This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    [sarcasm] Love the stream of anti-Rush jibes here - yeah, he inadvertently got two guys killed and that makes him the bane of all humanity, unlike Young 'coz, wow, Young is so damned great he's never risked anybody, EVA!!!, has he? Oh... except for everyone who died when he gave control of the ship to the LA. [/sarcasm]

For the sake of all that's sparkly, just accept that nobody on the ship is perfect, that they all screw up, and you'll find the whole deal much easier to cope with.

Great ep. Very sad about losing Telford (I knew he was goner as soon as he went on the ship, but the TV refused to listen to my pleas of, "No, don't let anything happen to Telford!") but the threads of so many stories continue to be unravelled bit by bit and it's excellent.
    Its about time you caught on.

And surely BAG is perfect. My stance is is that Rush witholding of information is a significant factor of Riley and Telford being stranded. Maybe not 100% blame be he has a huge fault
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      Aren't stargates made out of naquadah, a mineral contained in an ore which is mined? I'm just hoping TPTB aren't going to leave the fans to try figuring it out. After all, TPTB invented this stargate seeding ship so they ought to have some idea of how it works.
      Yea, its mined once a planet is formed. Planets are made our of the raw materials that are caught in the gravitational pull of its parent star when other stars super nova and blast it out into space.

Comment

Ok, I've had enough. I'll write down my thoughts about Awakening later, right now I'll just answer this:

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        I'd argue what we think is important. We're the viewers.
        Correction: we are a fraction of viewers. And we are certainly not representative of general audience by the mere fact that we care enough to spend time on the forum arguing about details casual viewers don't even notice. I just love some fans' ego that has them thinking that TPTB should cater to the needs and wants of on-line fandom. And since you are so keen on demanding answers from others, please enlighten us: which group of fans should TPTB listen to? My vision of the show is completely different from yours, so which one of us should be given attention from TPTB? Why should they change their show according to my wishes and not yours (or the other way around)? Well?

Seriously? This forum is based on speculation. You yourself have put forth your own theories as to various happenings on the show. And I'm just saying how businesses go; if you want to get upset at that, then focus your anger on the practice, not on the person telling you how it is. Granted, we don't know the specifics of the contract details, so it's just my own impression based on how things usually go in the industry.
        There's a difference between fun speculation about the show and about what goes on behind the scenes. Since you admit yourself we don't know the details of the contracts, speculating on them is in bad taste really.

And this is still a question that people are refusing to answer: In their situation, and with the limited data you had, would you order the shuttle to go for more supplies? I mean, I understand why people are hesitant to answer; because they would, and that would mean they would be in Rush/Young's position and would have to blame themselves, and they don't want to. Life is a risk; get over it.
        Fine, I'll answer your little pet question: I don't know. It's easy to say "Sure I would" or "Sure I wouldn't" sitting safely at home in front of your computer with stocked fridge and kitchen nearby. I have a rule: I never make definitive statements or pass judgement on situations I haven't experienced myself. So, not being on Destiny with limited supplies, I don't kknow what I'd do. I do know one thing though: if I decided to go, I would go myself, not send others in my place.

Now that I answered, let me tell you that in every post you repeat the same thing over and over completely missing the point. Some folks - myself included - don't think Rush is partly responsible for Riley's death because he send the shuttle for food, but because he started playing God deciding who can know what and when. He doesn't like nor trust Young, so he never gave him all the needed information. I find it pretty hilarious that you defend Rush until you are blue in the face while claiming that the crash was Young's fault because he made the decision. Decision based on incomplete information - that is Rush's fault. He's not in charge, he doesn't have the right to make such decisions on his own. If Young knew all the facts maybe he would have turned the shuttle around. Maybe there would have been thorough check up, maybe some repairs could have been made that would have prevented the crash. We don't know, and we'll never know because Rush was arrogant enough to think he had everything under control.

