No announcement yet.

Save Geeky Character ? ( Aftermath )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the character and cried when he died, both times I've watched it so far, but he has to stay dead for it to mean anything.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Riley died and should stay dead. For him to return would cheapen his death and the impact it had.
      this X infinity

I loved Riley but Riley should stay dead.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I seriously hope that TPTB don't fall back on their usual ''Killing characters/bringing them back to life episodes later'' route

Comment

Why one of the true heroes onboard and not chloe.

Comment

I think we're up to:

Stay Dead 13
            Faith Planet 0

Rarely have I seen such unanimity on any topic. Is he not handsome enough? Is he not funny enough? Riley was one of the nice normal guys on the show. The average man so to speak. I guess it's safe to bump him off then. Where is the love for poor Riley?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg1fan View Post
              Rarely have I seen such unanimity on any topic. Is he not handsome enough? Is he not funny enough? Riley was one of the nice normal guys on the show. The average man so to speak. I guess it's safe to bump him off then. Where is the love for poor Riley?
              Because it would negate the entire point of the episode, and by extension, any other death in the series. The last thing SGU needs is another "ascension" epidemic.

Furthermore, it's an almost certainty that this one isn't just going to be swept under the rug and forgotten as the other series had a habit of doing. As soon as Young finds out that Rush stopped the ship at that planet, it is not going to be a pretty sight.

Comment

I think we're up to:

Stay Dead 13
                Faith Planet 0

I don't like dead characters to live again no matter how much I love them

Comment

I think Riley should show up on the 'Obelisk planet.'

Comment

I really liked Riley as a character but it wouldn't be right to bring him back.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I haven't seen this episode yet because I'm in the UK - I've been reading the Aftermath discussion topics because I don't care about spoilers. As the GW transcript isn't available yet I've got a question to ask -

Did 'Aftermath' include a full explanation of what happened on the Faith planet in 'Intervention'? Unless I know the full explanation I can't say whether or not it would be a good idea for him to turn up there.

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                      I don't like dead characters to live again no matter how much I love them
                      But main characters are forever dying in Stargate - it's just that they're AU versions or it happens in a timeline that's then changed (The Last Man) or returned back the way it should have been (Stargate Continuum). Main characters died several times in 'Time' as well. It's this kind of thing that's already cheapened Riley's death for me - I'm not going to believe that the main characters are in any kind of danger as a result because they'll always get a reset button. Maybe TPTB intend to surprise us with a main character later on but I'm not going to hold my breath.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think we're up to:

Stay Dead 13
                        Faith Planet 0

I adore Riley. Just think it would cheapen his character if he got brought back from the dead. He is handsome enough and he's definitely funny enough, and he can stay dead.
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

SPOILER Warning for those that haven't seen Aftermath. Don't read this thread.

Spoiler:
                          Riley died, but do you think he should be given a second life on the faith planet?

My vote is let him stay dead. Sorry Riley. Love you but....time to go.

Nope. Stay kia.

TPTB should grow some balls and start killing main characters for a change.
                          But who do you class as a main character?
                          Scott, Greer, Parks, Young, TJ, Rush, Eli, Wray, Telford??

I loved the character and cried when he died, both times I've watched it so far, but he has to stay dead for it to mean anything.
                          It was close to a tear jerker for me, especially how
                          Spoiler:
                          he asked young to finish him off so he would not have to suffer

Furthermore, it's an almost certainty that this one isn't just going to be swept under the rug and forgotten as the other series had a habit of doing. As soon as Young finds out that Rush stopped the ship at that planet, it is not going to be a pretty sight.
                          Especially with the way the crew were all celebrating him at the end.

Did 'Aftermath' include a full explanation of what happened on the Faith planet in 'Intervention'? Unless I know the full explanation I can't say whether or not it would be a good idea for him to turn up there.
                          Nope. Unfortunatly all we got was TJ having a talk with Riley about her vision/dream and whether it was real..

No = 19.
                          yes = 1 (thelastsunset)

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Nope. Unfortunatly all we got was TJ having a talk with Riley about her vision/dream and whether it was real..

No = 19.
                            yes = 1 (thelastsunset)
                            So the vote is -

No= 19

Yes = 1

Don't know because we haven't got an explanation for TJ's experience = 1
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              No. I can't live through another Save Character X campaign
                              I agree. To me, the "save beckett" campain killed SGA and also the power that the writers are supposed to have upon the viewers. They can hear the fans but they shouldn't write something to please an angry group.

So Riley's dead and must stay dead. If TPTB want him back for a flashback, why not.
                              So say we all!

Comment

Originally posted by solid-snake56 View Post
                                I agree. To me, the "save beckett" campain killed SGA and also the power that the writers are supposed to have upon the viewers. They can hear the fans but they shouldn't write something to please an angry group.
                                TPTB got a lot of free publicity for SGA out of it, though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X