X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Greer was stand on top in the beginning. It wasn't standing up at first
    The gate was standing up at first. The Gate weighs thousands of tons so, if it wasn't standing up, how could they lift it.
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

It seemed pretty obvious to me that the gate was always standing up. They never moved it- just moved the rocks surrounding it. I honestly would never have even considered anything else if I hadn't read it here.

Comment

While not that important to the overall plot of the episode which is basically Riley dying. I found that a bit too convenient, if I didn't miss anything, to have Greer simply stumble on the Stargate like that. What are the odds...
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I really liked how calm Scott was all throughout the episode. He's very good in a crisis.

Comment

That was one of the most emotionally intense Stargate episodes ever! The shots of Riley with the sun light on his face were beautiful. His eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
              Given that Robert Carlyle is the strongest actor that stargate, and i include sg1 and atlantis in that, has ever had, it is great to see him given such a great character.
              David Hewlett was an excellent actor, he was just written poorly

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                From what I could tell, and this was not too clearly shown, Destiny tried dialing but couldn't connect because the event horizon was still partially blocked. The shaking stopped when the connection failed. They finished clearing the event horizon and dialed out. This is canon; the most notable mention was in "A Hundred Days," the gate was still active when buried causing the rock to harden away from the event horizon. In that case, the gate was able to connect.
                You're right. Destiny tried to dial out, but the planet's gate started shaking as if the two gates were in close proximity (Solitudes). After removing a couple of rocks from the event horizon, Eli managed to establish a connection to Destiny. But yeah, that's bull crap and goes against canon as far as I can tell. Heck, most gates are embedded on the floor, so they are always partially obstructed, but never failed to receive an incoming wormhole because of it.
                Last edited by Stormtrooper; 06 October 2010, 06:52 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry guys, I give this a thumbs down. And not because Riley is dead (why didn't they just sever his lower torso?), but because... well it all just feels a bit hollow, forced, and lifeless (pardon the pun). It's great there is a new set for us to take in, but otherwise the episode left nothing but the faintest of afterthoughts which soon blinked out of existence.

I also see the ol' Vancouver quarry makes a comeback after trying so hard not to in season 1. Hopefully, these first two eps are a clearing of the throat in preparation for the overture that is to come.
                  sigpic

Comment

You know what was interesting about this episode? There was no Chloe in this episode, and no one here even mentioned that, I don't think. They are already sidelining characters, and you have to with such a big cast. I'd rather have more Wray than Chloe anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      well it all just feels a bit hollow, forced, and lifeless
                      Totally disagree... Intervention was forced, Air 3 was forced and hollow, Life was forced, hollow and lifeless. This definitely wasn't. But not all people will be 100% satisfied with every ep...
                      - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                        Have to laugh at the scene where the shuttle clips the mountain and just keeps on going on its course without so much as a twitch. It would have been spinning all over the place after such an impact. Poor CGI.
                        Do you know much about how these shuttles operate? It's Ancient tech. if this was Earth tech, after such an impact it would've lost the wing and would spin out of control. But... it's Ancient tech. They have anti-gravity tech, inertial dampeners on board and all the cool stuff, I wouldn't be surprised that mountain suffered a lot more than shuttle did- and, in fact, we saw that the exterior of the shuttle wasn't really damaged.

CommanderZelix, my personal view is that characters and their interaction is more important than plot. I've loved several movies with no plot at all where only characters keep me engaged. I liked SGA but I'm not sure if I could sit through some episodes if there wasn't McKay and his humour... because other characters were pretty clichee. But you are a person for whom the plot is more important I understand.

I haven't watched Fringe since, I gues, episode 12 in the first season... after that I lost interest. Maybe it has improved but from what I saw the characters were clichee and not that interesting... and the show was pretty cheezy. But maybe I should try to check some episodes, especially this one, if it is so good.
                        Last edited by latvian_stargatefan; 06 October 2010, 05:51 AM.
                        - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

Originally posted by latvian_stargatefan View Post
                          Do you know much about how these shuttles operate? It's Ancient tech. if this was Earth tech, after such an impact it would've lost the wing and would spin out of control. But... it's Ancient tech. They have anti-gravity tech, inertial dampeners on board and all the cool stuff, I wouldn't be surprised that mountain suffered a lot more than shuttle did- and, in fact, we saw that the exterior of the shuttle wasn't really damaged.
                          Wow! Do all these marvellous pieces of ancient technology operate without power by using the ancients magical pixie dust? Regardless of any tech they may have had on board, hitting the side of a mountain is going to change the direction that the shuttle is flying / gliding on, its a matter of physics.
                          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

My only issue with this episode is that they killed Riley *sigh* The characters I like always get killed *shakes head*

The rest of the episode I really enjoyed even with the lack of Chloe
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

This episode just amazes. Ever since SGU premiered it has surpassed SG-1 and Atlantis in intelligence. I have grown up with SG-1 and Atlantis and I believe Stargate has been taken in a new and very appropriate direction.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                                My only issue with this episode is that they killed Riley *sigh* The characters I like always get killed *shakes head*

The rest of the episode I really enjoyed even with the lack of Chloe
                                there was a lack of Chloe wasn't there? I hadn't noticed.. huh...wow that says something!...lol.. Riley was a favorite of mine too I cried in this episode because he died!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X