Thank you. Some people here realize it.The real truth is, anyone placed in that situation with the choice to starve, or to take a risk, would have taken the risk. That's the dirty little secret people who bash Rush over this don't want to admit. Yes, he's a douche for not telling people about the bridge, and he bears some responsibility, but the choice he made is one everyone here would have made.
        I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling anyone who dares to criticise Rush a basher. Clearly you have no idea what bashing is and are one of those oversensitive folks who equal critique with bashing. Well, I read this whole thread and no one here bashed Rush. In fact, your criticisms of Young have been far harsher than anything anyone here said about Rush.

If you feel there was any bashing going on, report it to the Mods. Otherwise, stop insulting other posters.
        Last edited by Petra; 13 October 2010, 02:56 PM.
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

What's absurd about this is that Rush admits his own responsibility. How can you argue with that? The man himself knows it was his fault.

Comment

That was an enjoyable episode. I sure wasn't expecting Telford to be left behind. He had some great scenes! Looking forward to seeing how he pulls off a return (because regardless of spoilers there's no way that's the end of him.)

Nice to see a bit more of the Chloe arc and the LA arc. And the pack up/lights off scene of Riley's room was touching.

Also, doing squats is the new reading!
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
              Correction: we are a fraction of viewers. And we are certainly not representative of general audience by the mere fact that we care enough to spend time on the forum arguing about details casual viewers don't even notice. I just love some fans' ego that has them thinking that TPTB should cater to the needs and wants of on-line fandom. And since you are so keen on demanding answers from others, please enlighten us: which group of fans should TPTB listen to? My vision of the show is completely different from yours, so which one of us should be given attention from TPTB? Why should they change their show according to my wishes and not yours (or the other way around)? Well?
              I appreciate your response, but you're missing the point I'm making. I'm not saying who they should listen to, but have you ever heard of representative samples? When you're polling people, you never sample the whole population. Yes, we're here because we care more... and thus we're also the ones who will get others to watch, thereby raising the ratings(there's a thread in the main SGU forum about this very topic). If TPTB can't please the core fanbase, they'll find their numbers going down.

To answer your question, I do believe the TPTB should get a read on what the majority of their fans are saying; forums and polls are both decent ways to get that information. It's a smart move for any company or studio to make the changes that will please their fans, especially if they are ones that won't affect the story they want to tell (such as less music montages, which it appears a growing majority of people are beginning to think are overused).

There's a difference between fun speculation about the show and about what goes on behind the scenes. Since you admit yourself we don't know the details of the contracts, speculating on them is in bad taste really.
              So, your opinion is... that I shouldn't share my opinion. A bit hypocritical, don't you think? I think you're attempt to stifle honest discussion is in bad taste. See how easy that is?

Fine, I'll answer your little pet question: I don't know. It's easy to say "Sure I would" or "Sure I wouldn't" sitting safely at home in front of your computer with stocked fridge and kitchen nearby. I have a rule: I never make definitive statements or pass judgement on situations I haven't experienced myself. So, not being on Destiny with limited supplies, I don't kknow what I'd do. I do know one thing though: if I decided to go, I would go myself, not send others in my place.
              Thank you for answering. But if you don't know how you'd respond... doesn't that say something about whether you can pass judgment on someone who did make the decision? It sounds suspiciously like you want to answer without actually answering, but this would be speculation on my point, and thus I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps in the hopes it will be returned.

But as I said, I used that question to expose the real truth: most everyone would have taken the risk to go to the planet to get supplies, rather than face the prospect of starving. Which means it is hypocritical to dislike someone for a decision they themselves would have made. And they probably did get supplies after all, since they were able to dial back, and probably sent some people out to get some food and water. We don't know how long they were there, but they don't seem to be talking about how they are short on supplies anymore.

Thus, Rush isn't responsible for Riley's death anymore than almost anyone else. Young, Riley, and plain old bad luck hand their hand in the pot, among other things.

