Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn good episode! They keep getting better. Was really getting into the LDP character. And rush, oh rush. How can you keep doing these things and really how long until someone finally trails him to the bridge? Unless he finds an alternative place to show people he was sneaking off to i can't see his frequent disappearing act to last too long. Of course, who knows what else we may come upon . . .

Comment

Good episode, some nice exploration, got to see where babies er um Stargates come from. Little Alien guy is cool, and they are obviously smart/advanced aliens, and should be interesting what happens to Telford.

So we now need a nick name for these guys.
      sigpic

Comment

Man, I'm usually something of a defender of Rush, but even I have trouble not calling foul on this one. Under the wire, I admit, but c'mon. He nearly had it. Odds are the aliens would have undone his efforts, but still, Rush didn't know that.

On the plus side, this ship has got to be FTL-capable and these aliens do know what they're doing. They might want to catch up. And they're sooooo cute for bug people.

Comment

Very good episode. The 'Browns' were very interesting, and they came off as pretty cool. I didn't see them being evil, but instead simply have their own purpose with the Seeder Ship. I think we will see them again later down the road.

Also, the scene where Scott offered some food to the alien, it really came off as old Stargate to me. It was a very nice moment.

I need to watch the episode again. I missed a few scenes, but overall, I think this is the best episode so far of season 2. I'm gonna give it a 9/10.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

If Brian was here he would say the exploring a ship like this one is classic Stargate.

Rather that is true or not I liked it. I know that is no surprise coming from me but it was interesting from plot and character perspectives. The plot was flash if you will. It was to show the gate seeding and the possibility of dialing home and to show another potential hostile alien. But like many episodes of SGU I feel this is more about the character involved with little things like Chloe's rapid healing powers to the big thing of Telford risking his life to save the rest of Destiny. I think Telford makes an interesting comparassion for Rush in both always will make the sacrifice of the greater good but Telford is willing to sacrifice his own life something Rush seems to lack. Speaking of Rush the ending speaks of more villianification of him. I kind of like how the hallucination Gloria points it out, was it really for Destiny or was it so Rush didn't have to go to home? I have my theories but its all specualtion either way?

The B plot of the Lucian Alliance continues with TJ getting some sympathy. This one fell kind of flat. Its about time a decision was reached about these people
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Now that im thinking...

Spoiler:
              The new aliens have something planned with the seeder ship? Why they reversed the transfer..? Maybe they need energy to make an F.T.L. jump or something?

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                Hey what did Telford mean by "can't blame me for trying?"
                he wanted to get home that badly...

poor young is still drinking

Spoiler:
                stargate factory is badass.

telford makes friends with the shorties i'd have to think... no way they can kill him off

frakking rush is pissing me off forreal.

i think young is on to rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  So we now need a nick name for these guys.
                  Furlings

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                    Very good episode. The 'Browns' were very interesting, and they came off as pretty cool. I didn't see them being evil, but instead simply have their own purpose with the Seeder Ship. I think we will see them again later down the road.

Also, the scene where Scott offered some food to the alien, it really came off as old Stargate to me. It was a very nice moment.

I need to watch the episode again. I missed a few scenes, but overall, I think this is the best episode so far of season 2. I'm gonna give it a 9/10.

Like when Daniel gave food to kasuf in the movie. Yeah it did come off as old stargate.

Comment

Episode wasn't as amazing as last week, but I loved the new alien species. I still don't get why that one collapsed, though.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        i am really starting to not like Rush, first Riley then Telford
                        While you're welcome to your opinion, I'm a bit tired of the Rush bashing. There are perfectly valid things you can knock him for, but this ain't it. Riley wasn't totally his fault; Young gave the order for them to go to the planet, and it was a risk worth taking, considering their low supplies. **** happens, and regardless of whether the shuttle would have landed safely, there was always the chance there would have been something dangerous on the planet and someone could have died.

Remember back, not so long ago, when Young had the choice to sacrifice Telford to save the crew and didn't? Yeah, that worked out real well. Everyone agrees that was stupid of Young. So, either you agree that sometimes a sacrifice is necessary, or you don't. In a cynical universe, an idealist (who believes you can save everyone) is a naive idiot. Therefore, Rush is acting perfectly inline with the atmosphere demanded by this series universe.

Will make a general episode post later on, after I let everything roll around in my head a bit, but just had to get this bit out first.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                          why didn't Rush stop the jump?
                          It would look kind suspicious if Destiny redocked. He doesn't want anyone to know he can pilot Destiny
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                            he wanted to get home that badly...

poor young is still drinking
                            Its been a tough week. He lost his child, a soldier,and a close friend.

I'd be drinking too.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Its been a tough week. He lost his child, a soldier,and a close friend.

I'd be drinking too.
                              amen. hence the "poor young." guy deserves a drink or twelve

Comment

Also, Young is beginning to annoy me. He was growing on me in season one, but towards the end of season one to now, he is coming off as being arrogant, ignorant, and I really think he is losing who he is. I know it was said he was gonna be battling his own demons in the beginning of season two. I really want to see where his character will go.

EDIT: And yes, I know he has gone through a lot, but he really began to change even before any of those major impacts occurred (loss of his child, Riley, etc.)

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X