Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why that actor for the Scientist Caval??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just now putting two and two together and realizing that the dumb one from Third Rock is the same as the mean guy from the Stargate movie.

I've seen the movie loads of times but was only thinking of Third Rock.

I could see how one would ask the question, then. He was the jerk that threw Daniel Jackson's suitcase open into a sand dune.

Then again, he's also the dude who first established that matter can only go one way through a wormhole, so it seems like he must of knew something.

Comment

I would have personally preferred it if he kept the same character. It would have been good to have them show respect to one of the first modern day earth human to walk through a stargate.
      I would have three characters personally, one to look at there chance of survival purely on the military front, one to look at the ship and the signal and the senator.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        I would have personally preferred it if he kept the same character. It would have been good to have them show respect to one of the first modern day earth human to walk through a stargate.
        I would have three characters personally, one to look at there chance of survival purely on the military front, one to look at the ship and the signal and the senator.
        Feretti died in an episode of SG1, impossible for him to keep the same character

Comment

Really? Which one? The last I remember seeing him was Hammond was about to send him after SG-1, but the gate didn't work.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

He doesn't die. I think the last time he is mentioned is in "Shades of Gray" when the team is wondering who will replace O'Neill as team leader.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

THOUGH he was the Original Feretti in the stargate motion picture...
              know that i did not
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Upon further thought, he would be the only guy who played someone in the original movie, who was recast for the shows and then appeared later in the franchise as someone else right?
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

*facepalms*
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Upon further thought, he would be the only guy who played someone in the original movie, who was recast for the shows and then appeared later in the franchise as someone else right?
                    no, Ska'ra and Sha're's dad.

Comment

Really? Which one? The last I remember seeing him was Hammond was about to send him after SG-1, but the gate didn't work.
                      I thought Feretti got a goa'uld in him in the first episode, then died by wormhole top of head depcapitation in the second episode. - I am mistaken, this happened to Major Kawalsky.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        Those two were not recast for SG-1. What I mean is that Feretti was recast for SG-1, and then the original actor for the character returned later for someone else. Richard Kind's original scientist character didn't return after the movie did he?

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                          Slapping my head i forgot him.. Though i thought Ska'ara was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Slapping my head i forgot him.. Though i thought Ska'ara was the same.
                            he is

Those two were not recast for SG-1. What I mean is that Feretti was recast for SG-1, and then the original actor for the character returned later for someone else. Richard Kind's original scientist character didn't return after the movie did he?
                            yes they did, Ska'ra came back as Ska'ra and Sha're's dad came back as her and ska'ra's dad. you can look it up yourself.

Comment

That would be Alexis Cruz and Erick Avari as Skaara and Kusuf (respectively); they played their roles in both the 1994 film and reprised them for SG-1.

Richard Kind and French Stewart were also in the original film, but have been in the series as different characters. Richard Kind was Jeffrey Needleman in the original film, and Lucius Lavin in Stargate Atlantis episodes Irresistible and Irresponsible. French Stewart was Ferretti in the original film and then Dr. Andrew Covel in this episode of SGU.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Recast means having the actor changed, not having the actor return.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X