Now that I answered, let me tell you that in every post you repeat the same thing over and over completely missing the point. Some folks - myself included - don't think Rush is partly responsible for Riley's death because he send the shuttle for food, but because he started playing God deciding who can know what and when.
              Good, we're making some progress here, because you're the first person I've seen to actually use a different justification here. So it's not that I missed any point; it just was never stated. But given on how badly Young screwed up, and continues to screw up, and with the LA still on the ship (and an obvious bad LA guy among them still), there's probably some damn good justification for keeping the bridge secret. And with Wray on the ship, once she knows, everyone else would know. I still think it's a bad move, but I acknowledge there is a pragmatic reason. On a ship of fools, who do you trust? If the LA tried again (gating from the Milky Way with another assault team, that you have to believe is a possibility), Rush knowing about the bridge, and thus being able to take control away from them, is a good thing. Once someone else knows, though, the jig is up.

Yes, shame on you Rush for playing God by giving us a chance for more supplies and protecting us from ourselves! Don't help us ever again!

He doesn't like nor trust Young, so he never gave him all the needed information.
              Does it matter? Honestly, what difference would it have made? Part of it is that Rush didn't see everything, and only learned about some of the other conditions when Franklin and Gloria told him, AFTER the shuttle left. People in the Core room should have been able to scan the planet just as well, so why didn't Eli, Park, Brody, or Volker say anything? If we're gonna blame Rush, we'll have to blame them, too. Or maybe they aren't that smart after all, and Rush has a point? Who knows.

I find it pretty hilarious that you defend Rush until you are blue in the face while claiming that the crash was Young's fault because he made the decision. Decision based on incomplete information - that is Rush's fault. He's not in charge, he doesn't have the right to make such decisions on his own. If Young knew all the facts maybe he would have turned the shuttle around. Maybe there would have been thorough check up, maybe some repairs could have been made that would have prevented the crash. We don't know, and we'll never know because Rush was arrogant enough to think he had everything under control.
              Again, you're missing the point. I'll bash Rush myself for plenty of things; I don't defend him so much, as I defend accurate accusations (if you really read my posts, you would have seen this). I, and many others, just happen to think this isn't a fair complaint to lodge against him. I'll repeat: They needed supplies. There were no other planets coming up. This was the only chance. They deal with danger everyday, and there are always risks and people who may not come back alive. Rush gave them a chance, although I'll agree he didn't quite go about it in the best way. And you're completely missing everyone else who could have told Young about the planet.

It's true we won't know everything, but I am amused; because I feel that if Rush didn't stop the ship, and they arrived a point where everyone was starting to starve, perhaps posters on this forum, or the Gloria persona, might have been telling him, "You should have stopped the ship at the planet, Rush, instead of selfishly not risking the shuttle or personnel. You made a bad call." In other words, damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling anyone who dares to criticise Rush a basher. Clearly you have no idea what bashing is and are one of those oversensitive folks who equal critique with bashing. Well, I read this whole thread and no one here bashed Rush. In fact, your criticisms of Young have been far harsher than anything anyone here said about Rush.
              My criticisms of Young have have been deliberate; it's called mirroring to prove a point. But yeah, when people deliberately lie and spread misinformation about a character, I do call that bashing. I am simply pointing out why certain people are being hypocritical or untruthful.

IE, it's largely Rush's fault they are all stranded on Destiny in the first place, since he dialed the 9 chevron address instead of another planet. That's a valid complaint. I wouldn't care if someone said "I don't like Rush because he did that." Like I said, you're blaming Bush for 9/11. There are many reasons to dislike Bush, but focusing on that just kinda makes you look... silly.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                I do not think that Rush wanted to do an experiment. They were really in need of food and water and I am sure he really thought that they could find them on the planet. In any case it was worth trying. Looking back it showed to be the wrong decision, but if you risk to starve, you would be prepared to take more risks than you would in 'normal' conditions.
                Thank you. Some people here realize it.The real truth is, anyone placed in that situation with the choice to starve, or to take a risk, would have taken the risk. That's the dirty little secret people who bash Rush over this don't want to admit. Yes, he's a douche for not telling people about the bridge, and he bears some responsibility, but the choice he made is one everyone here would have made.

