them from transfering power to the Stargate
                                And what if those aliens were put there BY the ancients to operate/maintain the ship? You just killed those the ancients set there.

Two people won't respond the same to the same stimuli, energy beams included. Rush clearly just woke up faster.
                                Yup. See how often Shep got stunned by a wraith after others did but woke up first.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                                Assuming the Lanteans even remembered sending Destiny, their whole civilization collapsed around they time they left for pegasus, thats WHY they left. And judging by Janus they liked to keep secrets, so they might not have know anyways...
                                And judging by how many of their 'experiements we just stumbled upon where either the data was not there, or was incomplete (missing) it goes to show they were GOOD at secrets!

I'm still of the opinion that someone on the ship needs to get a puppy, or they find a vegetable garden, or a large greenhouse with pretty plants. Something to boost morale. The last three episodes have been like a constant downer.
                                Kino races!

Comment

Working...
                                X