It's kinda like trying to pin 9/11 on Bush. Really, there are better things you can bash Bush for, but trying to stick him for this one just hurts your cause and makes you look a little crazy. Stick to the better stuff and you'll have a more solid case.
                But as I said, I used that question to expose the real truth: most everyone would have taken the risk to go to the planet to get supplies, rather than face the prospect of starving. Which means it is hypocritical to dislike someone for a decision they themselves would have made. And they probably did get supplies after all, since they were able to dial back, and probably sent some people out to get some food and water. We don't know how long they were there, but they don't seem to be talking about how they are short on supplies anymore.

Thus, Rush isn't responsible for Riley's death anymore than almost anyone else. Young, Riley, and plain old bad luck hand their hand in the pot, among other things.

Good, we're making some progress here, because you're the first person I've seen to actually use a different justification here. So it's not that I missed any point; it just was never stated. But given on how badly Young screwed up, and continues to screw up, and with the LA still on the ship (and an obvious bad LA guy among them still), there's probably some damn good justification for keeping the bridge secret. And with Wray on the ship, once she knows, everyone else would know. I still think it's a bad move, but I acknowledge there is a pragmatic reason. On a ship of fools, who do you trust? If the LA tried again (gating from the Milky Way with another assault team, that you have to believe is a possibility), Rush knowing about the bridge, and thus being able to take control away from them, is a good thing. Once someone else knows, though, the jig is up.

Yes, shame on you Rush for playing God by giving us a chance for more supplies and protecting us from ourselves! Don't help us ever again!

Does it matter? Honestly, what difference would it have made? Part of it is that Rush didn't see everything, and only learned about some of the other conditions when Franklin and Gloria told him, AFTER the shuttle left. People in the Core room should have been able to scan the planet just as well, so why didn't Eli, Park, Brody, or Volker say anything? If we're gonna blame Rush, we'll have to blame them, too. Or maybe they aren't that smart after all, and Rush has a point? Who knows.

Again, you're missing the point. I'll bash Rush myself for plenty of things; I don't defend him so much, as I defend accurate accusations (if you really read my posts, you would have seen this). I, and many others, just happen to think this isn't a fair complaint to lodge against him. I'll repeat: They needed supplies. There were no other planets coming up. This was the only chance. They deal with danger everyday, and there are always risks and people who may not come back alive. Rush gave them a chance, although I'll agree he didn't quite go about it in the best way. And you're completely missing everyone else who could have told Young about the planet.

It's true we won't know everything, but I am amused; because I feel that if Rush didn't stop the ship, and they arrived a point where everyone was starting to starve, perhaps posters on this forum, or the Gloria persona, might have been telling him, "You should have stopped the ship at the planet, Rush, instead of selfishly not risking the shuttle or personnel. You made a bad call." In other words, damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

My criticisms of Young have have been deliberate; it's called mirroring to prove a point. But yeah, when people deliberately lie and spread misinformation about a character, I do call that bashing. I am simply pointing out why certain people are being hypocritical or untruthful.

IE, it's largely Rush's fault they are all stranded on Destiny in the first place, since he dialed the 9 chevron address instead of another planet. That's a valid complaint. I wouldn't care if someone said "I don't like Rush because he did that." Like I said, you're blaming Bush for 9/11. There are many reasons to dislike Bush, but focusing on that just kinda makes you look... silly.
                This doesn't excuse Rush randomly stopping Destiny at a planet without letting anyone else know about it.

This doesn't excuse Rush overlooking the bridge's readings of the planet's dangerous biosphere (until his "visions" had to alert him to it) until way after the fact, and then still witholding the full details of that information from everyone else (only warning the people on the shuttle about it and then telling the shuttle group something in the vein of "you might encounter a little turbulence").

And this most definitely doesn't excuse Rush forcing everyone into a limited and unnecessary timetable by not preventing Destiny from jumping when he could and should have, just to cover his own ass.

Here's the key thing. The crew trusts Destiny more than they trust Rush.

They trust Destiny because Destiny has always been right. Whenerver Destiny by itself stops at a planet, that planet ends up having the resources the crew needs. Surpirse suprise, this one didn't.

So it's a pretty BIG deal when Rush lies and tells them that Destiny stopped at that planet under it's own violition, especially because he said he "told" it they needed food and water.

That's the unnecessary risk I'm talking about. General Hammond made damn sure his teams didn't go on misions without full and proper intel. Rush was worried about food and water? That doesn't matter. If he was truly worried about the well-being of the crew and thier survival he would have let them in on the situation. Again, it's Destiny that the crew trusts. If the crew knew that it wasn't Destiny's AI that stopped there, then they could have voiced their worries or disagreements, or planned the mission out better, given this info.

Rush didn't give them that opportunity.

Plus, where does the LA knowing about anything factor into this? They were all held captive in the brig at that point, not in the control rooom or anywhere else on the ship (and they all ended up dumped from the ship, with a few only staying there due to direct orders from Homeworld Command). There was plenty of opportunity to tell the crew.

And the 9/11 analogy is terrible. Bush didn't target the highjackers towards the WTC or the Pentagon (and without informing anyone else that he did), nor did he withold key information involving the operation.

Comment

well watch past that first commercial and BAM inside, in fact i was dissapointed i couldnt see more outside shots, but the ones with destiny attached to it are pretty cool, it would have been cool if that is what destiny looked like from here on out
                  Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

A lot of people are talking about Rush decision to not tell is crewmate about having found the bridge. But one of the most shocking decision of Rush is not telling them that the gate ship had enough power to gate back to earth. He even has a conversation with his wife hallucination about it.

I also like the way he was really adamant of being the one taking care of the transfer back on the gate ship until the last minute placing himself in the position to be the last to leave the Destiny for earth...or not.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
                      This doesn't excuse Rush randomly stopping Destiny at a planet without letting anyone else know about it.
                      This is a valid criticism. Good!

This doesn't excuse Rush overlooking the bridge's readings of the planet's dangerous biosphere (until his "visions" had to alert him to it) until way after the fact, and then still witholding the full details of that information from everyone else (only warning the people on the shuttle about it and then telling the shuttle group something in the vein of "you might encounter a little turbulence").
                      Lack of sleep and nightmares due to torture would be mitigating factors in how Rush missed some of the signs of the planet's biosphere. Things he didn't realize until much later after the shuttle had left. And, as I've stated, if you're going to levy this criticism, then you must apply it to Eli, Brody, Volker, and Park. They could have scanned the planet from the core room, so why didn't they say anything?

And this most definitely doesn't excuse Rush forcing everyone into a limited and unnecessary timetable by not preventing Destiny from jumping when he could and should have, just to cover his own ass.
                      Non-valid criticism. Rush himself has said he can't yet control how long the ship stops for. He can't prevent the ship from jumping; he can only bring it out of FTL. And the FTL drives need to run for at least 4 hours or there is a risk of permanent damage.

Here's the key thing. The crew trusts Destiny more than they trust Rush.

They trust Destiny because Destiny has always been right. Whenerver Destiny by itself stops at a planet, that planet ends up having the resources the crew needs. Surpirse suprise, this one didn't.
                      I'll agree to the fact that the crew trusts Destiny. But your claim of the planet not having what they needed is false. They went because it had what they needed. The planet had quite a bit of vegetation, which means possibilities for edible plants and water. We also don't know how long the ship stopped for when Rush brought it out of FTL so they could rescue Scott and the others, so they could have easily had people go off from the gate and search for fruit and water. There was no complaint about lack of supplies this episode, so perhaps the planet DID have what they needed.

So it's a pretty BIG deal when Rush lies and tells them that Destiny stopped at that planet under it's own violition, especially because he said he "told" it they needed food and water.
                      I'll agree that this is a valid complaint; Rush lying to the crew isn't a good thing. I can understand his pragmatic reasons based on him wanting to keep the bridge a secret, but as I've said several times before, I think it's ultimately a bad idea. Secrets get discovered eventually, especially on that ship. People won't be happy once they find out.

That's the unnecessary risk I'm talking about. General Hammond made damn sure his teams didn't go on misions without full and proper intel. Rush was worried about food and water? That doesn't matter. If he was truly worried about the well-being of the crew and thier survival he would have let them in on the situation. Again, it's Destiny that the crew trusts. If the crew knew that it wasn't Destiny's AI that stopped there, then they could have voiced their worries or disagreements, or planned the mission out better, given this info.

Rush didn't give them that opportunity.
                      Yes. He. Did.

The core room people were welcome to scan the planet, but apparently their scans told them the same things Rush would have known: that the planet was a bit rough, but doable. There was risk, but ultimately Young made the call because he felt the risk was worth it considering their supply level. Also, unlike Hammond, they don't have the luxury of not going, because they need to eat, so it's not quite comparable

Plus, where does the LA knowing about anything factor into this? They were all held captive in the brig at that point, not in the control rooom or anywhere else on the ship (and they all ended up dumped from the ship, with a few only staying there due to direct orders from Homeworld Command). There was plenty of opportunity to tell the crew.
                      Wray can't keep her mouth shut and Rush knows that. If the LA knew there was a bridge that controlled everything, it would make a tempting target if they ever managed to get out. Young already let them take over the ship once, showing poor judgment several times. Also, say another wave of LA came through the gate and attacked, freeing their brethren; now they know there is a bridge as well. As I said, pragmatic reasons for wanting to keep it secret, even if I ultimately feel it's a bad move.

Also, Rush is suffering from lack of sleep, he's been kidnapped by aliens, operated on, and tortured. He's no exactly in the best frame of mind. Even if you do find him guilty of things, there should be some "mental duress" mitigating factors there.

And the 9/11 analogy is terrible. Bush didn't target the highjackers towards the WTC or the Pentagon (and without informing anyone else that he did), nor did he withold key information involving the operation.
                      Not the reason I made the comparison. There are people who do believe Bush's cronies were behind 9/11, or that the atmosphere he created in government, made the attacks possible (to a degree, this is true; the lack of data sharing between agencies majorly contributed to them not catching this). Hell, he was briefed on Al Quada and the fact that a major attack was imminent shortly after entering office. I hate Bush, but even I can see he wasn't really at fault for not stopping 9/11, even though the case could be made.

It's called being truthful about the good and the bad that a person is ultimately responsible for, along with recognizing mitigating factors.

Edit to add:
                      Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                      A lot of people are talking about Rush decision to not tell is crewmate about having found the bridge. But one of the most shocking decision of Rush is not telling them that the gate ship had enough power to gate back to earth. He even has a conversation with his wife hallucination about it.
                      See people, THIS is an example of a valid criticism. And I WILL bash Rush for not bringing this up to the crew.

It's called being objective, which is what I've been throughout this thread.

Comment

I have to say, I liked this episode,and I think it gave us more to come than what it gave alone. (if anyone see what I mean by that.)
                        And then I also have to give "Petra" all my support for that excellent post addressed Kaiphantom. I can however see some of Kaiphantom`s points,but I wont put blame on either Rush nor Young.
                        Young and Rush have both made their share of bad choices,but its easy for us to say when watching it all on TV. We see both what Rush do and what Young do,so its so easy for us to make up our minds of what they should have done in each situation they get in. In the last episodes Telford might have done a better job than Young,but how Telford would be if he : Was framed for a murder he did`nt do,get the message from Rush :That it will never be over (or what he said on the planet where he got stranded),Having to "kill" Tellford to bring him out from the brainwash,handle a mutiny,loosing a child,get a last wish from one of his crew to kill him instead of letting him stay alive on the planet,even maybe alone ..? (I probably miss a lot),but I am not sure Telford would have been feeling all good and leading military as good as he could before in his life.

I feel it is so much to talk about that is more interesting than arguing who is to blame and for what. Who is the good and who is the bad. A good example is these new aliens which we dont know if are "good" or "bad" ,we do however know that if The Destiny`s crew "steal" power from them they take it back. This is fair,its in many ways their ship. Then again: Did Young/Rush/crew know there was any lifeforms on that ship? If I remember right they did start "tapping" power before they found out there was aliens there.

Arguing about who is to blame is getting a bit old now. It`s better to just admit that we always knows best because we`re not there,and we see it as a story and has more reviled than each person on the ship. As I see it both Young and Rush does mistakes that puts the rest in danger,but I dont think Rush could sacrifice himself for others,while I think Young could. But this is however just what I believe and I dont expect others to agree with me,but I dont understand why I have to have a definitely and all decided answer for who is to blame and what is right and wrong.

When it comes to what Rush is to blame for, lately: Keeping the bridge a secret,but I would never myself know who to completely trust with this information. I would never tell Wray or others that I could think would tell her. He is not to blame for the life of Riley (if thats how it is spelled) . it was an accident with the shuttle and it could have happened the next time they used it anyway. Remember the engines just stopped working. They need food,and someone can die when trying to save everyone. Nobody is to blame for having to leave Telford behind,but again here is up for different opinions such as : Could and/or should Rush have disconnected from the seeder ship,and so on. In the end Telford himself decided to stay even though it was risky,he knew it was and Young asked him to get back,but Telford is a grown up man and in the end he decides for himself. I like what Telford did,but if it was worth it I am unsure of. I have to believe Destiny and the people needed him more with them and not left behind. I cant know wetter or not the Destiny could get into FTL without him staying there longer risking getting caught by the aliens.

This said,about the episode: I like that we got to see some other lifeforms again,I think SGU need more of that. I knew (cant know for sure,but believed very much) that we would catch up with the seeder ships,and it was cool. I thought they might get a shuttle from it,but it might still be unknown shuttles somewhere on Destiny. (Its a big ship,and have they explored it all?)

I dont care much for the music they put in so often,but I liked some of them from season 1. Like one with Chloe dreaming about those blue aliens,and I did`nt dislike the song in Air part 3 either. Not sure it is because I did like those songs better,or that then it was not over used,but getting a bit tired of it. However I think it is because it takes time from giving me more of SGU without it. A song often takes over 3 minutes,and I would like them to be more of SGU not like a music video in the end of my favourite series.

As a end I`d point out that I used "I" in front of what I like and I like less,its not how I think everyone else should mean. If someone agrees with me in some or everything,that`s nice,but I do not dislike people for thinking different than me. I find many good things on this forum,but a lot of meaningless argues also. Its meaningless for me,but it might be important to others,and that`s good. People have their wishes and in the end the writers have to find the best storyline to go with. Reading here might give them some ideas,but then I really hope they get some from more than just myself (as an example).

My rating of this episode is 7,5 out of 10. I wanted more than I got,but WOW what an episode it was,and that`s probably why I wanted more.

Anyone who knows how the shows doing on the ratings?

Comment

I was a little disappointed with the seeder ship to be honest, I hope someday we get to see and learn more about them.

Comment

It had a slight gain this week.

A little bit of trivia I noticed on a repeat viewing: Greer pulled a hamstring while with Park. Niiiiiiicee.

Comment

i agree, i too was left wanting... but the seed ship looks even more like a chevron than destiny does - (supergate out of ships?)

damn drama + commercials = less sci-fi coolness

Comment

Why isnt anyone talking about the moment when Rush basically blew off the most significant reveal in the series (perhaps the franchise) when they finally saw the stargate manufacturing facility? I believe his exact words were: "Well, have we had enough of this little diversion?". Could he have been more apathetic? A real let down.

Comment

Working...
                                X